The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Who still uses an older flip phone?

Search this Thread

Old October 31st, 2017, 03:34 PM

Who still uses an older flip phone?

I hate cell phones but I have to have one for work. Well, they just took my flip phone away and give me some kind of smart phone. I assume it is an apple because it has an apple on it, lol. They took mine and set this thing up and said here you go and left. I have the slightest clue how to even make a call on it. Sitting here for the past hour trying to figure out how to make a call. I am sure I will have it figured out eventually but I sure hate it at this time. I only need to make calls for work. I don't need all this other crap. I have a computer for that. I guess it is time to You Tube it for some how to's
Old October 31st, 2017, 03:47 PM

Give it to one of your kids, they will have it figured out in 5 minutes. You will grow to like it. They world is at your fingertips.

Don W
Old October 31st, 2017, 04:01 PM
Always room for one more

I just gave up my flip open phone last week. So far I'm not impressed with the smart phone.

Like you, the guy at the store gave it to me and sent me on my way. No instruction booklet, no advice, just "take it home and play with it." Everyone I know said, oh you'll get the hang of it. I couldn't even answer a call for the first three days!

Good luck Eric, you'll need it. Several times I was this close to throwing this thing in the trash and reactivating the flip open phone. Of course this cost me 600 bucks so I didn't.
Old October 31st, 2017, 04:10 PM

Praise the lord!!! There have been several times I wanted to text pictures to or get pictures from you. There is no turning back now....
Old October 31st, 2017, 04:14 PM

Press and hold the round button at the bottom of the phone. When you hear a sound or a voice, say "Call Fred" or whomever, and the phone will make the call.
Old October 31st, 2017, 04:37 PM

My flip is supplied by my work. I have been asked if I wanted an upgrade and say no. I see the struggles other guys at work have with their smarts. My flip is holding on for dear life with a cracked front screen and broken flip hinge but still works fine with no battery issues.
Old October 31st, 2017, 05:49 PM

I flip also. Had a smart phone but ran out of patience and gave it to the wife. I can see the advantages of the smart phone but I'm to old to soon for new tricks... Tedd
Old October 31st, 2017, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by oldspackrat
Praise the lord!!! There have been several times I wanted to text pictures to or get pictures from you. There is no turning back now....
I just have to be careful how much I use it for personal use. Not sure what I can and can't do yet. I can use it as much as I want for email as long as I am near wifi. I think they have to pay for it if I use it away from wifi. I know I can't do that much at all. I just have to learn what will and will not cost them for my use. Not sure if I can text pictures without them getting a bill but I know I can by email. I have no clue how this stuff works and what gits billed and don't. I know they have something on the net setup so that they can look at anything I do on it. Some cloud thing that they have access to.
Old October 31st, 2017, 06:38 PM
same but different

I still have a flip phone. I really have no need for a smart phone, but I would love one. I'm grandfathered in a pretty cheap plan. I cant justify the costs at this time.

I understand your point. I'm sure utube will be helpful. I've been told those folks in the apple store can be pretty helpful too. My father in law has one, if he can do it, you can too.
Old October 31st, 2017, 08:01 PM

I have had a smartphone for many years, and I wouldn't be without it. As just one example, it is incredibly useful when we travel. Right there while you're in the car and speeding down the interstate, you can check out what restaurants, hotels, gas stations, points of interest, etc. are at the next exit, the next town, or whatever. As Mr Shifty Sidney says, the world is at your fingertips.

http://download.cnet.com/Next-Exit/3...-77354542.html

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.client&hl=en
Old November 1st, 2017, 03:08 AM
Lansing built

I have had a smarty for years also! Phone book, phone, computer, scheduler, navigation, camera and GPS speedo. As jaunty said if you are out of town you can find anything you wish. Great for hands free calling with blue tooth.

Also on vacations, no need to lug around a camera or camcorder and laptop. Plus you can keep up with Classic Oldsmobile and e-mails.

