The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The Prettiest One had a Merry Christmas!!

Search this Thread

Old December 28th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Cutlass Lover

The Prettiest One had a Merry Christmas!!

Okay... I think I have all the pics downloaded and ready to share!!! It's quiet and boring at work today, so I have time to post them.

Christmas Eve at Jean's house.... from my nephew David, a strangely wrapped present!

christmas2009jeansandhome005.jpg

Turned out to be a beautiful trunk divider!!!

fromnicole005.jpg

The insulation to go with it from my neice Diane!!

christmas2009jeansandhome015.jpg

A hug for David!!

christmas2009jeansandhome007.jpg

The 2 piece Trunk Mat set from Jean!!!

christmas2009jeansandhome026.jpg

Now on to Christmas day....

Wow! This was a complete surprise!!

christmas2009jeansandhome033.jpg

New center caps!!

centercaps007.jpg

Opening the big box!!

mybirthdayandchristmas2009035.jpg

I was hoping this was what was in there!!!

mybirthdayandchristmas2009040.jpg

She just had a wonderful Christmas!!!
Old December 28th, 2009, 08:21 AM
GM Enthusiast

Boy, Santa did great by you Sandy. I would say you must have been a really good girl this year to get all that good stuff.
Old December 28th, 2009, 08:56 AM

and more

I am going to put that rubber trunk mat and two bumpers on my list for next Christmas.
(doubt I would get them though...)

Last edited by Lady72nRob71; December 28th, 2009 at 08:58 AM.
Old December 28th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Registered

Wow! Sandy. mmm...mmm...mmm

Detailed Christmas list with specifications I take it??

Is that 'gator claus on your sweater?, I like it whatever it is, that bar lizard dude???

You know that you aren't even the height of a bumper?

I don't know how good you were but...

I knew what was in that big box, at least I had a good guess.
Looks like you have your work cut out for you, dig a path to the barn.

Do you think you can handle installing the trunk mat by yourself?
I know you can open the trunk because you did it at the show.

You got the new weights so you should get strong like bull and be able to ****** and jerk that spare right out of there with one arm.

The trunk mat is nice, I saw a lot of the cars in the pics from the Alliance show had those.
I need one for my goat, so it says Oldsmobile, same difference.

So did you give Nicole her own set of keys on a special engraved key ring for The Prettiest One??
I saw her at the mall and told her you were?.... I wish.

Actually I told her a puppy and a kitten.

We gave our oldest daughter a Dell Nick netbook since we only have the one PC at home now and she's always online and cramping my style.
The other ones were just black and this one has slime oozing down it, a slimy desktop, Spongebob and Nick games and other cool stuff.
Hey, I want to use it sometimes too.
Old December 28th, 2009, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Bluevista

You got the new weights so you should get strong like bull and be able to ****** and jerk that spare right out of there with one arm.
The hardest part will be cutting the little hole in that $100 mat for the spare retaining bolt to stick through...
Old December 28th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Cutlass Lover

Wow! Sandy. mmm...mmm...mmm

Detailed Christmas list with specifications I take it??

Is that 'gator claus on your sweater?, I like it whatever it is, that bar lizard dude???

I don't know how good you were but...

I knew what was in that big box, at least I had a good guess.
Looks like you have your work cut out for you, dig a path to the barn.

The trunk mat is nice, I saw a lot of the cars in the pics from the Alliance show had those.
I need one for my goat, so it says Oldsmobile, same difference.

So did you give Nicole her own set of keys on a special engraved key ring for The Prettiest One??
I saw her at the mall and told her you were?.... I wish.

Actually I told her a puppy and a kitten.

We gave our oldest daughter a Dell Nick netbook since we only have the one PC at home now and she's always online and cramping my style.
The other ones were just black and this one has slime oozing down it, a slimy desktop, Spongebob and Nick games and other cool stuff.
Hey, I want to use it sometimes too.

Aren't they just lovely gifts!!! I'm sooooo happy!!!

I'm not short... I'm fun size!!!

That bumper is tall!!! Chrome... shiney... LOL!! You like my shirt?? Yep it's from the Winking Lizard!! Larry bought it for me a couple years ago. I used to hang there a lot when it was in Twinsburg. We'd all go after work. They moved it to Macedonia about 5 years ago. It's always so noisy and loud anymore... I still have the T-shirt I bought there back in 1992.. it's my favorite-ist T-shirt.

I figured all you guys would know what was in that box! It's kinda like a guy thing! LOL!! I thought maybe it was a hood liner! I gotta get that before spring.

