The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old April 15th, 2017, 11:42 AM

Evening all,

Not doing anything this long weekend, the wife has a bad cold so we decided to stay at home where I can do my husband duties and look after her.

Afraid I agree with Mikes family with regards to seafood, it always reminds me of what I feed my cat!

Inline, does it ever warm up in Finland?
Weather in London is ok, low 60s and sunny periods. Can't get out in the Cutlass this weekend as I have a load of building supplies on my front.

I still haven't finished the artificial grass yet. The roll I'm putting down is 16m x 4m and must weigh about a half a ton so I'm gonna need some help, trying to get four of my pals in one place is proving to be difficult.

Veggie paella tonight and not a single bit of seafood in sight!

Have a great long weekend all
Old April 15th, 2017, 05:27 PM

Been doing well and finally happy.It has been at work,a surgical nurse I work with very well and knows what she is doing fresh out of school.Get along very well and a quick learner,saw how I like the surgical tools layed out when I do the hand and foot surgeries.Knows they have to be sterilized as well after the surgery is done.
Old April 15th, 2017, 07:39 PM

Warm here, with temps in the low 70's today. Just finished up a blueberry pound cake for tomorrow.
Old April 15th, 2017, 11:39 PM

Good Morning.

Little-bit of snow raining, but so little it aint staying at the ground.
33F outside. Well, yesterday i finished my wood-shelter and put some wood there already to dry. Todays plans calls for me driving to garage with Cutlass to get to warm space, and take my opera-window off and "re-glue" it with new butyl. Old is leaking like a sieve, just developed it during winter-time.

LondonCutlass - It is already warm since ive been outside with just a t-shirt
Jokes aside, at May we should see 50...59F's as day temps, and from june to August even up to 68F with occasional few 77F days. Then it gets cold again.

Okay, have a good sunday everyone.
Old April 16th, 2017, 05:00 AM

He is risen
Old April 17th, 2017, 04:24 AM

Tiis Monday so GTG smack whitey around

Have a great day Olds friends
Old April 17th, 2017, 04:36 AM

Good afternoon.

Last evening i went and drove to friend to have so quality time in sauna, then bbq and lots of...... you knew it was coming......... beer!

Now back home. Should install all interior plastics back to Cutlass now when the opera-window is re-glued.

Okay, tomorrow is work-day again. Need to get something done today.
Have a good monday everyone.
Old April 17th, 2017, 10:44 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Guess where I am. The library. Since it's pretty much down to the wire tax-wise, I figure I should really get them figured and sent in. Well, the State in their infinite wisdom will not send out tax forms, and they won't let you print blank ones. So I had to find a place with a printer and fill out the form online and then print it off. Hm, if I get a receipt from the library I can deduct the 2.50 it cost on next year's taxes.

Don't ask me why I wait till the last minute to do this, because I really don't know. Just can't be bothered I guess.

Jamesbo the Kimmer will be on your street corner today at 4 giving the fire department $20. He asked on the air why they are always collecting money and someone called in and said it was for Muscular Dystrophy. So now he feels bad and is going to go there and ante up. He must live up that way.

London hope Mrs. London is feeling better.

Spent 3 1/2 hours at the Awful house this morning. We had more problems to solve than usual. Tiger was in the car and when we came out he didn't mind anyone helping give him his hamburger. He's home right now in the house, hopefully not shredding the place. I left him be yesterday for a hour or so and when I got home he was right by the front door waiting.

You may remember me mentioning a 96 Chevy truck I'm parting out. Well I've gotten pretty much everything I need off it so it's going away. If anyone happens to need anything (small) let me know in the next couple days.

Here's the latest object I don't think I can live without. Have a look and tell me what you think. I'll tell you what he's asking when everyone weighs in. https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/6087294882.html

Okay times about up here so it's off to the shop. Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old April 17th, 2017, 10:45 AM
Captain Starfire

Hope all had a happy & holy Easter. I for one (w/better half) had the "happy" part down-pat at Jamesbo's & S/M's mountain estate, where we were feted with their culinary delights. Afterwards, we continued to enjoy the great company with a nice, long session for chewing-of-the-fat.