Pat
Old November 1st, 2017, 04:36 AM
'87 Delta 88 Royale

I have a flip phone, and no use for a smart phone. It makes and receives calls and texts, and can take low quality photos.
It has big buttons for my ageing fingers and shows text and numbers in large print.
When someone can demonstrate a real improvement on this I will be interested.

I suppose an analogy would be;"My points ignition and Simpson gearset transmission work perfectly well, why do I need to modernise?."

Roger.
Old November 1st, 2017, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by rustyroger

I suppose an analogy would be;"My points ignition and Simpson gearset transmission work perfectly well, why do I need to modernise?."

Roger.
My thought also. I did not have a choice though.
Old November 1st, 2017, 05:14 AM

I have a smart phone but it's a PITA. It's a Galaxy Note 4 and often resets itself and stalls for 45 seconds to a minute when making a call. I've told my wife I want another flip phone when we replace these. We'll see what happens.
Old November 1st, 2017, 07:06 AM

I have ATT and still have the last flip phone they offered. It is Ky...ra brand and is far inferior to the last Motorola flip phone I had. Was sorry to hear Moto stopped making phones. Will probably be forced to go to the flat crap when this one dies. All I need in a phone is what they were originally for, just to talk.
Old November 1st, 2017, 07:25 AM

Eric.

1. Bottom left of screen, press button that looks like phone handset.
2. Phone menu opens. Look for button that says "keypad" with a picture of a 1 through zero pad. Push it.
3. Dial.
4. Hit green button at bottom that looks like handset.
5. When done, hit red button.
Old November 1st, 2017, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Koda
Eric.

1. Bottom left of screen, press button that looks like phone handset.
2. Phone menu opens. Look for button that says "keypad" with a picture of a 1 through zero pad. Push it.
3. Dial.
4. Hit green button at bottom that looks like handset.
5. When done, hit red button.
lol,I could not find a key pad. It would just pop up my bosses number when I opened it. My wife knows a little on how to use them and was having trouble also? She showed me how to just push the bottom button and tell it who to call. That is what I am doing till they can look at it. I think something is wrong with it. I am starting to think something is wrong with the text also. I can reply to a text but can't start a new one till I push that button and tell it who to text.
Old November 1st, 2017, 08:14 AM
Rocket Renegade!

Originally Posted by jaunty75
I have had a smartphone for many years, and I wouldn't be without it. As just one example, it is incredibly useful when we travel. Right there while you're in the car and speeding down the interstate, you can check out what restaurants, hotels, gas stations, points of interest, etc. are at the next exit, the next town, or whatever. As Mr Shifty Sidney says, the world is at your fingertips.

http://download.cnet.com/Next-Exit/3...-77354542.html

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.client&hl=en
I always hear about people doing this, but haven't really managed it myself. Is there some way of getting a WiFi signal on the road, or do you just pay those ungodly roaming fees?
Old November 1st, 2017, 11:03 AM

I still have a flip phone & I could care less about having a smart phone! It costs me $29 a month. It makes phone calls, takes decent pictures & texts just fine. I just laugh when I go out & see everyone walking around like zombies holding their smart phones out in front of them. I love seeing couples at a restaurant both playing with their phones & not talking to each other! I guess I'm getting Old!!!
Old November 1st, 2017, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Tedd Thompson
I flip also. Had a smart phone but ran out of patience and gave it to the wife. I can see the advantages of the smart phone but I'm to old to soon for new tricks... Tedd
Amen Brother, my wife calls me "Urban Amish" I love my flip phone!
Old November 1st, 2017, 03:05 PM
Olds Fever

I am with the FLIP PHONE CROWD... I had a smart phone for awhile, mostly for business sales transactions but never gave up my flip phone... Got way too many scam calls/texts on sales so I went back to using emails for those transactions, cancelled the smart phone and continued with the flip phone for personal issues...
Old November 2nd, 2017, 12:13 AM

