The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

So what good stuff did Santa bring you?

Search this Thread

Old December 27th, 2010, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Congrats TK!!!! What a great gift!
x10!
Old December 27th, 2010, 07:32 AM

A renwal of my Toronado Owners Assication dues (brother and sister gift),
from my gal pal, a 1:18 scale of a 1957 Olds Super 88 ragtop(white and red color combo), and a a book "Americ Muscle Supercars", it haas a green Yenko Camaro on the front cover.
Old December 27th, 2010, 07:47 AM

A 24" Oldsmobile Service metal sign, a set of factory seat covers with GMC logo for my truck and a bottle of Oban from the trophy wife & a bottle of Speyburn from a friend. It was a good Christmas.
Old December 28th, 2010, 03:18 AM
...should get a life....

Congrats TK-65. Beats the heck outa my MP3 player and Homer Simpson T-Shirt. Mind you, I'm downloading songs like a man possessed
Old December 28th, 2010, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Col Wickham
I'm downloading songs like a man possessed
Just be sure to back up your purchased songs in the event that your i-something software expires on you and renders the player useless.
Been there, done that, used the sledgehammer...
Old December 29th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
Merry Christmas to you, Allan...
I am pretty sure it is an OEM part, I know it was rechromed. Looked pretty darn nice when i saw it. I have the exhaust trumpets already so just need to move the hangers.
My plans for the bumper guard holes is to insert some chromed carriage bolts to cover them up, since i have no bumper guards. I can get some measurements and details though.
I could add the guards later if i can find a good set.

What did Santa bring you??
Thanks Rob,
Want to swap? Mine doesn't have holes and I need to get it pierced to put bumperettes on. I have the bumperettes. Also got new rubber inserts to go with them. I don't know whether the best way to pierce is by drilling or stamping? Anyway when you get a chance with those measurements it will help a lot. I suppose I could make a template with some cardboard, but I want to know just where the holes should line up to look factory.

Santa always brings me the best things: A great family and a good life. Oh yeah, I also got 4 new front teeth (no lie) with a promise of 4 more next year. It's not like I'm saying "you should see the other guy". I just need to get all the dental, plumbing and stuff done before June next year. My last day in the office is Feb 25, and my last vacation day is June 6. After that, it's freedom 55! and more time to work on my car.
Old December 29th, 2010, 06:44 PM

Congrats to TK-65!
Old December 29th, 2010, 07:10 PM

I had this huge box to open and it had an olds decal on it. The mind was racing..it read "FRAGILE" so I knew it was imported from Italy!!!. Well it was a prepaid invoice to have my radio refurbished.... AM with FM and MP3 including new retro front and rear speaker. Now I can cruise with real tunes. Checked with the company doing it. It will have all original parts repaired and rechromed so it will look factory freash. Nice gift!
Old December 30th, 2010, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by navvet
I Well it was a prepaid invoice to have my radio refurbished.... AM with FM and MP3 including new retro front and rear speaker. Now I can cruise with real tunes. Checked with the company doing it. It will have all original parts repaired and rechromed so it will look factory freash. Nice gift!
Sounds like good gift! Let us all know how you like their product and service - others may wish to go that route.

I sure want a new radio for mine next year!!
Old December 30th, 2010, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by navvet
I had this huge box to open and it had an olds decal on it. The mind was racing..it read "FRAGILE" so I knew it was imported from Italy!!!. Well it was a prepaid invoice to have my radio refurbished.... AM with FM and MP3 including new retro front and rear speaker. Now I can cruise with real tunes. Checked with the company doing it. It will have all original parts repaired and rechromed so it will look factory freash. Nice gift!
before and after would be nice too pictures would be ok but a vid would set it off Thanks
Old December 30th, 2010, 06:19 AM

Where did you order cutout bumper. I have to order one in the next week. I have been shecking around..yearone=expensive of all, tamraz=cheapestby far, fusick=about $50 cheaper than yearone, opig=was about $80 cheaper than yearone..cant remeber prices of the top of my head
Old December 30th, 2010, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by nuttkaze
Where did you order cutout bumper. I have to order one in the next week.
I got mine used from 2blu442.
It is not perfect, but worth every bit I paid for it. It is a huge improvement over what I have now (rust pits from salt spray).

As you are choosing a place to order from, call them and see what the shipping would be. Mine shipped for an honest 63 bucks (40lbs) by fedex ground.
Some places may try to say they are triple-oversized and shipping would be over 150!