The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 26th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Captain of my ship

Well the weather is better but we are getting a big storm tonight and the Tractor quit on me yesterday. I think with the cold weather we had maybe the diesel gelled despite me using anti-gel. So now I may have a air lock in the thing , maybe? I really hate diesels for this one thing. The last place I worked we had a diesel Chev truck that never worked in real cold weather. I remember a couple times getting stranded in the thing and it took a diesel tech 2-3 hrs to get it running each time. I know little about diesel but think cracking an injector may help? cant get anybody out here today and tomorrow is to late. Just in for break time.
Old January 26th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Cutlass Lover

Jamesbo...... I don't think that "she who must be obeyed" is gonna like you sending me her cat, lol!! I'd take him, though!! I hope your dog is ok and you can control whatever is wrong with him. I didn't know you were talking about your employee with the cancer - she is feeling worse, huh? I feel bad, and I will say a prayer for her.

Yes, you're right - it's important to have other tests and things done other than just the obvious ones you're supposed to have yearly. If there's something wrong, it's best that they catch it early. Doesn't always work like that though - been there and done that one!

I called my regular doctor and made an appointment to see her. I've been getting like cold chills, then like hot flashes, ever since this heart problem started in the summer. I'm sitting here at work, and now I have my floor heater on, earlier I had the fan on. My hands are as cold as ice but not blue or anything (yet). It's just not normal for me. I think this beta blocker is blocking something it shouldn't be and giving me these menopause like symptoms, or I'm bordering on low blood sugar or something. And no it's not menopause - went through that years ago.... So something is not right. I don't like to go to doctors and try my best to avoid them, but I know when something isn't right. Could be nothing - could be something. Better to listen to your body and get checked out!

Well I ate the leftover sloppy joe and macaroni salad I brought for lunch, and had a bananna for dessert, so now I'm gonna bundle up and go out and walk for a while. I hate this ice out here. Makes for some tricky walking. I try to stay where there's still snow so I have traction!

Wolfie.... it's always something, isn't it?
Old January 26th, 2011, 10:01 AM

Cutlassgal, See if the doc will take you off Beta blockers. They really screwed with me. I am now on Alpha blockers, much less side effects.. Also since I retired 5 years ago my stress levels have gone down and so has my dosage levels. I have my own blood pressure monitor and take my pressure about once a week. 107/72 yesterday
Well I am gonna pack it in as it's 1am here.
B
Old January 26th, 2011, 11:30 AM

Lunch time here and it's 8c and raining. 8C and raining in Alberta in January. That's in the upper 40'sF. Looks like the same tomorrow. Snow is getting heavy with the rain and more roofs are collapsing. BOY! I'm glad I shovelled the roof on the house and garage last week.

So, with all this rain it will go to -13C by Saturday and we can skate to work on Monday. That's going to be something to see. Most people can't drive in Summer.

Col, last summer around Canada Day (July 1) they were brodcasting heat warnings around Toronto/Montreal. It was 42c. Funny thing about Canada. In the movies there is always snow, even in Summer. In reality we can go from -40c in winter to 40c in Summer. Both temps are rare, but it can happen.

On the news last night they said between 1900 to 1981 there were 48 days of cold weather (-15c/ 3F) in Canada (average per year). From 1982-2010 there were 32 days with the same temps. Crazy world this year.
Old January 26th, 2011, 11:56 AM

Sounds from a teen boy's room: Baby baby baby ohhhhhhhh..... Dad rushes into the room: Are you watching Justin Bieber?? Son: No Dad, it's ****.