Hi Eric,
Just hang in there, it does get better the more you use it. Inmy professional career I went from a Pager,Motorola Startac flip phone, Blackberry to iPhone, so technology change is partof life. Not sure why your company forced you to give up your flip, but I know manycompanies which issue company phones switched tosmartphones for the sole purpose of being able to track and account foremployee whereabouts at all times. Remember, they own the phone and number and havefull administrator rights, not saying your company is doing this but just be aware they have the ability to do it. The good news,you can disable the Location Service within thephone and go stealth mode, but it will conflict when you want to use GPS as itrequires your location to operate. So you can switch it on/off as needed.
Your first week will becomethe most challenging as your having to retrain your brain. I can assure youwill get so darn frustrated and probably have countless thoughts throughout theday wanting to slam it onto the ground or tossit out the window due to sheer frustrations. Go into your Zen Mode, relax and don’tfight the technology learn to keep an open mind and embrace it. Remember, havinga smartphone is like carrying around a small personal computer in your pocketand can be overwhelming as you learn and familiarize yourself with theoperating system, but once you grasp the initial learning curve speed bump, you’llhave much more of an appreciation and begin to see how powerful and useful thisnew phone is, I’m confident in a short amount of time you’ll be kickingyourself in the butt and wonder why you didn’t make the switch years ago.
Oh, yea, quickly invest in a quality protected cover, theseare somewhat fragile, without it, the first accidental drop will quickly putyou in a bad mood. Period!
If you are fortunate to have a tech buddy familiar withApple products, the learning curve will be greatly expedited, but if you donot, my suggestion is to quickly contact yourclosest Apple Store and make an appointment/reservationwith their “Genius Bar”. Apple’s Genius Bar is the company’s in-store customer support center/staff members. Telephone them and make an appointment withGenius Bar in advance. If you do not make an appointment and just walk inhoping for immediate help or ask questions, Iwill guarantee you will be sitting and waiting and watching for hoursothers get helped ahead of you and you willbecome greatly frustrated. I can honestly say, the Apple Store closest to our home is located in the mall and have gonein about an hour before they close for help, 15% success rate, but it's that other 85% where they often pullthe ol’ Heisman stiff-arm that they are too busy and are unable to helpand will gladly help set up and appointment for you that will **** you off. Justsave yourself the hassle and make an appointment. This will enable you to have apersonal one on one, face to face hands-onteaching experience with an Apple expert. You set the meeting expectations, askplenty of questions from your list, don’t leave until you are comfortable withthe basics. For your first visit, have a missionand don’t deviate, I suggest you keep it simple as if you allow them they can quicklysend you into data retention overload and find yourself having one of thoseshort circuit shut down moments. Break it down in stages. Make a list offunctions you wish to learn and master, itemize them by importance for how youused your old telephone. I suspect to startwith the obvious-calling, contact list, email, texting, web browsing, photos. Familiarize with the iPhone, whereto go and how to access those key items on your phone first, this will make youvery happy camper as now you at least have somedata familiarity from your old phone. From there you’re in the driver’sseat on what you wish to learn whats availableto you, such as - accessing Siri, iTunes & App Store, Facetime,screenshot, camera-video-audio recording, maps/GPS, music, games, notes,download apps, screen gesturing, make your phone a hotspot for computerand or iPad. There are sooooooo many morefeatures I didn’t even touch on but the Apple folks will be able to explain, but for me, the cool stuff is anythingIoT (Internet of Things) connecting objects whichexchange data, will require an app to download and access.
I am very fortunate I many resources to pull from, I have a buddy which is acertified Apple tech/repair, the other is an IT Director and web designer andmy wife was once was a software and code writer and has that natural abilitywith technology products to figure things out in minutes and teach me. Youwould probably flip if I listed everything I have on my phone where I am ableto control, monitor, etc..while at home, office, in travel domestically orinternationally. That reminds me, you will want to often sync up your iPhone toyour computer and or allow it access daily to iCloud as a back up in the eventof it ever becoming lost, stolen, or the phone fails completely. This will enable you toget a new phone and transfer the data and you’ll be up and running before youknow it.
Itwas mentioned on here about scam calls, you can’t help stop them even on your landlineat home, but on your iPhone, you can block repeated offenders telephone numbers…..
Thismakes me sound like I’m some tech weenie, I’m not, I love simplicity, but beingin the electronics industry, viewing and surrounded by all different cool technologystuff made me a willing participant to embrace and begin a slow integration ofIoT products into our family lives.
A quick funnystory…. A few years ago my in-laws were like you, diehard flip phone users swore they would never convert as they saw no value and zero need fora smartphone and would rib me and my wifeat times check emails, text messages, review documents, etc…but never atdinner. Yes, we make fun of those people that can’t put them down for twoseconds too. For Xmas, we purchased themiPads, MacBook Air, and iPhones and put them on our family plan. They were 70years old at the time, so the learning curve took just a little bit longer. They have mastered the iPad, the MacBook and with the iPhones, OMG wehave created two monsters, they text,email, send photos, facetime, etc...all the time, not only to us but to our daughter in college as well, but Idon’t mind as they get older, it has enabledus to check in on them as well. Now the fun begins all over again as I’m havingto train them as they recently purchased two new vehicles, the cars user interfaces being new to them are intimidating as there are many *****, switches,buttons, and touchscreen intensive forjust simple tasks, it's déjà vu all over again and kinda like the phoneall over again.
Enjoy your new smartphone and since your heading out to pick up a vehicle,download the app WAZE, its FREE and can be foundin your App Store icon on your home page of your phone. Within the App Storelook on the bottom for the magnifying glass search icon, tap it and enter WAZEand it will appear for you to download on your phone. You’ll love it. WAZEis a GPS navigation software thatworks on smartphones and constantly collects map data, travel times and trafficinformation from users and transmits it to Waze users or "Wazers" canreport accidents, traffic jams, speed and POLICE TRAPS, and, from the onlinemap editor, can update roads, landmarks, house numbers, etc. Based on theinformation collected, Waze is then in a position to provide routing andreal-time traffic updates. Waze can also identify the cheapest fuel stationnear a user or along their route.
Waze offers turn-by-turn voice navigation, real-time traffic, and otherlocation-specific alerts. Waze encourages users to report traffic or roadhazards that make up this mesh network ofusers helping out each other. I use itreligiously for not only the GPS and traffic condition aspect of it but for knowing where POLICE have beenspotted as with having a radar detector and radar jammer, the three combo is just about as good as it gets. Give it a try….
Old November 2nd, 2017, 02:12 AM

