The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

What is the fastest speed you have been caught at and got a warning only

Search this Thread

Old October 4th, 2013, 06:52 PM

What is the fastest speed you have been caught at and got a warning only

Pops and I were just leaving Wendover NV.and entering Utah at 5:30 AM dark city time and as he( dad) accelerated from the off ramp to merge with traffic( there was none) he inadvertently broke the sound barrier and woke a Utah HP sleeping behind the first overpass in Utah.I saw the flash of the reflective sign on his door as we passed and warned the Old Man but to no avail We (he) was captured. Clocked at a meir 94 mph

After a little discussion (about 20 minutes) from Barney Fife about the speed and why we had more firearms in the car than Bonny and Clide he noted dads age(87) and said he was only going to give him a warning and to keep it down a little and have a nice day ....Phew

Have you ever been given a free pass at 94 mph or should I say what is the highest speed you have been excused from.

PS. I wanted to take a picture of the wild light show that was revolving around the cab of our truck to post here but thought I better not press my luck. Keep on trucking.....Tedd
Old October 4th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Old School Olds

Good story and nice escape!
I was on my way to Arkansas
to see my dad last year, and told
the hiway patrolman that.
Slow it down sir, 91 in a 70 is a no-no...

YES SIR! That lasted almost another 150 mi. too.
Old October 4th, 2013, 07:08 PM

It happened just a few weeks ago. I was written a warning for 85 in 70 zone.
However I was really surprised a couple of years ago when I was written a ticket (not arrested) for 116 in a 65. I was in a safe vehicle driving on a safe divided highway, but I was surprised to only receive a ticket that didn't even require me to appear. - Steven
Old October 4th, 2013, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by tru-blue 442
Good story and nice escape!
I was on my way to Arkansas
to see my dad last year, and told
the hiway patrolman that.
Slow it down sir, 91 in a 70 is a no-no...

YES SIR! That lasted almost another 150 mi. too.
As ironic as it is, mine was in Arkansas too, and I told the officer I was going to visit my folks in the village and wanted to get there before the gate closed. It was true and he wrote me a warning. - Steven
Old October 4th, 2013, 07:17 PM
GM Enthusiast

When I was about 18, I was driving my Mom's 88 Corvette. They were away on vacation and I had the keys. Needless to say, I wanted to see how fast it was. I was in a non-residential 30mph area and I let 'er rip, only to go past an unmarked police car going about 90. He caught up to me and read me the riot act for about 20 minutes but did not give me a ticket. Thought I was going to get cooked that day.
Old October 4th, 2013, 07:30 PM
car guy

Several years ago I drove to Memphis to look at a 94 TransAm for my wife. Car was on ebay tote the note lot had it. I got there and they tossed me the keys to it. (I didn't even notice there was no tags on the car) Pulled out and trans felt like it was slipping a little. Me my wife and buddie in the car and jumped out on the highway to make sure the trans would hold. I let it rip. I don't know how fast I was going exacty but it was in excess of 130mph for a good 30 seconds. I slow back down to normal speed and a good minute later as far back as I can see I see flashing lights. Still not realizing he was after me. A good 2-3 min later I see him rapidly coming up behind me and thinking oh sheeeeeeet he is coming for me. I pull over and wait and he slides to a stop behind me. I know for sure the money we had for this car is going to have to get me out of jail. He yells though the speaker for me to get out. I don't think I have even seen another human that mad. He spent 5 min yelling and cussing right at my face and finally said GET THE F%^$% OF MY HIGHWAY AND OUT OF MY STATE. I BETTER NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN!!!!

Anytime I go to Memphis I don't speed now
Old October 4th, 2013, 07:42 PM

Even though it is a lower speed, I got away with this huge error. I had a guy pull infront of me so I just went around him. At full throttle, just as a cop pulled out at the next block. I was doing 68 in a 35 no ticket I was 17 years old. In my 67 442 that was a long long time ago
Old October 4th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Justin

I got cought doing 110 in Evanston wy the cop was so mad I thought he was taking me to jail, all he said is that I was lucky he wasn't highway patrol wrote me a ticket cost me 90 bucks no court

Tedd may I ask why you where in Utah or just passing through ?
Old October 5th, 2013, 01:02 AM

146 mph in a 65 mph zone on the highway. Actually I wasn´t caught, I did not know he was after me as I was on my naked bike ( no fairing motorcycle ) That same day I had been lecturing a co worker at work for loosing his license for 3 years!
At the off ramp he caught up on me, I saw the flashing lights and stoped. He was SO mad and shouting at me with spit flying out of his mouth. After 10 min. of verbal asault I could sense that most of his rage was due to the fact he wasn´t able to measure my speed.

