The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Think you can pass?

Search this Thread

Old October 6th, 2010, 07:44 AM

Think you can pass?

This is a driving test for Alberta. I'm sure it is similar to any North American city test so you shouldn't have a problem. It seems that most can't pass it. 45 correct is a pass. See what you get. I got 49/50.

http://ht.ly/2Pj97
Old October 6th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Cutlass Lover

Ken..... I had a hard time with some of your signs, but I got an 82% on that one. I've never seen some of those signs, so I did a lot of guessing. That's as far as I went!!
Old October 6th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Ken..... I had a hard time with some of your signs, but I got an 82% on that one. I've never seen some of those signs, so I did a lot of guessing. That's as far as I went!!
I failed everything, Redgoat got 100%, he's running around yelling "I rule" and really getting on my nerves.

The stop signs are the same as here Sandra.
The ones with white borders around the edge are optional though.
I don't think they'll let you in Canada after your recent traffic stop criminality though Sandy.

I always wondered why the "Squeeze" left or right instead of merge signs in Canada?
You squeeze rubber duckies.
Old October 6th, 2010, 09:27 AM

I got 48/50 on the signs. Deffinately some odd ones that we don't see in the states. Have to check out the rest of it.
Old October 6th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Cutlass Lover

...I failed everything, Redgoat got 100%, he's running around yelling "I rule" and really getting on my nerves.

You make me laugh!!! I know the stop signs are the same, lol. I have to try the rest of the test when I have time.
Old October 6th, 2010, 11:35 AM

Here are a few more signs that are not on the test...but that doesn't guarantee that you won't see them...

Old October 6th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Cutlass Lover

Cute!! I especially like the last one, lol!!
Old October 6th, 2010, 12:50 PM

WTH is a "Permissive message?"

I missed dat one but got the rest cause I got a tractor
Old October 6th, 2010, 01:31 PM

47 out of 50 7 minutes 13 seconds, you canucks have a few odd signs,eh?
Old October 6th, 2010, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
WTH is a "Permissive message?"

I missed dat one but got the rest cause I got a tractor
A green circle with anything in it is allowed or permissive. If it shows a woman bending over and a guy slapping her butt...it's allowed. If it's a red circle with a line through it, it's prohibitive...not allowed. Most of those with the woman bending have the red circle.

Originally Posted by a64olz
47 out of 50 7 minutes 13 seconds, you canucks have a few odd signs,eh?
Yes we do...you hoser.
Old October 6th, 2010, 03:39 PM

Test & Signs

Great TEST: Alot of signs that don't appear here in Florida.I got 88%
I especially like the "Dog Guardian" sign....Attention dogs Grrr, bark, woof,
good boy.....Thats a hoot....Thanks for sharing that all with US....Fred~
Old October 6th, 2010, 03:53 PM

I got all the sign ones right and all the driving type questions but ones for Alberta I got wrong.

Like leaving the scene on an accdient. That's 6 points in PA, I answered 5 becasue 6 wasn't a choice. It's 7 anyway
Old October 6th, 2010, 03:58 PM

I know one sign I saw in ON driving thru from NYS to MI this past year

EXCEEDING THE SPEED LIMIT BY 50K/MH OR MORE WILL RESULT IN:

$10,000 FINE
IMPOUNDMENT OF VECHILE
90 DAYS IN PRISON

Set cruise control at 62 (100 k/mh) after seeing that
Old October 6th, 2010, 04:35 PM

48/50 some weird sighs you guys have in the far north
Old October 6th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Crazy Canuck

I live in Canada and drive a ton but there were at least 4-5 signs I have never seen in my 25 years of driving!!
Wayne
Old October 6th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by 442much
This is a driving test for Alberta. I'm sure it is similar to any North American city test so you shouldn't have a problem. It seems that most can't pass it. 45 correct is a pass. See what you get. I got 49/50.

http://ht.ly/2Pj97
Where do you get this $hit from Ken? I don't know whether you're bragging or complaining about your score. When I reviewed the test, I found it fairly easy. I'm surprised that most people wouldn't pass it. But then, I'm pretty familiar with driving legislation. I don't know that our American counterparts would have some of our rules, but you're right. A lot of stuff is pretty generic. It was fun. Think I'll pass it along to Graeme to study for when he is going for his license. Thx for the link.
Old October 6th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Ice

45-50 after not missing any in the first 30. I think I was tired of taking the test. That has to explain it. haha
Old October 6th, 2010, 07:55 PM

49/50 I missed the dead end sign, I thought it was a yellow and black chess board! LOL!
Old October 6th, 2010, 08:10 PM

All I know about the Country Canadain highways is the Speed Limit signs are about the size of my iPhone At first I thought they were really tall mile marker signs
Old October 7th, 2010, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Where do you get this $hit from Ken? I don't know whether you're bragging or complaining about your score. When I reviewed the test, I found it fairly easy. I'm surprised that most people wouldn't pass it. But then, I'm pretty familiar with driving legislation. I don't know that our American counterparts would have some of our rules, but you're right. A lot of stuff is pretty generic. It was fun. Think I'll pass it along to Graeme to study for when he is going for his license. Thx for the link.
Alan, I heard on the radio that 90% of Albertans who have their license didn't pass. So, since I didn't learn to drive here, I thought I'd try and see how I would do. The one I missed was the triangle sign with the red border..."Slow Moving Vehicle". I've never seen that sign. Where there are slow moving vehicles there is (usually) a yellow diamond shaped sign that says "Watch for slow moving vehicles".

My son Alexander is in driver training right now (drops the insurance). He should have his license before the month is out.
Old October 7th, 2010, 09:42 AM

Alan, I heard on the radio that 90% of Albertans who have their license didn't pass. So, since I didn't learn to drive here, I thought I'd try and see how I would do. The one I missed was the triangle sign with the red border..."Slow Moving Vehicle". I've never seen that sign. Where there are slow moving vehicles there is (usually) a yellow diamond shaped sign that says "Watch for slow moving vehicles".

My son Alexander is in driver training right now (drops the insurance cost). He should have his license before the month is out.
Old October 7th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by 442much

My son Alexander is in driver training right now (drops the insurance cost). He should have his license before the month is out.
The slow moving vehicle sign? Go check out the roads when farmers are moving equipment from field to field. That's a very common sign on farm husbandry vehicles.

Good to hear Alex is doing the DT courses. LMK how it turns out. I think it would be a real nice treat to let him drive the 442 as a graduation celebration. Graeme is getting a little interested in doing the same sometime later this year. What DT school are you using?
Old October 7th, 2010, 09:17 PM

49 of 50 for me, lots of signs that, I too have never seen. The one I missed, I changed at the last second (#17)...first choice was correct.
Old October 8th, 2010, 06:58 AM

The slow moving vehicle sign? Go check out the roads when farmers are moving equipment from field to field. That's a very common sign on farm husbandry vehicles.

Good to hear Alex is doing the DT courses. LMK how it turns out. I think it would be a real nice treat to let him drive the 442 as a graduation celebration. Graeme is getting a little interested in doing the same sometime later this year. What DT school are you using?
I'm never near the farms or go out that way. Acreages are about as close as I get to a farm. However now I know. Alex is taking the course at Teen Plus in Sherwood Park. 442 for grad? Hahahaha. He'll have his own car for that...an Oldsmobile too.
Old October 8th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Past Administrator

Originally Posted by FATRATMATT
49/50 I missed the dead end sign, I thought it was a yellow and black chess board! LOL!
ditto for me.