Dad: Oh, Thank God!
Old January 26th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Cutlass Lover

Lol! Thats funny Jamesbo!
Old January 26th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Captain of my ship

Wolfie.... it's always something, isn't it? [/quote]

Not much longer.
Old January 26th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Cutlass Lover

What's that mean, Wolfie???
Old January 26th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Captain of my ship

Means that I just finally got it running again. A few busted knuckles and aching back , even my legs are hurting. Oh well got that done and changed the handpump on the 200 gallon diesel tank. Tomorrow morning looks like another storm so out early , they say it starts around midnight. I have been feeling crappy most of the time and hate it when things are crappy on top of it.
Old January 26th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Cutlass Lover

Well that's good you got it going again! The cold is so hard on everything and everyone. Did the fuel gel? Does it have an engine heater? Sometimes even those don't help much. Keep telling yourself "one day closer to spring". That's what I do, lol!
Old January 26th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Captain of my ship

I believe the fuel gelled even though i added anti-gel to the big tank ( I added more after this ) and yes it has a block heater but does not help all the lines are exposed to the elements.Better work tomorrow now or I am pullin a jamesbo
Old January 26th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Been spending hours trying to wire the power bench seat motor and solenoids. I can't quite get it right!

I can't quite figure out how to wire the shunt motor to make it reverse! Also, what are the drive cables lubricated with (terrible grammar!) The factory manuals do not cover the wiring very well. Maybe Joe P will see this!

Any suggestions?

--Don
_
Old January 27th, 2011, 05:03 AM
Captain of my ship

Don , you might try starting a thread in general questions if you get no luck here.
Well just starting to get the effects of the noreaster that hit NYC yesterday. it dumped a foot of snow around those parts but its starting out as freezing rain this morning. I was already out and started the tractor plus I fixed the brake light (hopefully) as the bulb seems to rattle out of the socket. Looks like a day of sitting and waiting. I hope the power stays on for this storm , lost it 3 times out of the last 4 storms. freezing rain changing to snow kind of sucks cause it sticks to power lines and tree branches causing breakage. Better go get my shower in while I can.
Old January 27th, 2011, 05:08 AM

Mawn'in all

Originally Posted by Ddbord
Maybe Joe P will see this

I kinda doubt it. But anything is possible.

My trusty Massey Ferguson is like a Timex watch. It "Takes a lick'in and keeps on tick'in."

Gotta take Ralph [the wonder dog] back to the vet for more blood work and meet ANOTHER insureance adjuster at the last frigg'in rental home I will ever own.

Stop, If I told ya'll dis before. But the tenant moved out and made a demand on me [thru her lawyer] to pay her moving expenses, meals, blah, blah, blah, because I [thru my lousey property management] and endangered her lives [and everyone who she ever met] because there was some mold in the house.

The fact that she had 2 dogs, 3 cats, lived like a pig and her ex husband removed a ceiling and a heat vent supply in a room and left before it was ever replaced has yet to be mentioned.

I called my insurance compnay and turned the whole mess over to them and put the house on the market. The purchaser had a mold inspection done and I need to meet the adjuster One more time.

Den, I'm THRU

I've been renting and managing apartments, Shoppoing centers and single family units since I was 13 years old. [family thing] And I'm sick and tired of the B.S.

I had custom screens doors and window screens made for this tenant to try to keep her happy.[ That are all torn to shreads] Loaned her money in the winter to pay her heating bill [so my pipes wouldn't freeze] handed her many,many landscaping jobs on a silver platter and this is the thanks I get.

It's kinda like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer...........It feels so good when ya stop.
Old January 27th, 2011, 05:16 AM
Captain of my ship

jamesbo , I hope that issue sorts itself out for ya soon. It has gone on to long now.
I found Sandy a driving instructer for her little girl , might help with the driving thing , though a little hard on tires. YOU GOTTA WATCH THIS ONE.
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...srn8&vq=medium
Old January 27th, 2011, 05:21 AM

Wolfie,

It's too early in the mawn'in fer me to watch dat one w/o pitching my cookies all over my key board.
Old January 27th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by wolfman98
Don , you might try starting a thread in general questions if you get no luck here.
Thanks, Wolfie... Guess I will... I thought I'd start out with the 7 or 8 car-nuts here!