So DON´T play with your friends in trafic :-)

Got of with a warning as he could have written me up for hazzard driving.
Old October 5th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Administrator

Summer of 76, middle of the night on RT9 in NJ. Got pulled over by a young cop doing 100+ in my 68 Coronet R/T. He bet me that he would not write me a ticket if we raced to a close by Diner on RT18 and the loser would buy breakfast. I was sitting there with my breakfast ordered a full 3 minutes before he got there.
Old October 5th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Chevy budget Olds powered

I had just gotten my 72 done and my dad had never been for a ride in my car. I had to do a parts run to napa so I asked pops if he wanted to go with. We went and got parts and on the way back on a back road I came to a stop I dropped it into 1st and let the old girl eat. Tires a blazin chirpin gears and the engine roaring I pass 2 no stop intersectons and hit the last stop before our street. Well county mountie was hidden in one of the streets and pulls me over right in front of my parents house. Cop ask's me for my stuff comes back and ask's me do you know how fast you where going I said no speedo is busted. He said I don't know how fast you where going either I could not get my radar gun out fast enough to radar you I heard you and you where gone. He then decides to ask my dad why he let me drive like this. My dad flat out said because he is crazy. I get let off with a warning. I think I was doing 85 in a 25 to be hones was doin about 3k rpm in 3rd at w.o.t . I might add it wasn't a subdivision street just a slow side street leading to our subdivision. I think this was when I was 19 so I think that and having my dad with helped me not get a ticket lol.

Last edited by coppercutlass; October 5th, 2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old October 5th, 2013, 07:47 AM

Went to the coast of Washington for our honeymoon, 30 years ago, in a convertible with the top down. Going up Snoqualmie Pass, there were beautiful mists and clouds, 60+ degrees. Coming down the other side, it suddenly started dumping buckets and sheets of rain. Rain was bouncing as high as the roof of the car, which we didn't have. Nowhere to pull over, it was three or four lanes wide going our direction, no curves, and slowing down would have filled the car and drowned us, so I sped up. At 90, the rain was blowing past us over our heads, as long as we ducked slightly.

That was when the highway patrolman cruised past us, just slightly faster than us. We couldn't see him as more than a silhouette through the rain, but I'm pretty sure he was laughing his *** off...

When we got to the bottom, there was a long rest area or park or something, lined with trees, and we pulled in there without slowing down until we were under cover, then stopped and put the top up. Barely got wet at all.
Old October 5th, 2013, 08:28 AM

In 1973 I had just bought my first cutlass. It was a 1969 350 4 bbl . I only had it about 4 weeks. I had my girl friend and her brother in the car with me. I came up on a 1972 challenger with 340 stickers on the side. Young guy driving the car. I tried 4 times to get him to race, but he would not. Finally , when the light turned green I took off quickly cut him off and hit 75 or better in a 40. That is when 2 red lights came on from the challenger. He pulled me over ,walked up to my car and said"That is a fast car son and what is your hurry:. I replied no hurry sir just showing off. About an hour later sitting in his car talking about tickets drag racing speeding excessive tire noise exaust noise carless driving he left me go with out a ticket. But before he left he gave his business card and said to call him if I ever got in trouble. So then I asked where he was from . He said he was a burgurlary detective. and also said that I would have lost the race. I then thanked the olds god and went home to lick my wounds.

Last edited by bassinguy; October 5th, 2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old October 5th, 2013, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Sircajun
146 mph in a 65 mph zone on the highway. Actually I wasn´t caught, I did not know he was after me .......
Got of with a warning as he could have written me up for hazzard driving.
Ha ! Similar story. Mine was ~ 74 in a 30 mph zone.

Had a year old 1985 Honda Nighthawk S & lived in an apartment (no garage). I was taking it to my mom's house to store it for the winter. It was a beautiful unseasonably warm November day.

With a fresh tank of gas & on a long straight 2 lane street I thought I'd get one last blast in (just to distribute the Stabil!). I took off from a light and banged thru the gears. I flew past an (my old) elementary school climbing thru 90.

I didn't see the deputy napping (or?) next to the school. I apparently startled him. He took off but took a bit to catch me.

