The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Unusual Christmas gifts😳

Search this Thread

Old December 25th, 2020, 08:22 PM
Oldsdruid

Unusual Christmas gifts😳

I didn't get anything "unusual", but one of the Georgia cousins' 19 year old son got a set of Great Highland bagpipes! One of our facetimes, we got to hear him play AC⚡DC "It's a Long Way to the Top". Make no mistake, in the right hands bagpipes rock! And Great Highlands are loud as hell and need no amplification!
Old December 25th, 2020, 08:46 PM

I got an unusual gag gift one time. It was a restroom radio. Was a radio with built in toilet tissue roll holder.
Old December 26th, 2020, 03:58 AM
Frank Ignachuck

We have three grown up sons with their own houses and families. Every year I get them an unusual, practical, handy tool/gadget that can make their lives easier. Like a snake light, a ratcheting screwdriver, a torx/hex/bit set (it's actually called a whatchacallit kit), a mini plunger for sinks and tubs (that was a big favorite), oscillating tool kit, Stuff like that. One year I actually got them Milorganite (lawn fertilizer).
Old December 26th, 2020, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by ignachuck
We have three grown up sons with their own houses and families. Every year I get them an unusual, practical, handy tool/gadget that can make their lives easier. Like a snake light, a ratcheting screwdriver, a torx/hex/bit set (it's actually called a whatchacallit kit), a mini plunger for sinks and tubs (that was a big favorite), oscillating tool kit, Stuff like that. One year I actually got them Milorganite (lawn fertilizer).
Actually it's sewage from Milwaukee made into fertilizer
Old December 26th, 2020, 05:41 AM
Frank Ignachuck

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Actually it's sewage from Milwaukee made into fertilizer
Exactly. Rich in nitrogen. It's been the Golf Course Secret Weapon for years. The Mass MWRA has been trying to get into that "business" for years. But they can't make it profitable.

Last edited by ignachuck; December 26th, 2020 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Correction
Old December 26th, 2020, 08:39 AM

I got a new clutch. That definitely qualifies as an "Unusual Christmas gift" as manual transmissions themselves are unusual these days.
Old December 26th, 2020, 08:57 AM

My wife got an unusual present (for a woman) from me. She has taken up woodworking as a hobby in retirement. She already had several common power tools in her shop like a radial arm saw, table saw, band saw, etc., but didn't have a miter saw. I got her a higher end dual bevel model, and when she saw it, it brought tears to her eyes and said she loved it!
Old December 26th, 2020, 02:01 PM

i got bird seed and suet blocks
Old December 27th, 2020, 03:37 PM
72 Olds CS

I got a silky gom boy! Its not what your thinking it is, unless your thinking its a folding saw.

i read about silky saws on another forum so i purchased one. Its great it cuts on the backstroke which reduces blade flex, it has hardened teeth and is super sharp.

i gave it a test today we recently had some weather bend down some smaller trees and now theyre in my way, cutting thru a 1” diameter green birch branch took about 5 strokes and less than ten seconds. I cut down a 25’ birch that was about 4” diameter and sectioned it into 5’ sections in about 10 minutes w very little effort.

in the case its about 10” long. I plan to use it to replace the bow saw i take w me when trail riding.

http://www.silkysaws.com/Silky_Saws/....iPCvSQnc.dpbs

Old January 1st, 2021, 12:33 PM
MOTORHEAD

Lightbulb Idea

I found 2 boxes at the back door. Each has 12 two pound bags of white popcorn kernels SO 48lbs of UN Popped Corn for Christmas and New Year 2021

Eric had idea to stuff a turkey with it. When the birds "*** blew off" it would be done. LoL

Cheers
brian
Old January 1st, 2021, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by 11971four4two
I found 2 boxes at the back door. Each has 12 two pound bags of white popcorn kernels SO 48lbs of UN Popped Corn for Christmas and New Year 2021

Eric had idea to stuff a turkey with it. When the birds "*** blew off" it would be done. LoL

Cheers
brian

Old January 1st, 2021, 08:00 PM

well i gave my oldest brother an unusual gift,well actually i gave him an old present he got before.back in the early 50's my mom and dad gave him a sad face oldsmobile pedal car for christmas.it ended up at my grandma's house and us kids rode that baby hard.well when grandma died and all the kids came to go thru the stuff before the auction my mom grabbed it.we had it in the attic for close to 20 yrs and my brother even asked mom what ever happened to it and she just said she didn't know.well i took it sandblasted it beat all the dents out smoothed it out and shot a base clear on it,got new tires and wheels and decals and gave it back to him for christmas 50 yrs after he got it the first time.brought him to tears.