The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Classic car place in Illinois

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2019, 08:37 AM
Always room for one more

Classic car place in Illinois

Hi everyone.

Has anyone ever bought a car from Country Classic Cars in Staunton, Illinois? Yes they were the ones that had the devastating fire last year. I guess all is well with them now.

There's a car I've been looking at but the price seems to be twice what it should be. Is this to keep the riff raff from calling but the serious people can dicker? Years ago I was looking for a Lincoln, and this place in Florida was the same way. Once in a while I'd inquire about a car and they'd say, that car is sold, it sold for X. And it would be for about half what their asking price was. Odd. Just wondered of CCC in Staunton was the same way. I guess I'll have to fly up and have a look for myself.

How are they to deal with? Are they the pleasant type, easy to talk to, or in your face take it or leave it? I know they've been around for years but strangely I've not heard a lot about them.

Thanks everyone.
Old May 20th, 2019, 04:17 PM

I live pretty close to them and have been in there several times over the last several years. I have never bought anything from them, but they have always seemed like nice folks. They definitely have a wide spectrum of vehicles in there and navigating through some of the buildings can be a maze because of the quantity of them they have packed in there.
Old May 20th, 2019, 05:42 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - They suffered more than a devastating fire in 2017. Last December 2018 a tornado ripped through the buildings.