I was down on the tank so I couldn't see my mirrors & didn't hear anything except engine/wind prolly cause I was focused on the road.

I had let off & was slowing for the next stop sign & noticed this weird redish flickering on the trees ahead/above me ..so I sat up & checked mirrors only to see him just about to rear-end me.

I pulled over and rolled to a stop with him right behind me. I shut off the bike , stood up, and was about to put the kickstand down. He jumps out his car screaming all kinds of contradictory commands. "Freeze!", "Hand's up!", "Get off the bike!", "Don't move!".

I just froze ..with visons of my pristine bike going away banging against the back of a strap wrecker.

He was standing directly behind me and I couldn't see him well out of my helmet without moving. I motioned at my helmet and he said take it off, so I did & he yelled "Hand up". Then he yelled get off the bike. I told I need to put the kickstand down.

He was really PO'd, but said "OK". So I did & climbed off.....with one hand holding the helmet and the other up.

He screamed at me "Why didn't you pull over with me behind you?" I told him I never knew he was there until I saw the lights in the trees.

At this point he started calming down. He told me he was by the school, and by the time he got going and clocked me , he got 74mph but he knew it was much faster because I was slowing. I told him about the "one last blast" and apologized over & over.

After running my license & plate (both clean!), he came back & told me he had bikes too and understood the 'last blast'. After some lecturing about speed, safety, laws, etc..., he gave me a warning for '45 in a 30'.

Yay!
Old October 5th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Ah hah! Now we know who all the bad boys (willing to divulge that is) are on this site! Wanna bet that there's at least one HP or local police officer out there that looks at these sites and reads this stuff?

Note to self: Do ya feel lucky today??? Today the roads are dangerous enough at regular posted speeds which no one seems to pay attention to anyway. In a way I feel really sorry for the law enforcement officers who put their lives at risk daily dealing with excess speed.
Old October 5th, 2013, 10:33 AM

I was on I-95, just South of Washington DC, returning from Daytona Beach to CT in the winter of 89 in my 85 300ZX. It was about 4 AM and I was pushing 130 mph when I noticed a car a ways behind me coming up on me. I slowed down to 55 right away. The cop pulled up to me fast and drove next to me staring at me for 2 or 3 miles. I slowed down after that but still made the trip in 12 hours.
Old October 5th, 2013, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by oldstata
I got cought doing 110 in Evanston wy the cop was so mad I thought he was taking me to jail, all he said is that I was lucky he wasn't highway patrol wrote me a ticket cost me 90 bucks no court

Tedd may I ask why you where in Utah or just passing through ?
We were headed`for Buffalo Wyoming for a antelope hunt.Great trip but the lopes are still alive.There is a whole other story behind that statement but probably not for a car forum....Tedd
Old October 5th, 2013, 05:43 PM
"me somebody" site member

I've gotten off Scott free for a HELLUVA lot worse than speeding. But for me, the answer is 90 in a 65. PBA cards help, and so does a respectful demeanor. I also recommend owning up to the bad deeds and never making any excuses for them. A cop friend also has advised me to make the officer comfortable, by keeping your hands on the wheel as he approaches, asking permission to retrieve your docs from the glovebox (or having ready done so before his / her approach), turning the dome light on if its dark, taking your sunglasses off if you're wearing them, etc.

I'm happy to report however that I have mellowed a bit in recent years such that I no longer need to rely on such advice. Lost a friend or two over my bad driving habits; sad to say.
Old October 5th, 2013, 06:16 PM

The year was 1979 and we were on the way to an AC/DC concert in Amarillo Tx from Cannon AFB in Clovis NM. I was in the back seat of a buddies new Smokey and the Bandit edition Trans Am with about 2 cases of beer in the middle. We were doing well over 100 in a 55 when we met a Texas COP who did a great spin move turnaround and chased us down. The driver wasn't drinking but the rest of us were. Cop lectured us for 10-15 minutes and told us to slow down for the remainder of the trip. Wrote the driver a warning of 65 in a 55.
Old October 5th, 2013, 06:43 PM

