The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Streamwood cop beating my brother, verdict tomorrow finally

Search this Thread

Old March 23rd, 2011, 01:32 AM

Streamwood cop beating my brother, verdict tomorrow finally

Finally a full year later almost. After months of continuances, and lies to stall for time.

The cop that beat my brother for no reason is finally facing the 5 felony
charges the state charged him on. Trial took 2 weeks, tomorrow we get
the verdict. Pulled over for "Squeeling tires" allegedly on a turn turned into this.

Same attorney that represented that Chicago Cop Jon Burge recently
has been representing him. Rich Bueke.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/422210...ws-chicago_il/

Video > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81pLXTHRcCQ

Last edited by Aceshigh; March 23rd, 2011 at 01:35 AM.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 02:58 AM
Official Tire Kicker

Good luck with that!
Old March 23rd, 2011, 03:48 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Wow.

The cop must have really, REALLY been in the wrong for it to have gotten this far.
(Maybe caught on his own cruiser-cam?)

You hear about this stuff all the time, but the worst the cop usually gets is some lost vacation time.

Good luck!

- Eric
Old March 23rd, 2011, 03:58 AM
Oldsdruid

Aces, I wish you all luck. You'll need it. I've rarely seen LEO get what they needed in situations like this.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 04:01 AM
STOP call'n it a Chevelle

I hope they nail him to the wall. I have a couple friends who are/were police officers or MP's. This type of abuse makes them sick. Good luck.

Adam
Old March 23rd, 2011, 07:39 AM
bil

Good luck and best wishes for you,your brother,and others involved.It is only by bringing cases like this forward that there is a (small) chance they will be stopped.It is obvious your brother was complying,he had both hands on the ground when the cop hit him. Dirtbags like this have no place in law enforcement,in fact,no place in any position of authority.
Since all charges against your brother were dropped,the cop was in essence beating a totally innocent victim.There are too many instances of cops being prosecuter,judge,jury,and executioner,all at the same time,and getting away with it.Look on the You-tube page for many other instances.
I hope they nail his a$$ to the wall,and sentence him to actual jail time,not some probation deal.And sue the crap out of him,too!! Make him feel as bad as your brother does.
---bil
Old March 23rd, 2011, 07:50 AM

Unfortunate part is that even if the cop gets found guilty he'll probably still walk out of the courtroom pending appeals and all the legalease his lawyer can come up with! I just hope that they have already taken away this guy's gun and badge?!
Old March 23rd, 2011, 08:55 AM
Cutlass Lover

I was just wondering the other day, whatever happened with this. I can't believe it took so long! I truly hope he has to do jail time and can never be on the force again. I hope justice is served for a change.....
Old March 23rd, 2011, 10:31 AM

The police dept had a secret fundraiser for him after they told the Media that they did NOT support the officers actions.
We were quite pissed off after we heard through some friends that know Streamwood LEO's. So we called the press,
and even the media was appalled. Later that week I think the Village had him fired.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...rtment-officer

He was officially fired right after this incident.
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...t-police-union
Old March 23rd, 2011, 12:31 PM

So what did happen ?
Old March 23rd, 2011, 01:12 PM

Guilty.
http://www.suntimes.com/4472050-417/...ar-camera.html
Old March 23rd, 2011, 01:38 PM
bil

Excellant! Keep us updated on the sentence. Check to see if he made anything off the fundraiser,if so,was it reported to IRS? No trick too dirty to use against this guy.Almost 100 grand a year,and this is how he behaves? ---bil
Old March 23rd, 2011, 01:54 PM

WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!

2 Felony convictions. Aggravated Battery and Official Misconduct.
Sentencing on April 25th. Motion to revoke bail denied.

Watch for da really white guy on da camera.
Thanks to all the people who saw this clearly and fairly.
Thanks to all the LEO's that supported my family and I.

One little fact that was never divulged is we have several Chicago police
officers in the family retired. My Uncle was a Commander as well.
I worked for the NSA and NCIS through the US Navy. Secret squirrel stuff.

They tried soooooo hard to paint this as a necessary action.
The most memorable truly PATHETIC attempts to dilute reality were.....

