The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

new to me new car shoping today

Search this Thread

Old July 20th, 2014, 06:35 AM

new to me new car shoping today

Wife me and 91 year old mother in law are headed for the bay area( couple hundred miles plus or minus)looking for a deal on a new hoopie for the wife.This is always stressful as too many people and opinions make dealing with sales people very time consuming and we are on the clock with mom coming with us but its going to be the wifes car and mom wanted to come so so be it.

You would think that there would be something closer but wife found this Hundia in Sunnyville on the net so were off like a heard of turtles.Hope I can take getting my intelligence insulted till I get a deal done.....Updates at 11....Tedd
Old July 20th, 2014, 06:42 AM
Administrator

Good luck in your quest, Hyundai's are a pretty decent car, not a lot of mark up for the lower end models. Depending on model some of the dealers may have some new 13's left with 15's just starting to trickle out and they are discounted dramatically. Don't ask me how I know...
Old July 20th, 2014, 03:35 PM

My wife had a Hyundai Tiberon GT. I was unimpressed until I drove it. Cruising with it once I looked at speedo and realized I was doing 85, 3 gear on a 5 speed.
I like a car from a foreign country by a maker we didn't have a war with and one that has fought beside us everywhere we had troops since the Korean war.
Old July 20th, 2014, 09:19 PM

New to us new old car

Well we are back and ended up with a low mile(60,000) 2005 suv Mazda Tribute, not what I would have picked but hopefully something the wife will get along with for awhile. She fell in love with it at first sight and we did work out a fair price from the dealer. My biggest concern is the transmission as they don't have a good track record according to the search I did on the net, time will tell. Hectic day its good to be home again...Tedd
Old July 21st, 2014, 05:24 AM
Administrator

The Mazda Tribute, Ford Escape, and Mercury Mariner are basically the same vehicle. They are very reliable and inexpensive to buy. I prefer the Duratec V6 over the 4 cyl, your wife should get many years of use out of it.
Old July 21st, 2014, 07:02 AM

We did get the V6 3.0 engine and it has plenty of get up and go especially compared to my wifes old Suzuki Grand Vitara which is pretty gutless but has given her 200,000 miles of trouble free service. The added space was a factor as the car will often have a walker and a wheelchair in the back and the Suzuki was maxed out and a torture chamber for anyone who was trapped in the back seat.....Tedd