BTW, our wall in da Hills looks even better in person.

The trip up on Good Friday was 12 hours... (Poor kitties...)

Mike, I'm taking the 5th Amendment, so don't wait on me.

Have a great one, Olds friends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; April 17th, 2017 at 10:48 AM.
Old April 17th, 2017, 11:40 AM
CQR

Afternoon all. Sorry I'm tardy.

Had a good Easter meeting a bunch of now known relatives, and learning a little out my family's past. It was a big success.

Now back at it.

Have a rest of your day.
Old April 17th, 2017, 01:25 PM

John, We had a great time, glad y'all could make it

London, You did miss an interesting conversation with my college bud's wife [whose a Brit] I learned way more than I wanted to know about 1] The proper way to make a pot of tea 2] London traffic circle rules and regs

My bud grew up working in his dad's bakery, So he made hot cross buns for our breakfast [ I understand an English Good Friday tradition]

Mike, I don't think you have room for that, I think you need to store the Amphi at my lake house
Old April 17th, 2017, 10:37 PM

Clint, care to make an online diagnosis? I have a friend with a 2002 Jeep Wrangler that has the 4.0L straight six. He took it out of storage this weekend and drove it around a bit, when he got home he that he wanted to check under the hood just to make sure everything was looking good, well, he says that he hood was hotter than hell, and that he could not grab the rod that holds up the hood with his bare hand because it was too hot, it lays on top of the radiator in a general location when not in use. I thought initially a bad thermostat or a plugged radiator, while also telling him to check the coolant level in the overflow jug when it has cooled down, plus as far as he knows the antifreeze/coolant has never been changed. But, here is the thing that I can't figure out, his temperature gauge never went over 210°, so why would it get so hot under the hood, but not register higher with his gauge? Thanks.
Old April 18th, 2017, 04:00 AM

Good day.

Was short due to season starting meeting. Could do some woodwork today.
Hmm.

Have a good day everyone.
Old April 18th, 2017, 04:22 AM

Mawn'in

Another pretty day at the cemetery

Too bad I have to spend it on a lawn mower

John, Thanks for the apple bear claw, It made a yummy breakfast treat

Mike, Everyone I know has filed for an extension because they spent too much time watching the FB giraffe giving birth

I'm not Clint but I would say, the temp sending unit is FUBAR [That's about as technical as I can get]

Clint, Glad your "New" family meeting was a success

Have a great day Olds friends
Old April 18th, 2017, 07:33 AM
Captain Starfire

Dank & dark in da' Hills.... but not dampening our spirits. Just gives me more time before I have to cut grass.

Glad you enjoyed the treat, Jamesbo. Honestly speaking, I had one yesterday and thought this batch of fritters was a tad off (maybe forgot to add salt?); but they're still better than Ingle's.

Clint, so glad to hear you had some nice interaction in the "new family" department.

Y'all have a great Tuesday, Olds friends.
Old April 18th, 2017, 12:00 PM
CQR

Afternoon all.

Thats all it was a fun time .

Dan, Have to verify first that it's actually overheating. seeing as how its the primary job of the radiator to transfer heat away from the coolant it sounds like it may be working. If it's running 210F thats pretty normal and with that rod sitting right there, I've had a hard time grabbing one here and there as well.

Have a day.
Old April 18th, 2017, 04:07 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Good day for sleeping. Was sunny and cool, and then when I woke up it clouded up and started raining. Looks like it will be an on again off again rain night.

Clint I'm so glad your day went well. Are you planning on keeping up with these people or was it a one time thing?

So John I'm guessing you don't think I need a 41 Plymouth. That's okay, after speaking with the fellow on the phone and him giving me a ridiculously high price, he hasn't responded to my request for additional information or more pictures.

Jamesbo I'm about ready to send that car to the great beyond. What a pain it's been for years. Won't come apart well, parts too expensive, pretty much a project that's over my head. Not to mention the club that I'm no longer in charge of is a big pain in my patootie.