Yes, I can open the trunk! I can even lay the mat down, I'm sure!!! I've never had the spare tire out of the trunk!! It's probably flat! LOL!! I'm not going to attempt to put the divider thingy in cause it has all sorts of "cut out" spaces in it, and I don't know why I need to cut anything? I don't have speakers or anything back there. I have all her gifts laying in the trunk now... my lawn chair is still in there too! LOL!

I'm too skeret to attempt to put anything on the car, so I will have to pay Don Sitts to do that!! I have tools and the ability, but I'm afraid I would mess something up! Davey might help me with some of it, if he ever has time. He's always working on Jean's car or someone's car. Always. Poor guy. He doesn't have a decent garage or anything. We used to work on a lot of stuff together back in our younger days. He works outside a lot. When I win the lottery, the first thing I get for anyone will be a garage for Davey! I feel so bad for him working in this weather.

So... I wondered why Nicole asked me where her set of keys was??? I said, What keys??? What are you doin, lyin to my child??? No puppy or kitten either... poor deprived kid! She did like her new Cannon camera, and her Itouch I pod!

She would like one of those netbooks. She keeps telling me that when she leaves home she's taking my home computer with her! I probably will let her take it, I never use it anyhow since I have the laptop.

So share already.... what car stuff did you get from Santa???
Old December 28th, 2009, 09:54 AM
GM Enthusiast

I was thinking that too but I thought I would leave it up to you to make a comment like that!
Old December 28th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Cutlass Lover

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
The hardest part will be cutting the little hole in that $100 mat for the spare retaining bolt to stick through...

I'm not even going to attempt that!!! I remember the OLFA knife Allan R was talking about. I looked up that thread the other night! I would hate to mess up that expensive mat!

By the way, you're not looking for a trunk divider are ya?? They sent my sister the wrong one first... it's for a convertible.

I also got an extra 2 pc. trunk mat set if anyone is interested! Sometimes the Santa's need to communicate a little better! LOL!
Old December 28th, 2009, 10:24 AM

Girls got it made, all you have to do is sit on Santa's lap and wink those eyes and smile. Us guys have to actually be good. How fair is that! And yes I am envious. I got two pair of jeans and two shirts. No car stuff at all.
Old December 28th, 2009, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
By the way, you're not looking for a trunk divider are ya?? They sent my sister the wrong one first... it's for a convertible.
Nope - already installed one last year, two will not be better.
BTW, you have to take the back seat out to install it. Board is on the seat side and insulation on the trunk side. Most of the cutout things will not need to be removed.

Perhaps Ol' Blue can make yours into a convertible when he paints your engine?? Then it should fit...

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
I thought maybe it was a hood liner! I gotta get that before spring.
You will be surprised if you get the standard repro hood liner. It comes folded up in package the size of a hat box. You cut the bag, stand back, and POP! It unfolds by itself with no wrinkles. Now if only they made clothes that would be that wrinkle free for traveling...

Last edited by Lady72nRob71; December 28th, 2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old December 28th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Registered

Don Sitts send you a Christmas card Sandy??

I didn't get any car stuff, I'm not pushing my luck with the car finally going to the painter and a kid in college.
Redgoat got a lump of coal, that's what he wanted?

The back seat has to come out, what a major project.
Mightaswell do the package shelf then too, I have no idea how you replace those either.
Larry won't take the back seat out??
Equate it to how many cases of beer or Girl Scout cookies somebody would charge to do it.
It can be a little tricky, the bottom cushion hook is an up, forward, down and back and up move IIRC.
I forget and it takes me awhile to figure it out every time, like most things.
I hope you take lots of pics of your engine before I get my hands on it.
If a bolt breaks trying to take off a bracket is my nightmare, or it won't start when I get done.
Maybe I'll just paint around everything, it should all be painted anyway I think?
The belts, hoses and wires were orange from the factory, directional reservoir was too? Your car has four-ways so it may be a dual type and plated.

Could you go out and shoot some PB Blaster on all the bolts every day until spring?
I love Cleveland made (like myself) PB Blaster, it has a wonderful aroma, the smell of it, aaahhh.
Eau de Quik Detaileur is also very nice, attracts bees too.

I need somebody from here to help me out and share the blame if anything happens ...any volunteers??
You can stay at Sandy's house and sleep on the couch, campers can park or pitch tents on her lawn if she gets rid of all the deer.
Big party too, for some reason I can't get her to give me her address though??

Hey.....
Jamesbo sent a test Ultimate Cloth to you didn't he Sandy??
Boo-wah ha ha ha!

You could do that mat and divider Sandy, hood insulation after it's painted or it will be as orange as the engine.
Just think of the little engine that could.
I know I can... I know I can...take it to Don Sitts or get Redgoat do it.

Don don't do engines or he knows better???

Talk about somebody that's skeer'd.
Old December 28th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Cutlass Lover

Don Sitts send you a Christmas card Sandy??