Back in about 1988 I was taking my girl friend at the time back to her house where she lived with her parents. She had to be home by midnight. It was 11:53. I was doing 87 in a 45. The cop asked why and I told him. He went back to his car and at 11:59 he came back to my car, 1987 blue IROC-Z, with a warning and told me I had one minute to get her home and no more speeding. After that we always headed back to her neighborhood a little early so we could "park" for a little while before she had to go in. Her subdivision was being built and there were many streets but houses only up at the front of the development. We always went way, way in the back. One night while we were "parked" another car pulled up and stopped about 75 feet away. I had tinted windows that weren't quite legal, so it was hard to see in my car but it creeped me out having someone possibly trying to watch. I peered out the passenger side window for a few seconds and the driver got out of his car and sat on the hood and fired up what appeared to be a "doobie. I slowly and carefully climbed back over to the, uhh, driver's seat as my gf returned her seat to the upright position. Just as her seat popped all the way up bright spot lights hit the whole cul de sac and the PA screeches "FREEZE". Two cops run over and slam the guy from the hood to the concrete. One of the cops looks up, looks at his wrist watch and hollers over at us, "Isn't it about time to get her home?" I started the car and saw 11:58 on the radio readout. I saw that cop at the gas station a few weeks later and he apparently knew we parked back in that dead end 3 or 4 night a week but never messed with us. He said it was because I didn't try to BS him that first time he pulled me over.
My wife can't believe how many tickets I get out of. I've been stopped twice this year, 63 in a 45 (76 442) and 58 in a 50(98 Chevy Tahoe) and got off with a warning both times. I try not to speed, wait no I don't, I try not to get caught. I speed pretty much all the time, but I don't mess with my phone on the road AT ALL.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
014.jpg (59.2 KB, 15 views)
Old October 5th, 2013, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Sampson
The year was 1979 and we were on the way to an AC/DC concert in Amarillo Tx from Cannon AFB in Clovis NM. I was in the back seat of a buddies new Smokey and the Bandit edition Trans Am with about 2 cases of beer in the middle. We were doing well over 100 in a 55 when we met a Texas COP who did a great spin move turnaround and chased us down. The driver wasn't drinking but the rest of us were. Cop lectured us for 10-15 minutes and told us to slow down for the remainder of the trip. Wrote the driver a warning of 65 in a 55.
You guys were lucky if that was a Texas Department of Public Safety State Trooper they aren't exactly known for being leinient but of course in 1979 it wasn't illegal to have open containers in the car in Texas or even to drink and drive. It was only illegal to drive drunk. I bet that concert was a great time, 79 would have been the "Highway to Hell" tour. (I saw them in Dallas on the same tour) Bon Scott's last tour before he died. Hard to believe AC/DC found a new lead singer and toured the very next year, 1980, "Back in Black". Harder to believe that was 34 years ago.
Old October 5th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Old School Olds

Originally Posted by texxas
You guys were lucky if that was a Texas Department of Public Safety State Trooper they aren't exactly known for being leinient but of course in 1979 it wasn't illegal to have open containers in the car in Texas or even to drink and drive. It was only illegal to drive drunk. I bet that concert was a great time, 79 would have been the "Highway to Hell" tour. (I saw them in Dallas on the same tour) Bon Scott's last tour before he died. Hard to believe AC/DC found a new lead singer and toured the very next year, 1980, "Back in Black". Harder to believe that was 34 years ago.
Small World. I was at the same concert in Amarillo in 79 as Sampson.
I was driving a 74 442 back then. Silver with Maroon stripes and interior.
Old October 5th, 2013, 07:22 PM
XCELERATIONRULES!

I 90,Cleveland city motorcycle cop was passing me on marginal rd..out of HER jurisdiction...lol
I sped up to 120 passing her as she entered the highway.
She followed for a few miles and read me the riot act,at the next exit.
Couldn't do anything...but was pissed she got smoked by a Honda.

Last edited by Nasty455; October 6th, 2013 at 05:07 PM.
Old October 5th, 2013, 07:41 PM

I was driving a 74 442 back then. Silver with Maroon stripes and interior.
I was driving a white 1974 Hurst Olds in 79 and a 1978 Z/28 in 1980 since I had run the H/O into a tree.
Old October 5th, 2013, 07:49 PM

I was going 71 in a 55 when I had our 62 Dynamic 88. He let me off. Worst thing I ever did was to get into a drag race against a cop. I was in a 23 T bucket and him in the cop car. light turned green and I had him for all of first gear. The T bucket was to squirrelly to keep in it after first. When I let off the cop passed me..... I knew the cop
Old October 5th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Old School Olds

I hear ya. The 74 got it's life ended
at about 3 in the morning after dodging
a 63 dart that was dead with no lights
on in the middle of the Canyon expressway.

