The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Passenger aluminium Alternator Brackets

Search this Thread

Old February 27th, 2019, 09:20 PM
Hookers under Hood

Passenger aluminium Alternator Brackets

I'm planning on CNC'ing some Aluminium alternator brackets for my non A/C Olds engines ( Passenger side brackets) I can plan to do a run of them if anyone is interested. I'm not out to make money on them, in addition, shipping will be the actual costs. So no inflated prices across the board.
CVF is asking $112.00 for them, I will get the cost as low as possible depending on how many guys will be interested in them.
I'm also considering making up some aluminium Oil fill tubes with threaded or push on caps whichever most would prefer. (I don't know of any manufacture or price on the oil fill tubes, however mine will come in under any other costs I'm sure)
Let me know if anyone is interested, I will plan on a run of parts towards the end of April for those who want to have either or both made, that will give everyone time to decide. A price will be give the week prior to the end of April. At that time, If everyone is happy with the price, I will order the material, make them up to ship 1st week of May.
The more members that would like them, the better the price will be.

Cheers
Eric
Old March 1st, 2019, 01:08 PM

Eric,
Did you by chance ask about making the lower fender braces for 68-72 A body fenders? Someone asked if there was interest and I'm wondering if they ever started production.
Old March 1st, 2019, 02:04 PM
Hookers under Hood

Originally Posted by zeeke
Eric,
Did you by chance ask about making the lower fender braces for 68-72 A body fenders? Someone asked if there was interest and I'm wondering if they ever started production.
I don't make any lower fender braces, I'm not sure, however, I think they are stamped and pierced . If I had some dimensions or a picture to look at for the 68-72 years I could make a small hand transfer die to produce them. I have a few older small dies sets along with older punches and pierce bushings that I could refurbish to add an upper and lower form to then pierce . Again depending on numbers, it may not be cost effective for both parties.
If they can be made from aluminium rather than steel, then that wouldn't require much tonnage to form and pierce, cold get away with soft forms etc.
If anyone can shoot me an image or dimensions I will look at it and take it into consideration.

Old March 8th, 2019, 10:13 AM
Hookers under Hood

I came up with some numbers. If anyone would like alternator brackets they will start @ $65.00 for both BBO and SBO plus actual shipping. Oil fill tube start @ $55.00 for a run of under 20 sets.
Again,,
I will plan on a run of parts towards the end of April for those who want to have either or both made, that will give everyone time to decide. If we get 20+ interested, a lowered price will be given to all, the week prior to the end of April.
At that time, I will order the material, make them up to ship 1st week of May.

I'm also considering a 3 groove and 2 groove " V" belt pulley set . I will update once I get them drawn up with estimated material/machining time.
No deposit required. However,
These parts are "Oldsmobile only" and for members only please.

Cheers
Eric
Old March 8th, 2019, 09:44 PM

Hello Eric,

Will this alternator mount setup include everything similar to the CVF kit?

I am very interested in a BBO application.

Thanks!
Old March 9th, 2019, 04:37 PM
Hookers under Hood

Originally Posted by Battenrunner
Hello Eric,

Will this alternator mount setup include everything similar to the CVF kit?

I am very interested in a BBO application.

Thanks!
Yes, everything will be included as seen in the CVF kit . Ready to mount with Stainless Steel socket head cap screws.

Old March 9th, 2019, 04:51 PM

Definitely count me in for a set!

do you need money upfront now?
Old March 10th, 2019, 12:18 PM
Hookers under Hood

Originally Posted by Battenrunner
Definitely count me in for a set!

do you need money upfront now?
I will put you down for a set. Its all good, no money needed up front. I hope we get enough members wanting brackets and filler pipes to get the price down a bit more.
Will waiting until the first week in may be OK for completion and shipping?

Eric
Old March 10th, 2019, 12:35 PM

Great!

Yes, May will be fine.

Thanks again!
Old May 16th, 2019, 05:27 PM
Hookers under Hood

Hey guys,

I have been a little under the weather for the past several weeks. Seems my constant fatigue, falling asleep often/not feeling the greatest needed some attention... Doc says I needed to be checked out haha.
Well...., Two of the tests really sucked I can tell you that. My wife said I came out white as a ghost . Brutal to say the least. Anyway, I have a final one set for May 21st.
Waiting on what the deal is with the biopsy, hopefully by the end of next week.
Now for the brackets, I have the material in house so I just need to get the brackets to the machine.
Hopefully this will happen within the next week or so.
I will shoot some PM's out at that time.

Cheer's guys!
Eric