First of three tonight. Had something going on next weekend and then it canceled, but decided to keep the day off anyway. Heck, I like not being there.

Okay, time to wrestle Tiger into his room and hit the bricks. Have a good evening everyone.
Old April 18th, 2017, 08:49 PM

Thanks Clint, I'll relay the info.
Old April 19th, 2017, 03:53 AM

Mawn'in

Got a little wet in the middle of the nite but may have blown out

Mike,

Hook that lift to a tree, drive off with the trailer, drive [or come along ] Amphi onto trailer, deliver to my lake house. Problem solved

Clint, I try not to dig too deeply into family history, In the south, we always have a few undesirables, if you don't there's something wrong with your family

A few years ago my cousin called me and asked me if I knew anything about my grandfather getting into a gun fight at a "Road House" Seems his mom, [in the late 80's ] let a secret out of the bag by mistake

I need to ax for an excused absence tomorrow morning. Got to leave early and try too maneuver around the broken interstate

Anyway GTG

Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old April 19th, 2017, 06:49 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Jamesbo, I could probbly fit almost all my tools in Bob's Box. Good thing I own the joint and can Leave some of the bigger stuff laying around.

Mike, It will be continued. I haven't yet met my Brother or other aunts and Uncles. I have a gearhead uncle in Cali that likes old american iron.

Have a Humpity.
Old April 19th, 2017, 09:43 AM

I need to ax for an excused absence tomorrow morning. Got to leave early and try too maneuver around the broken interstate
Permission granted! See ya when ya come back.
Old April 19th, 2017, 09:48 AM
Captain Starfire

Howdy, y'all... I couldn't agree more on the "dark sheep" thing. Good thing was, in N.O., half the population acted crazy anyway, so it didn't stand out too much.
Y'all have a great Humpity, Olds friends.
Old April 19th, 2017, 12:07 PM

Evening. Just a quick check-in, ill try to catch on weekend.
Been busy busy busy. Almost unlimited hours allowed to do. Im totally in!

Good night everyone, see you at Friday evening.
Old April 19th, 2017, 04:00 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

It got progressively nicer out as the day went on. Got to bed before sun up and it was cool and dark. Then around 10 it was coolish and overcast. Got up around noon and it was sunny. Got up at 3 and it was 80! I love it.

Jamesbo I think you need to stay home. Dan with the way the roads are around here these days he might fall in and not make it back.

Tiger got his first trophy yesterday. A ground hog. I didn't even know we had ground hogs here. Not sure it received a Christian burial, but it's now out of sight, out of mind. I suppose I could have thrown it in the lake. Once in a while Sparky would get a ground squirrel, and Jetta's specialty was tree rats(squirrels).

Well time to hit it. Night two. Found out my big roll around tool box which has resided on the 4th floor for the past year is being used as a work bench by plant maintenance. My buddy saw this last night and texted me. I said is it getting screwed up? He said well, I wouldn't want my box being used like this. Hm. Guess I'll need to make plans once and for all.

Okay have a good Hump evening everyone.
Old April 20th, 2017, 01:44 AM

I'm off like a herd of turtles

Have a Great day Olds friends
Old April 20th, 2017, 04:12 AM
CQR

MOrnin.

Jamesbo is up and at em early I see.

Mike, I assume you really don't need the box there. Are you gonna take it home? Or maybe take it our to your other property?

Have a day all.
Old April 20th, 2017, 03:29 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Sunny all day and now it's clouding up. Hope that doesn't mean a wet weekend.

Friday tonight. Last night was a bit of an odd one. We tried replacing lav doors on a 757 with modified ones. Went through several doors, none of them were built right. Sent them all back to the manufacturer as defective. Finished the night with the old doors put back on. Then adjusted the seat recline on all the coach seats, taking away 1" of recline. For no apparent reason. I happen to see an internal memo laying out that said the company wondered if the passengers would miss or would mind if 1" of recline was taken away. No mention of whether someone thought it would save money, etc. Hm. Good thing I know how to put it back real quick...