Thanks Jim. I know I will have it down after a while. The first thing I found is that it hurts my eyes. I think I need reading glasses.
Old November 2nd, 2017, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by 70W30Jim
Hi Eric,
Just hang in there, it does get better the more you use it. Inmy professional career I went from a Pager,Motorola Startac flip phone, Blackberry to iPhone, so technology change is partof life. Not sure why your company forced you to give up your flip, but I know manycompanies which issue company phones switched tosmartphones for the sole purpose of being able to track and account foremployee whereabouts at all times. Remember, they own the phone and number and havefull administrator rights, not saying your company is doing this but just be aware they have the ability to do it. The good news,you can disable the Location Service within thephone and go stealth mode, but it will conflict when you want to use GPS as itrequires your location to operate. So you can switch it on/off as needed.
Your first week will becomethe most challenging as your having to retrain your brain. I can assure youwill get so darn frustrated and probably have countless thoughts throughout theday wanting to slam it onto the ground or tossit out the window due to sheer frustrations. Go into your Zen Mode, relax and don’tfight the technology learn to keep an open mind and embrace it. Remember, havinga smartphone is like carrying around a small personal computer in your pocketand can be overwhelming as you learn and familiarize yourself with theoperating system, but once you grasp the initial learning curve speed bump, you’llhave much more of an appreciation and begin to see how powerful and useful thisnew phone is, I’m confident in a short amount of time you’ll be kickingyourself in the butt and wonder why you didn’t make the switch years ago.
Oh, yea, quickly invest in a quality protected cover, theseare somewhat fragile, without it, the first accidental drop will quickly putyou in a bad mood. Period!
If you are fortunate to have a tech buddy familiar withApple products, the learning curve will be greatly expedited, but if you donot, my suggestion is to quickly contact yourclosest Apple Store and make an appointment/reservationwith their “Genius Bar”. Apple’s Genius Bar is the company’s in-store customer support center/staff members. Telephone them and make an appointment withGenius Bar in advance. If you do not make an appointment and just walk inhoping for immediate help or ask questions, Iwill guarantee you will be sitting and waiting and watching for hoursothers get helped ahead of you and you willbecome greatly frustrated. I can honestly say, the Apple Store closest to our home is located in the mall and have gonein about an hour before they close for help, 15% success rate, but it's that other 85% where they often pullthe ol’ Heisman stiff-arm that they are too busy and are unable to helpand will gladly help set up and appointment for you that will **** you off. Justsave yourself the hassle and make an appointment. This will enable you to have apersonal one on one, face to face hands-onteaching experience with an Apple expert. You set the meeting expectations, askplenty of questions from your list, don’t leave until you are comfortable withthe basics. For your first visit, have a missionand don’t deviate, I suggest you keep it simple as if you allow them they can quicklysend you into data retention overload and find yourself having one of thoseshort circuit shut down moments. Break it down in stages. Make a list offunctions you wish to learn and master, itemize them by importance for how youused your old telephone. I suspect to startwith the obvious-calling, contact list, email, texting, web browsing, photos. Familiarize with the iPhone, whereto go and how to access those key items on your phone first, this will make youvery happy camper as now you at least have somedata familiarity from your old phone. From there you’re in the driver’sseat on what you wish to learn whats availableto you, such as - accessing Siri, iTunes & App Store, Facetime,screenshot, camera-video-audio recording, maps/GPS, music, games, notes,download apps, screen gesturing, make your phone a hotspot for computerand or iPad. There are sooooooo many morefeatures I didn’t even touch on but the Apple folks will be able to explain, but for me, the cool stuff is anythingIoT (Internet of Things) connecting objects whichexchange data, will require an app to download and access.
