The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Watch your water intake!

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2011, 08:39 AM
2 '66 98's

Watch your water intake!

Hey Guys, If you don't want to take a fast ride to the hospital, make sure you drink plenty of water during the warm weather. Ask me how I know. All I was doing was dragging a floor jack across the lawn when I suddenly became dizzy. (more than usual) Fortunately I sat down right away because I blacked out for a short while. A couple of guys spotted me and called 911. The EMT's said my blood pressure had dropped to 50/20. I'm good now. The doctor said it was dehydration and heat exhaustion. DRINK PLENTY OF WATER!. Beer probably helps but is not really good enough.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 09:45 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Great advice and I am glad your okay but beer actually dehydrates you faster, especially in the heat.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 10:04 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Great advice and I am glad your okay but beer actually dehydrates you faster, especially in the heat.
Really?? Even if you keep plenty of it handy and chain drink??? I guess after that you chain sleep and wake up with chain headaches Still, I love my beer. Water? Well ok, beer does have water in it so I guess it's an ok substitute.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 11:27 AM
Cutlass Lover

Glad you're ok!! There's no substitution for water. I've always been a big water drinker. I drink 4 -5 16 oz. bottles of it a day at work, and keep a mug of ice water with me at all times at home. It's good for ya!! At the car shows when it's really hot and humid, I go through quite a few bottles of water!!!!
Old May 23rd, 2011, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Sad but true. I hate water but it's one of those things ya gotta do. It's tastelss, nasty stuff that Fish fornicate in.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 01:16 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Heat? Dehydration?

It hasn't been over about 50° here yet this year, and has rained almost every day since the last day it snowed.

48°, foggy and damp right now.

I'd give anything for a fighting chance at heat stroke this year.

- Eric