The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Where did it go???

Search this Thread

Old December 20th, 2020, 09:00 AM

Where did it go???

Working in a gun shop little parts have a habit of disappearing from time to time, you know gremlins and such. They usually show up about the time you buy a new part to replace it. Well somewhere a I've lost one of my mud and snow tires and wheels for my Miata. One was just where I remember leaving them last fall the other I have no idea where it went. Maybe took a vacation with someone, but who would take only one wheel and tire especially for a Miata. I mean really here especially where I live in the Boondocks close to Deliverance and all. I keep thinking the damn thing will show up under something I have moved then forgot, that happens a lot these day but it's much easier to blame it on the gremlins than my aging memory..

There will be a update when I find it or buy a new one..... Tedd

Old December 20th, 2020, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Play toy for your bear
Old December 20th, 2020, 10:03 AM
Olds Fever

I would look in places where it was not likely that I would have put it there...Sometimes the issue may be a prior senior moment and not the current one...LOL
Old December 20th, 2020, 11:39 AM
Oldsdruid

I did fine till my Pontiac bud helped me straighten up the garage. After that I couldn't find a damn thing...🙄
Old December 20th, 2020, 05:15 PM

Don't feel bad Ted, I got up this morning and was on my way to the garage to get a box opener, I opened up the door from the laundry room
to the garage and then stood there for a moment trying to remember what I was going out there for !! I would think this was the onset of something serious except I have had a tendency to do that occasionally for many years, ( have never lost a wheel and tire, damn gremlins)
Old December 20th, 2020, 08:23 PM
CH3NO2 LEARN IT BURN IT

Where'd it go....you put it in a spot that at the time you thought was a better spot than the usual spot.

I call these new spots "Special Steve Spots never to be seen again. Or as my son says, dad did you triple S it? In your case special Tedd spots, STS.

Gets worse with age....wait what sight am I on...

I like the bear theory too. Remember all their toys were recently torched.
Old December 20th, 2020, 09:06 PM

Working on removing the valve springs on a Olds head. One of the valve locks flew into air. Me and my two buddies, look on the bench, inside boxes, containers and the floor. We looked everywhere, with no luck.

Looking at each other, like where could it go. Not until hours later, I found it in my shirt pocket! Now if something small missing, its the first place I look.
Old December 21st, 2020, 03:05 AM
Frank Ignachuck

Originally Posted by droldsmorland
Where'd it go....you put it in a spot that at the time you thought was a better spot than the usual spot.

I call these new spots "Special Steve Spots never to be seen again. Or as my son says, dad did you triple S it? In your case special Tedd spots, STS.

Gets worse with age....wait what sight am I on...

I like the bear theory too. Remember all their toys were recently torched.

Old December 21st, 2020, 07:41 AM
Oldsdruid

Not until hours later, I found it in my shirt pocket! Now if something small missing, its the first place I look.
Reminded me of a time years ago when a bunch of us went to a Japanese steakhouse after our monthly Olds Club meeting. The Japanese table chef was putting on the knife and fire show and those knives were in a blur he was working them so fast. Food was literally flying in the air.

A jumbo shrimp came off the grill and flew right into the Chapter president's shirt pocket. He didn't know quite what to think. Chef says "Meant to do that. Part of show!"🔪🍤🍹
Old December 21st, 2020, 11:27 AM

Snow tires on a Miata funny.... look in the trunk
Old December 21st, 2020, 06:48 PM

I not sure snow tires help anything but for some reason it makes me feel a little more secure when I'm trying to get home with a inch and a half of snow on the ground. And I know it isn't in the trunk because my coat is in there, no room for anything else..... Tedd

Last edited by Tedd Thompson; December 21st, 2020 at 06:51 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2021, 01:21 PM

Well I found it, mystery solved.

Seems that that sometime late this summer I hired a gentleman (English is not his first language) to do some chores around the house, splitting wool, raking leaves and moving household stuff out of the upcoming rain that was out side in the weather. I inherited this stuff from my sister in law when she moved in(long story but not now). Some how he managed to get one of my M/S tire mixed in with sister in laws junk and berried it in the basement. The basement is my staging area to get something old and dusty enough that I don't feel bad when I throw it away. But anyway I found it today just about enough time to get them mounted before it snows. Mystery solved before I bought a tire and new wheel, almost a first for me..... Tedd
Old January 3rd, 2021, 01:52 PM

I have abandoned a time consuming pasttime that gives me nothing recently and I really need to clean the house up. Maybe sorting things will help me find them in the future. I have yet to lose a tire.
Old January 3rd, 2021, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
Play toy for your bear
X2

Old January 3rd, 2021, 02:27 PM

Living in a motorhome one would think it's impossible to lose anything, not true. Best way to find a missing item buy a replacement
Old January 3rd, 2021, 08:55 PM
CH3NO2 LEARN IT BURN IT

Or toss it and need it the very next day! ;^(
Old January 4th, 2021, 01:39 PM

Belated Christmas gift. I lost a fuel filter assembly with bracket in my basement that I was going to put on my pick-up, for a few years. Found it looking for something else.