I didn't get any car stuff, I'm not pushing my luck with the car finally going to the painter and a kid in college.
Redgoat got a lump of coal, that's what he wanted?

The back seat has to come out, what a major project.
Mightaswell do the package shelf then too, I have no idea how you replace those either.
Larry won't take the back seat out??
Equate it to how many cases of beer or Girl Scout cookies somebody would charge to do it.
It can be a little tricky, the bottom cushion hook is an up, forward, down and back and up move IIRC.
I forget and it takes me awhile to figure it out every time, like most things.
I hope you take lots of pics of your engine before I get my hands on it.
If a bolt breaks trying to take off a bracket is my nightmare, or it won't start when I get done.
Maybe I'll just paint around everything, it should all be painted anyway I think?
The belts, hoses and wires were orange from the factory, directional reservoir was too? Your car has four-ways so it may be a dual type and plated.

Could you go out and shoot some PB Blaster on all the bolts every day until spring?
I love Cleveland made (like myself) PB Blaster, it has a wonderful aroma, the smell of it, aaahhh.
Eau de Quik Detaileur is also very nice, attracts bees too.

I need somebody from here to help me out and share the blame if anything happens ...any volunteers??
You can stay at Sandy's house and sleep on the couch, campers can park or pitch tents on her lawn if she gets rid of all the deer.
Big party too, for some reason I can't get her to give me her address though??

Hey.....
Jamesbo sent a test Ultimate Cloth to you didn't he Sandy??
Boo-wah ha ha ha!

You could do that mat and divider Sandy, hood insulation after it's painted or it will be as orange as the engine.
Just think of the little engine that could.
I know I can... I know I can...take it to Don Sitts or get Redgoat do it.

Don don't do engines or he knows better???

Talk about somebody that's skeer'd.

Ya know you lost me on half that stuff you were talkin about, don't ya?? LOL! What is PB Blaster and what bolts do you want me to spray it on??? Is it like WD40? I like the smell of detailer!!!

I would love to have a package shelf too. Her's has some peeling going on. That's on my list!! I'm not attempting to take out the backseat, though. And, no I won't ask Mr. Impatient to take it out either! He probably would, but I'm not asking! I've learned real good over the years! LOL!!

Now read my lips..... NO ORANGE PAINT!!!! I don't know what part of that you're not understanding!!! Olds Gold!!!! You are funny!! You're not going to break anything. You'll probably be gentler than I would be!! You're smart about these things... it will be fine!

I never asked Don about painting the engine... I would rather have someone who knows what they're doin, and that would be you! Your engine is beautiful!!! And, nope he didn't send me a Christmas card. Defer did though! Don can handle the bumper and lights!

Any of my guys out there are more than welcome to show up and help out! Citcapp can fire up the RV and stop and pick them up along the way!! No bears or gorillas allowed! The cat would freak out!!

God it's a long boring day. Seems like I've been at work for 12 hours already. Brian is over here sleeping! It's still snowing too. I am not looking forward to going out and cleaning off my car. I hate winter.

Ok - had to vent! Any time you want my address, all ya gotta do is ask, ya know!!! Jamesbo is sworn to secrecy! He's not bribable, either!
Old December 28th, 2009, 02:31 PM

Geeze Louise

What a haul.

I hate to think. Naw better not go there.

Be sure just to turn the truck mat over. The cut lines are clearly marked.

Carnac the magnificent sees a trophy in your future.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
carnac.jpg (2.1 KB, 57 views)
Old December 28th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Registered

Please don't do anything Sandy, I'm keeding, this is one of those too many cooks spoil the broth deals.

I'll be gentle but if you hear cursing and a BFH being used just better to stay away.

Is that showboard going to say engine deatiling by Redgoatt Inc.?

My buddy that had a club in the 60's and still has his goat has the club name on the trunk lid done by a sign painter back then, it's too cool.

I was invited to join the new version but I can't think of a name for my car. He was/is Red Baron, there was Blue Max, all had colors.... Hey!.....Redgoat!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
MVC-240F.JPG (51.9 KB, 4 views)
Old December 28th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Cutlass Lover

I'm not touching anything, believe me!!! I'm going to look at all her new stuff and wish I was a smart guy! No girls allowed in your garage... and No big F'n hammers either!!! LOL Cursing is okay!

Of course I'll be proud to put REDGOAT'S name on my showboard... whenever I get one! That's on the list too!!! I like that trunk lid! That is neat!!! No, you can't put anything on her trunk lid... it would clash with her chebby stripes! LOL!!! You'll have to be content with teeny tiny letters on her valve covers in day-glo green!
Old December 28th, 2009, 06:18 PM
71 & 72,now I want a 68

Quite a haul! that bumper looks fantastic!