I am very fortunate I many resources to pull from, I have a buddy which is acertified Apple tech/repair, the other is an IT Director and web designer andmy wife was once was a software and code writer and has that natural abilitywith technology products to figure things out in minutes and teach me. Youwould probably flip if I listed everything I have on my phone where I am ableto control, monitor, etc..while at home, office, in travel domestically orinternationally. That reminds me, you will want to often sync up your iPhone toyour computer and or allow it access daily to iCloud as a back up in the eventof it ever becoming lost, stolen, or the phone fails completely. This will enable you toget a new phone and transfer the data and you’ll be up and running before youknow it.
Itwas mentioned on here about scam calls, you can’t help stop them even on your landlineat home, but on your iPhone, you can block repeated offenders telephone numbers…..
Thismakes me sound like I’m some tech weenie, I’m not, I love simplicity, but beingin the electronics industry, viewing and surrounded by all different cool technologystuff made me a willing participant to embrace and begin a slow integration ofIoT products into our family lives.
A quick funnystory…. A few years ago my in-laws were like you, diehard flip phone users swore they would never convert as they saw no value and zero need fora smartphone and would rib me and my wifeat times check emails, text messages, review documents, etc…but never atdinner. Yes, we make fun of those people that can’t put them down for twoseconds too. For Xmas, we purchased themiPads, MacBook Air, and iPhones and put them on our family plan. They were 70years old at the time, so the learning curve took just a little bit longer. They have mastered the iPad, the MacBook and with the iPhones, OMG wehave created two monsters, they text,email, send photos, facetime, etc...all the time, not only to us but to our daughter in college as well, but Idon’t mind as they get older, it has enabledus to check in on them as well. Now the fun begins all over again as I’m havingto train them as they recently purchased two new vehicles, the cars user interfaces being new to them are intimidating as there are many *****, switches,buttons, and touchscreen intensive forjust simple tasks, it's déjà vu all over again and kinda like the phoneall over again.
Enjoy your new smartphone and since your heading out to pick up a vehicle,download the app WAZE, its FREE and can be foundin your App Store icon on your home page of your phone. Within the App Storelook on the bottom for the magnifying glass search icon, tap it and enter WAZEand it will appear for you to download on your phone. You’ll love it. WAZEis a GPS navigation software thatworks on smartphones and constantly collects map data, travel times and trafficinformation from users and transmits it to Waze users or "Wazers" canreport accidents, traffic jams, speed and POLICE TRAPS, and, from the onlinemap editor, can update roads, landmarks, house numbers, etc. Based on theinformation collected, Waze is then in a position to provide routing andreal-time traffic updates. Waze can also identify the cheapest fuel stationnear a user or along their route.
Waze offers turn-by-turn voice navigation, real-time traffic, and otherlocation-specific alerts. Waze encourages users to report traffic or roadhazards that make up this mesh network ofusers helping out each other. I use itreligiously for not only the GPS and traffic condition aspect of it but for knowing where POLICE have beenspotted as with having a radar detector and radar jammer, the three combo is just about as good as it gets. Give it a try….
All this to make a phone call really???
Old November 2nd, 2017, 11:20 AM