Swerved to the right, overcorrected, and ended
up slamming the driver side into the gaurdrail.
By the time I had kicked out the windshield to
get out the dart was gone. An old man had to
pull over to help AFTER he had run over my rear
bumper that was laying in the the road.
I think he was in a 77 Electra.
Old October 5th, 2013, 08:04 PM

I hear ya. The 74 got it's life ended
at about 3 in the morning after dodging
a 63 dart that was dead with no lights
on in the middle of the Canyon expressway.
I've got no one to blame for killing my 74 H/O but me. High school kids with a drinking age of 18, quaaludes (remember those?) and beer. Swerved off the road on a residential street doing about 35, slid sideways in the damp grass of someone's front yard and hit the passenger rear quarter against a tree just behind the rear tire. Ripped the bumper loose on that side and the other side of the rear bumper can openered the other rear quarter with a nice hole. The trunk floor was crunched in from both sides. It still ran and drove just fine but my Dad made sure it went away after that episode.
Old October 5th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Old School Olds

Ahhh... The good old days.
Old October 5th, 2013, 08:30 PM

Taking my brother-in-law to Dallas (400 miles) for a heart transplant. Needed to be there within 5 hours. Texas Highway Patrolman pulled me over running against the governor on my GMC (99 mph) just NW of Roscoe. I met him at his door with my DL; he asked if there was an emergency, so I told him the story very quickly and he said he wasn't going to delay me, but try to hold it down a little. He must have radioed ahead, because we weren't stopped again, and the transplant went very well. Maintaining that level of concentration for that long, especially finishing in Downtown Dallas traffic, is pretty draining . . .
dw
Old October 6th, 2013, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by texxas
Yep it was a great show! Bon Scott came out with Angus on his shoulders playing the guitar walking through the crowd. It was in a real small venue. The bands speakers were huge in there. My ears didn't stop ringing for 3-4 days. I thought my hearing was permanently damaged
Old October 6th, 2013, 07:05 AM

How long did it take you to get your hearing back
Old October 6th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Old School Olds

Originally Posted by Sampson
How long did it take you to get your hearing back
I think I did get a little hearing damage
from all those concerts back then!

The loudest I remember was Ted Nugent
and those Damn Yankees opening for
Bad Company. Man, were they loud!
Old October 6th, 2013, 11:59 AM
jfb

96 in a 40 , 11.48 pm on a rural country road 0 people around. I knew the policeman. I was on private probation for speeding purposes and street racing then. I was facing time for it. I outgrew street racing and now do it at the track only. I had a 401 gremlin then for 50 bucks then and beat it like a mule.
Old October 7th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Car Nerd

I always get a ticket you lucky SOBs! I am always respectful, own up to it, etc. I even got a ticket on my birthday once. The "I'm active duty headed up to the next post" didn't even work that day. I think that guy had it in for officers.
Old October 7th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Ben

50ish in a 25

I was 17,it was after highschool in my (just purchased a week earlier) 75 elcamiono. I had my girlfriend up front, and two friends in the back. Came to a stop sign in the residential area behind the school, and my friends egged me on to see how fast it was (wasn't that fast really). I floored it- a cop was standing behind a tree with his radar gun a couple blocks up. I didn't see him, blew right past- but i caught a glipse of "someone" running out behind me waving his arms I glanced back and saw it was a cop and locked up the brakes, car skidded sideways in the middle of the road.

COP ran up to my window and proceeded to scream at me and direct me off the road. I must have been white as a ghost.... Pulled it back over right next to his patrol car... he's still yelling at me. He asks for my license and registration finally- i go to get it out- and hear tires screaching as another guy i knew did the same thing, big smokey burnout at that same stop sign and let er rip (that guys truck was actually pretty fast). He ripped by us doing quite a bit faster than my 50mph... cop handed me back my license and said- its your lucky day kid- that ******** mine- he ran back to his car and chased down the other kid.