Clint I really haven't needed my box since I left the hangar many, many years ago. It was tucked in a remote corner so it was a good place to hide and also keep stuff in. I don't think there's any tools in it anymore. I'm going to put it in my neighbor's garage for now until I can make a good place for it at the shop.

Jamesbo how'd you do in the big city today?

Looks like John's been hob-knobbing with the elite today.

Well, time to get to it. The weekend comes early. Have a good evening everyone.
Old April 20th, 2017, 03:44 PM

Evening all

What a week, Mrs London in her generosity has passed on her nasty cold in my direction, that my third one this year so far, I'm convinced that it's because this winter wasn't cold enough to kill off the germs, or I suppose it could be that I work with a load of snotty kids!

Jamesbo, learning to make tea properly is an important art for the English and driving in London is easy, if my car is bigger than yours I go first, simple.

Finishing my artificial grass is like you guys finishing walls, it will get done at some point.

Taking a three hour drive up north in the morning, I'm going to an antiques auction, Mrs London has been collecting an old antique dinner set and there's a number of pieces for sale, should be fun.

Btw Jamesbo why don't you get a flock of sheep to cut your grass, more environmentally friendly than a lawnmower plus you would have more time to practice your swing!

Adios amigos
Old April 21st, 2017, 04:15 AM

Mawn'in

Musta rained a little laste nite

Well, I hade it down the road to LaGrange and back to smacky whitey with my cousins. Always wondered why Layfayette had the nerve to name his farm "The Farm [LaGrange] as if there wasn't another farm or 2 in France.

Anyway going 80+ all the way traffic wasn't as bad as I thought. Well worth the trip

London, I'm afraid the cyotees would kill them all, every since all the new development started 3/4 years ago Wildlife habitat has gotten scarce and the nasty vermin have started killing everything that moves [cats, chickens, small dogs]

GTG Have a great day Olds friends
Old April 21st, 2017, 05:15 AM
CQR

Mornin.

Jamesbo, sounds like its time for some target practice.

London, Are the Moors as removed and desolate as they are portrayed in American tv? Or are they 'just out of town'?

Have a Friday.

Old April 21st, 2017, 10:33 AM

Well, Jamesbo, if you have sheep, then you must have a sheep dog to protect the flock. Didn't yo ever watch Looney Tunes?
Old April 21st, 2017, 11:07 AM

Clint, What brought up that question? Did ya jes watch Wuthering heights?

No, I don't have sheep or a sheep dog Jes Red and my wife's *%(*%*) cats
Old April 21st, 2017, 01:00 PM
Always room for one more

Jamesbo you really crack me up.

Hi everyone.

I hate that this is such a slow to get moving day. Had what on the surface looked like a gravy plane, the only one I had, but it got in after midnight and had several items that turned into trouble. So got out after 5 and my foot is killing me and I told Tiger, we're just going to sleep until whenever. Whenever turned out to be 12:45.

But so the day isn't a total waste, I've already got laundry going and I'm gonna mow the lawn and later wash the car.

Did I say my foot hurt? If any of you ever get the option to have gout, I'd turn it down. Painful. This is the second time I've gotten it. I've tried to wait it out, I read that it cures itself in 5-7 days. Well tomorrow is day 7 and it shows no signs of slowing down. I guess I'll have to go to the doctor and get medicine. One of the contributors to this is fructose-flavored drinks. Hm. I avoid pop during the week at work, but on the weekends I drink gallons of it at the Awful house(I sure as hell ain't gonna drink coffee).

Okay sunny and 85. Can't waste it. Have a good weekend everyone.
Old April 22nd, 2017, 01:35 AM

Morning all,

Clint, the moors in the U.K are spread over hundreds of square miles so some of it might be just outta town but most is quite remote, the most famous are Dartmoor and the Yorkshire moors, both are protected and are designated as areas of outstanding beauty. Well worth a visit.
Jamesbo. Must admit I never seen a coyote, don't tend too get many here, worse we have are foxes and if they are a problem then we get the upper classes on their horses with their dogs to rip them apart, nice!

