The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Sending Parts from Germany to USA for Clients, is there any need for?

Search this Thread

Old June 15th, 2017, 01:29 PM

Sending Parts from Germany to USA for Clients, is there any need for?

Hi,

I am located in Germany and recently bought a Chair in the USA.
The Problem was that the Manufacturer did not send it to Germany so i had to find someone in the USA where i could send the Chair to and this Guy then send it to me/Germany.

Also a few Days Ago i read that Parts for old BMW Cars in USA are difficult to get and so i got the idea to offer people buying things in Germany and send them to me and i could send them to the USA afterwards and earn also a bit by the way.
Not limited to BMW Parts thats only an example.

Just wanted to ask if there is any interest in a Service like this.
Would be cool to get your opinions.
Sure i can not recieve and send anything (Large Furniture etc. for example would not be possible) but a lot for sure.
Old June 16th, 2017, 05:36 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

There is a lady in Germany, whose handle is "AngelicMissKitty," who buys E36 Compacts, strips them, and sells parts over here. I think she does pretty well doing it. The cars she buys there look new, or at least close to new, and would sell for good money here, but apparently they have no value there because your government forces you to re-fit them as you would an airplane after a certain age.

Parts that sell best appear to be European-only parts, such as glass Hella and Bosch headlights, and colorful interior parts.

The trick would be that you need to find one or more BMW (or other make) internet forum where the members have both an interest in the parts, and money to spend on them. Selling BMW parts on ClassicOlds wouldn't help you very much.

- Eric
Old June 16th, 2017, 11:00 AM

The Idea is to forward Packages not to sell parts. (Not Limited to BMW Parts)
Clients can buy Stuff in DE and Ship it to my Adress - directly from the Store -, then I ship to the USA.

There is such a Service for USA -> DE i used recently so maybe there are also People needing DE -> USA i think.

Sure i could also sell Parts but thats a little different from what i originally planed.

Last edited by Michael_; June 16th, 2017 at 01:10 PM.
Old June 19th, 2017, 03:03 PM

I guess you could do it but how would you advertise to let people know of your services? In order to turn a profit and not end up costing you money, lost time or both you would need a constant flow of clientele. How often would someone need your services and what about repeat customers? My guess is you're not thinking about getting rich off this idea but you have to be realistic. What is your time worth, what is the cost of fuel, ect. Not trying to discourage you, just give you a broader picture.
Old June 21st, 2017, 10:35 AM

I definitly do not think of getting rich with this idea.
Basically the Idea came up when i needed the same thing for USA -> DE.

I guess i will post this Service in serveral Forums and classified Markets and see if there is somebody interested, when i did this a few times i may code a Website and use google/social Advertising but not at first.

I have very low time and cost doing this as the next Shipping Provider is max. 5 min away and many come and pick stuff up directly at your door.
If there should be low interest i did not spend much time and money.