It had the appropriate effect- it took a long time before i drove even 5mph over the limit....
Old October 7th, 2013, 04:40 PM

15 years or so ago, I had a girlfriend on the back of my Harley & we were doing about 75 or so in a 55 on a major highway in my city. Cop pulled me over & as he did, I noticed a Harley plate on the front of his patrol car. He didn't even ask for my info, just told me to slow it down as people don't watch out for bikers. I said " Yes sir" & left & kept it closer to 55 till I got where I was going.
Old October 7th, 2013, 05:59 PM

It was 1969 and I had a 65 Cutlass Convertible. It was a week night, and I drove through a hospital zone, speed limit of 25 MPH at 105 MPH. There was a cop I passed that I didn't see. I drove about 3 miles or so through residential streets before I saw flashing red lights. I pulled over, put the window down as the cop stuck his head in and said oh, it's you Vic. I said hi Frank, what's up. He said do you know how fast you were going. I said 30? He said no, in front of the hospital. I said 25? He said I got you on radar at 105. That scared the hell out of me. He lectured me about the danger of driving so fast to me and other people. He finally asked for my licence, registration and insurance and walked back to his car. He came back after a few minutes and said he had to radio in to call off the other cops. He thought I was trying to outrun him, which I could have if I knew he was there. He made me promise to never drive like that in "his city" again and let me off with no ticket. I live in a small city, and three of the cops were related to me. That's likely why I got away with it. I driver much slower now.
Old October 7th, 2013, 07:28 PM

I was a bad kid, so I have quite a few of these stories. Back in late 79 early 1980 I had a 78 Z/28. My buddies had a 74 Camaro and a 73 Chevelle. We used to rat race around the North Dallas neighborhoods near our homes. As we sped down a 3 lane each direction street heading for a turn on to a street to the local hangout park that was one lane each direction, we all passed a Dallas Police Department cruiser. Probably doing between 65-70 mph in a 35, all 3 of us 3 lanes wide trying to get there first. As the cop spun around I reached the left turn to the park, saw his lights flashing and pulled on the dirt shoulder immediately. My buddy in the Camaro pulled over about 150 feet behind me and the Chevelle driver went straight instead of turning, thinking he had avoided the whole mess. The cop pulled behind my car and walked to my window and started yelling about "What the he__ did we think we were doing?" Right about that time Camaro driver takes off. The cop turns to me and says those magic words,"You're free to go!", runs back to his cruiser and lights flashing, sirens blaring takes off down the road. Of course we head to our park hangout destination. When we get there the Chevelle is already parked and the driver is laughing at me. I tell him what happened and that I got no ticket. About 20 or 30 minutes later, the Camaro shows up and he's got 4 tickets. Chevelle driver is laughing at him then. About 5 minutes later, guess who shows up? Yep Officer Pissed Off. He yells at me and Chevelle driver for a good 10 minutes in front of probably 40 other kids that he forbids to leave. Then he writes two tickets to the Chevelle driver and tells me how lucky I am, that my friend of questionable smarts decided to run. Because he had told me I was free to go he said I wouldn't get a ticket, THIS TIME.

Last edited by texxas; October 7th, 2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old October 7th, 2013, 08:56 PM
72Cutlass S

It was around 1987, I had a 68 Chevelle with a really healthy 350. I had just picked up my girlfriend (now my wife) and was getting on the freeway. I opened it up to get around some traffic and was not paying any attention to the speedo. My gf and I were chatting about whatever young people in love chat about when I notice a CHP on a bike is riding right next to me. I looked over at him and smiled like an idiot and then looked down at the speedo, I was doing almost 90 mph. I mouthed the words oh $h_t! and started slowing down. He rode next to me for another 30 seconds glaring at me the whole time while my gf is laughing at me. He didn't pull me over, but he looked like he was thinking about it. Close call!
Old October 16th, 2013, 08:24 AM

not one of my smarter move, but since you were asking. Bunch years back in my younger/stupid days. Me a buddy been drinking a few and needed to get more. So we decide to race to the beer store. Me 90 corvette him in his NSX. Coming back from the store at around 70 MPH I see a perfect chance to pass the NSX on a reasonable deserted 2 lane road. He slows for a stop sign. I say screw it and blast pass him and the stop sign at about 90 MPH, ................ just as a cop is pulling out of a driveway. Now I am on the wrong side of the road so I miss him, I immediately pull over. So does my friend. I see a big ticket and a DUI in my future. No point in trying to out run the cops, I got away with that once so I did push my luck. He's pissed, walks up to me, I start apologizing profusely for almost T bone him and killing us both. He say's ........ "it's your lucky day........ I gotta go!!!" And proceeds to drive away real fast.
Man that was close. That was the last time I drove any car on the streets like a maniac. Was the closest I got to killing myself.
Mike

Quick Reply: What is the fastest speed you have been caught at and got a warning only