Mike, you need to cut the surgery drinks 100%, you need an Englishman to show how to make a perfect cup of tea! Much better for you especially in the heat, a hot tea will cool you better than any bottle of fizz.

Anyway, I'm going to make a start on the artificial grass again.

Have a great weekend
Old April 22nd, 2017, 03:03 AM

Good day for everyone.

Tea? Tastes just like hot water does, except being worse
Coffee on the other hand, is gods drink
Oh well, my fiancee drinks only tea, no coffee for her.

Was a busy week, yesterday being longest. Learned alot. Ill say, its REALLY difficult machine to operate ( cold milling machine). Driving asphalt paver is like walk in a park compared to it. At monday im one night off from home due to work trip to eastern border.
Also had to buy new phone, wouldnt have wanted to. Old one started to shut off or restart itself all the time. Phones are crap nowadays, no matter the manufacturer they seem to last just for a year. Phones before touch-screens lasted literally forever if you just every now and then replaced battery. End of rant.

Well, saturday and cloudy and rainy. Have a good day everyone.

Last edited by Inline; April 22nd, 2017 at 03:05 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2017, 05:07 AM

Headed Norte

London, True story, My friend [from Miami] was taught by his Brit wife how to make a proper pot of tea. But one day [just to experiment] he poured the cream in the cup after the tea. His wife immediately noticed the difference

Beats me why before or after should matter, but evidently it does

I see some pork in my near future

Have a Great Weekend Olds friends
Old April 22nd, 2017, 07:41 AM
Captain Starfire

Porky's in da slaughterhouse

Mornin', all... looks like, as Leon Russell once said, "A hard rain is gonna' fall." 40% tonite, and 80 manana. But it won't dampen our spirits. Got the grass cuttin' & weed-eatin' and clippin' blowin' done yesterday, so it's back off to the dam for our walk again today.

Y'all have a great Saturday, Olds friends.

Old April 22nd, 2017, 09:30 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Quick morning every place I went. I thought I was early to the Awful house but everyone was there and gone already. Then I drove out to the junkyard in Griffin, and the guy wasn't open today. So of course I came home and sat down for a minute and fell asleep.

This afternoon I'm going over to the shop and move some stuff around. Got half of the mowing done yesterday and no cars washed. Gotta get the tool box out of Tiger's car, too.

London I don't like hot tea, now growing up I drank iced tea like it was going out of style. My Mom made a version of sun tea, complete with about a half pound of saccharin. Yum.

Well gotta get moving. Have a good afternoon everyone.
Old April 22nd, 2017, 11:26 AM

I went to my brothers house, 15 miles away, to pick up his '74 T-Bird to clean up and sell for the estate. It needs a few things, idles rough, stalled twice in the driveway, and once a half mile down the road (might be due to old gas), it has a bad exhaust manifold leak, and shimmies on the highway. I'll talk to a guy on Monday to see what they can do for me $.
Old April 23rd, 2017, 04:15 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Ah, look at me. The honest to goodness worm. Today's worm is getting a tad wet.

Started raining and thundering I think around 4 this morning. Tiger wasn't phased. Until it was time to go out then he wanted nothing to do with it. We got a break in the rain and hurried outside.

Got a couple more parts taken off my parts truck. My Sawzall had the dumbest thing happen. The little tip that holds the blade in has worn smooth. How the heck do you fix that? New Sawzall I guess. I was ready to just take the truck to the recycler without saving the one quarter panel or the rear bumper, which both are surprisingly nice, until I looked up how much those parts are to buy. Now I think I'll wait to take it until I can get those parts off. I sure am tired of looking at that thing.

Gonna head to da hills for a day of fellowship. Always a good time. Hope it isn't raining all day up there.

Dan is that the Torino/Elite looking Tbird? If it's been sitting awhile don't turn on the heater. The box will start leaking and you have to take half the car apart to fix it.

Okay gotta get ready. Have a good day everyone.