Smart

Once you acclimate to a smart phone you will laugh at yourself for using a flip phone for so long. Welcome to the 21st century.
Old November 2nd, 2017, 12:07 PM
Old School Olds

The wife's old Galaxy 5 is still waiting on me, it doesn't even have a cracked screen. It does have a $40 screen protector & rubber cover and loaded with apps. Just needs to be activated.

I remember when she got me a pager that sat in my desk drawer for years too.
Iv'e been flippi'n for about 5 yrs now. Calls in, calls out, works for me.

I know, I know. But I see all these zombies at every turn and NO. The GPS is about the only thing and maybe the photo albums and yada yada yada.

Maybe one day, maybe not. Have fun on your trip Eric. Looking forward to updates on how the smart works out for ya.

https://listverse.com/2017/02/20/10-...zombie-plague/

************DADDY'S HOME!*************

Here's another one I thought was interesting also.

Last edited by tru-blue 442; November 2nd, 2017 at 12:47 PM.
Old November 2nd, 2017, 02:19 PM
Administrator

Up till a couple of years ago I went without a mobile phone for about 13 years, it was great. Then as a work requirement I had to get a smart phone, what culture shock. It took a while for me to figure it out. Its ok, I use my laptop for most internet and email stuff. The camera is handy at times. If it weren't for my hearing aides, I can adjust them with it, the phone would go bye bye again.
Old November 2nd, 2017, 02:32 PM
Runner

You have to remember a smart phone isn't a phone anymore. Its a computer that can just happen to make calls. Flip phones shouldn't even be compared to a modern smart phone. People use them for the access anything instantly. Instead of having a GPS (or map), music CDs (or tapes), a camera, a camcorder, maps, etc.... you can just have a smart phone. Its a replacement for having to have a dozen other items. I use mine as my TV remove even now!

believe it or not, smart phones are convenient. Remember, if you have an older deactivated flip phone, charge it and through it in your glove box. A phone doesn't need to be activated to call 911 so they make great backups in case of emergencies.
Old November 3rd, 2017, 05:15 AM

Here's a pic of Oldsguy with his first cell phone.