1st - Your honor, he thought it was a Latin King. (White guy in a 3 piece suit = FAIL)
2nd. - Your honor, kneeling down with your hands behind your head is a UFC fighting stance. (FAIL)
3rd. - Your honor, on all fours is a wrestling stance. (FAIL)
4th. Your honor, he reached for his gun (FAIL- No evidence in video)
5th. - Your honor, he came toward the officer which is a threat that justifies deadly force. (FAIL - Use of force continuum)

Really comical at best the crap they tried.
Not to mention the 3 bullsh** charges he originally slapped on my brother.
Fleeing and Eluding, Resisting arrest, DUI, etc. All dropped because the video shows ZERO evidence.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by bil
Check to see if he made anything off the fundraiser,if so,was it reported to IRS? No trick too dirty to use against this guy.
Ewww.....that's good. Never thought of that.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 02:07 PM
bil

And if it works,you get a cut! ---bil
Old March 23rd, 2011, 04:50 PM

Glad he was convicted Aces!!!!!
Old March 23rd, 2011, 10:14 PM
One of None W-31

You should also sue him civily to get $$$$. Have them pay for lawyer's fees, medical costs, etc. Should be easy to do since the burden of proof is lower than a criminal trial.

Last edited by 71 Cutlass; March 24th, 2011 at 09:33 PM.
Old March 24th, 2011, 02:53 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by 71 Cutlass
You should also sue him civily to get $$$$. Have then pay for lawyer's fees, medical costs, etc. Should be easy to do since the burden of proof is lower than a criminal trial.
Yeah. Having won the criminal trial, a civil suit should be fairly easy, and the money will come from the municipality and / or its insurer. It's not like he doesn't deserve the money - this isn't spilled McDonald's coffee. Get a real cockroach of a lawyer and go medieval on them.

- Eric
Old March 24th, 2011, 07:52 AM

We retained the services of the best Civil Rights attorneys in Chicago IMMEDIATELY after the incident.
Loevy and Loevy have the largest case on record in Chicago of all time, plus many many others.
I reviewed their case history on police brutality cases, and it was a no brainer.

1999 a man was beaten into a coma by police who left him at the scene and told his friends
to put him on the couch, that they weren't going to arrest him. They knew he was unresponsive
and tried to escape the liability of their actions. That next day the guys friends realized he never
woke up, and was in a coma. Permanently paralyzed through his ENTIRE body except 1 eyelid.
That's all he can move for the rest of his life. 1 eye lid. $28 million awarded to the paralyzed man.

When you really think about it though.....$28 million is worth NOTHING to a man paralyzed for life.
Sad....really sad.

Here's the press release right after the incident last year when I gave statements to the press with John Loevy our Attorney.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-y8BDE1u94

Last edited by Aceshigh; March 24th, 2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old March 24th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Cutlass Lover

Great!!!! Glad to hear "GUILTY"!! Now I hope they toss him in the pen and throw away the key!
Old March 24th, 2011, 09:11 AM

Here's the case they represented.

http://www.loevy.com/View-Our-Articl...28-Million.pdf
Old March 24th, 2011, 01:34 PM

Congratulatios on the win!!
Usually, it's the 'little guy' who looses, because of the courts favor with the cops, thankfully, it was all on video!
Awhile ago, a Lockport cop killed a guy while he was driving drunk x3 on I-55.
Blew .25!!!!
Because the dead man was of spanish decent, and he was a cop, NOTHING was in the papers, or on the news, of his trial! He was found guilty, and I believe he got 5 yrs. for manslaughter.
Anyone else would've got way more!!
Where's the fair???

Look-up the penalties for what he was convicted, and I'll bet his sentence is on the low side!!
For his 'good years' of public service!
Old March 24th, 2011, 02:31 PM

Congratulations to your Family .....
Old March 24th, 2011, 03:04 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bigdaves442
Glad he was convicted Aces!!!!!
x1,000!!!!!!!!!
Old March 24th, 2011, 03:16 PM

Aces, I remember when you 1st posted this last year. I'd almost forgotten it until the trial came up. CONGRATS to your brother, his friend and all of yours familes! Heard the most he can get is probably 5 in the can. Too bad, as the story said, he was making 10.00 per hour as a renta cop, losing his house, etc. doesn't sound like you'd have much to go after, except maybe his cop pension. Throw him in g.p. and he'll get his deserved dues there.
Old March 24th, 2011, 05:19 PM

So I guess the most important question is - How is your brother doing a year after this assault?
Old March 24th, 2011, 06:35 PM

Leo

As a 30 year LEO, the guy that did this to your brother needs to be given the maximum. As LEOs we should be held to a higher standard of conduct and for the most part are. It makes us true LEOs sick to see a idiot like this tarnish the badge that we hold dear and that so many have died for. You need to sue, and remember there are laws that prevent a criminal from profiting from his offense, and that "fundraiser" may in fact represent profit. I would also like to see all those who gave to this creep "outted" because they cause almost as much shame as the idiot who beat your brother. Please know this is NOT the behavior of a TRUE LEO, and we would NEVER condone such.