Old November 3rd, 2017, 07:31 AM

I have a Pantech slider phone. With the easy to use physical keyboard and access to emails & internet if wanted, it is a nice compromise between a flip and smart phone.
Old November 3rd, 2017, 07:36 AM

The Pantech Slider Phone does not occupy some kind of middle ground between a flip phone and a smartphone, it IS a smartphone. If you have access to the internet, you have a smartphone.

Old November 3rd, 2017, 10:42 AM

Okay, I stand corrected. I thought the Pantech Renue was only considered an advanced basic phone - somewhere between a basic phone and a smartphone.
Old November 3rd, 2017, 12:57 PM

I think the definition of a smartphone comes down to one basic thing.

Does it connect to the internet?

If your phone is like the one in the image above and has a button that says "Web" or something similar, and if you can download and use apps, which that phone above also looks like it can, I think that pretty much cinches it.

Flip phones (probably better to call them simply "basic cell phones" as some of them do not have flip-open covers), of which my 87 year old father has one, do two things of interest to him. He can talk on it, and he can send and receive text messages. But that's it of any consequence. I think it has games on it, too. Some flip phones have cameras.
Old November 3rd, 2017, 01:58 PM
Oldsdruid

Flip here too. It will make and receive calls, text, camera, and has limited browser capability, enough to research a few things. All I need. I dislike GPS on principle; give me a DeLorme Gazetteer and I can go anywhere and not get routed over a cliff.

Besides, it should be a felony moving violation to have a smartphone turned on in a running vehicle.
Old November 3rd, 2017, 04:13 PM

I have an ATT smartphone and was looking for a funeral home I was visiting.Afterasking for directions at two different locations,I pulled over in a parking lot, keyed the name of the Funeral home in on Maps,and I was only 1.2 miles from the destination . Voice guidance came on and gave me turn for turn directions with the phone laying in the cupholder of my truck.
When we bought our first IPhones, we bought a book called Iphone for Dummies, and used it for references (because I knew that I fit the name of the book. ). I love my IPhone now and I am probably older than you! Just hang there. " Old Guys Rule " or "
""Olds Guys Rule". Larry
Old November 3rd, 2017, 04:52 PM

Interesting, they told me at the AT&T store that the Pantech Renue was not a smartphone because of it's limited capabilities for internet, applications, and processing. Seems I moved into the future of smartphones without ever knowing it.
Old November 12th, 2017, 05:01 AM
car nut farmer

Originally Posted by tru-blue 442
The wife's old Galaxy 5 is still waiting on me, it doesn't even have a cracked screen. It does have a $40 screen protector & rubber cover and loaded with apps. Just needs to be activated.

I remember when she got me a pager that sat in my desk drawer for years too.
Iv'e been flippi'n for about 5 yrs now. Calls in, calls out, works for me.

I know, I know. But I see all these zombies at every turn and NO. The GPS is about the only thing and maybe the photo albums and yada yada yada.

Maybe one day, maybe not. Have fun on your trip Eric. Looking forward to updates on how the smart works out for ya.

https://listverse.com/2017/02/20/10-...zombie-plague/

************DADDY'S HOME!*************

Here's another one I thought was interesting also.

https://youtu.be/l3wjcwTcfT4

THIS!!!

I have a "smart" phone as an aid with my business. I see people around me paying homage to the tech giants and can only think GIGO.

Last edited by 71rocket; November 12th, 2017 at 05:23 AM.
Old November 12th, 2017, 06:10 AM
Bfg

They have the technology to implant a chip into your brain to have access to all computer needs. It is quite expensive now, I will wait till the price comes down to have mine done. We will look back and see how silly we looked for looking at our phones constantly.
Old November 12th, 2017, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Bfg
They have the technology to implant a chip into your brain to have access to all computer needs. It is quite expensive now, I will wait till the price comes down to have mine done. We will look back and see how silly we looked for looking at our phones constantly.
Don't think I want brain surgery on every up date I need..... Tedd
Old November 12th, 2017, 09:04 AM
Bfg

It will be just as easy as going to a drive thru.

Quick Reply: Who still uses an older flip phone?