Good Luck to you and your brother, and may justice find it's way to you.
Old March 24th, 2011, 06:59 PM

I hope he gets what he deserves in general population!
Old March 24th, 2011, 07:08 PM

Aces.......truly really am very glad you got justice. Now if I understand this was the crimminal trial. I hope you sue and get $M's. This is not a **** nation......and hopefully this will help prevent, perhaps just a few. more injustices as ur brother suffered.
Old March 24th, 2011, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bayou Olds
As a 30 year LEO, the guy that did this to your brother needs to be given the maximum. As LEOs we should be held to a higher standard of conduct and for the most part are.
Thank you buddy.

Not around Chicago buddy.....sadly. I wish it was, because I totally agree with you 1000%.
The movie "Street Kings" with Keanu Reeves?? That actually happened here in Chicago.....makes
you wonder if they based the movie off it. The new Superintendent disbanded the Special Police
task force as a result. http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...-61479302.html

This special task force actually was hiring "Painters" to remove a fellow police officer who was
going to come clean. This is why the Mayor of Chicago put a 22 year FBI agent as the new
Chicago PD SuperIntendent because the citizens here went absolute cookoo when they heard
elite police were kidnapping, robbing, and planning assassinations.

I do agree with you that LEO's know the law better then anyone else, and should be held to the
highest standard when they knowingly break it just like a bank teller would involved in a bank
heist of their own branch. They aren't granted leniency for being a good bank teller for 15 years
.......they are hit the hardest for their knowledge, and doing it anyways. Ever since he's been
put on as an outsider to clean up the Chicago PD , the PD itself and Union has been fighting
annually to remove him.

I would also like to see all those who gave to this creep "outted" because they cause
almost as much shame as the idiot who beat your brother. Please know this is NOT the behavior
of a TRUE LEO, and we would NEVER condone such.
I would as well. If this guy raped
and killed a 10 year old, would they still show up to support him?? That's what keeps going
through my mind. Where is the line when you know he's wrong, that you don't support him as
a public servant still in the publics trust. I told our attorneys this is why people around Chicago
can't trust the police. When they come and still support this guy, it tells me they care more
about their "Brotherhood" then they do serving and protecting the law.

The worst part is the other larger % of good cops look bad because of these morons.

Because they come and blatantly support this guy when it's pretty damn clear what he did
was very wrong. No guessing when you have irrefutable video evidence showing he broke
every procedure and enacted deadly force unjustifiably. I wanted names of officers, but
that gets complicated.

I'm seriously tempted to shift gears and go to Federal Law enforcement to get rid of the Bad cops out there.

Last edited by Aceshigh; March 24th, 2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old March 28th, 2011, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by dingusboy
That's good news. Best wishes for your brother and your entire family and hopefully he will make a full recovery.

I think we know that there is good and bad people everywhere. We cannot paint all LEO's with the same brush. I've had some tickets and minor brushes with the law and sometimes I feel like bashing the whole concept of Law Enforcememnt, and then I think "the only thing standing between me and the criminals out there are the cops". That is but a sad reality here in Canada because we do not have the sme rights to bear arms and defend ourselves that you have in the USA. If there was just one thing I would change in this country, that would be the thing I would change! God help us if we ever had a catastrophic event here in North America that uprooted normal society. Just take a look at what happened in new Orleans and you will see how fragile our society really is! In times of anarchy, only the strong (and armed!) will survive.
Old March 28th, 2011, 08:32 PM

I finally found our press statements post-verdict.
http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...3239914/video/

Thanks to everyone.

Of course not ALL LEO's are bad. We are not anti-police by any means having several in the family.
But the problem we see here is when 20-30 LEO's still came to support this felon in court.
They knowingly should be more concerned with upholding the law, but instead turn a blind
eye to it to support one of their "brothers". This is why people have a problem trusting
them, plus Streamwood has a very recent history of abuse of power.

Recent case heard and jury awarded another Streamwood man falsely charged.
http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...ews/303249754/
The K-9 actually ripped his ******* open......but there was some questionable issues.
So the end result was only $200,000......essentially he didn't have video evidence.

I'm 100% for cleaning up the departments from this brotherhood crap.
This is why we've got some very good friends in the States Attorneys office for professional standards now.

Last edited by Aceshigh; March 28th, 2011 at 08:37 PM.