--Don
Old January 27th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I kinda doubt it. But anything is possible.
Yea, I guess you're right!
Stop, If I told ya'll dis before. But the tenant moved out and made a demand on me [thru her lawyer] to pay her moving expenses, meals, blah, blah, blah, because I [thru my lousey property management] and endangered her lives [and everyone who she ever met] because there was some mold in the house.
Ya, know, Jamesbo, my Trophy Wife for years has wanted me to get into the rental property bidness. I have resisted for many years and your tale 'o woe has re-affirmed my inclination to NEVER DO RENTAL PROPERTY!

--Don
Old January 27th, 2011, 06:32 AM

Don,
Sorry I can't help with your problem. I just hate electrical work. I'd rather get greasy any day.
B
Old January 27th, 2011, 06:42 AM

Yea, I guess you're right!Ya, know, Jamesbo, my Trophy Wife for years has wanted me to get into the rental property bidness. I have resisted for many years and your tale 'o woe has re-affirmed my inclination to NEVER DO RENTAL PROPERTY
Retail propery and warehouses are a might easier. If someone is making money in a store, you can't get 'em out with a crow bar. My sayin is, Never have anything to do with something someboyd sleeps in.
Old January 27th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's snowing big flakes out here and in the 20's. Poor people on the East coast got slammed again. I know I've had my fill already. What a winter!

I went this morning to the doctor. She didn't really have any suggestions as to what could be causing my problems. Could be the pills. She took about 4 vials of blood though! I told her that as long as the pills are keeping my heart from pounding and racing, I'll live with the hot and cold flashes and freezing hands. Lesser of two evils I guess.

Wolfie.... thanks for the video! That guy can drive, lol. Yep.... I need to sign Nicole up. Might take a few lessons myself.

Jamesbo..... I feel your pain and frustration! These people we have in our rental house now are supposed to buy it in 2 years. He pays $100 more a month that goes towards the down payment. Of course they can still back out, just won't get their money back. I don't know why they're in it - they have 4 kids and it's a 3 bedroom ranch like ours. They were hardly outside in the summer, and they have the same yard as us, almost an acre.

They also have 2 dogs and a cat! We didn't want pets in there, but the real estate lady said we had to allow it since they are renting to own. They keep the big dog outside in the kennel and the little dog inside, but since it's been winter, the big dog is inside too. I can just see the new carpet. Something tells me that at 2 years they are gonna decide they don't want the house and we'll be stuck with re-doing it again - for the 3rd time!! Larry says he'll sell it for what's owed on it at that point. We just don't have the money to keep putting in it.

Never again. We thought it would be a way to make some extra money, but when people trash it and you have to fix it, it costs more than you ever made on it. I hope you get your problems straightened out. You did mention it before, and I didn't know it was still dragging on! It's amazing how people (if you can call them that) live. No respect at all for anyone elses property.

Hope Ralph is doing better!

Don.... good luck with your wiring problem!

Well have a good day all!
Old January 27th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by Rdrokit
Don,
Sorry I can't help with your problem. I just hate electrical work. I'd rather get greasy any day.
B
When I'm gonna git greasy, I put on the surgical gloves!

--Don
Old January 27th, 2011, 04:57 PM

Good morning guys & gal

Just stopped in for a second. Things will be back to normal for my by this Saturday. And you all thought you got ride of me huh. Not that easy, be chatting away soon. I sure missed each and every one of you, even redgoat
Old January 27th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Registered

Been spending hours trying to wire the power bench seat motor and solenoids. I can't quite get it right!

I can't quite figure out how to wire the shunt motor to make it reverse! Also, what are the drive cables lubricated with (terrible grammar!) The factory manuals do not cover the wiring very well. Maybe Joe P will see this!

Any suggestions?

--Don
_
Your '65 Fisher Body manual doesn't show all that?
My '71 reprint version is missing half the pages in the seat section so I don't know if that would have it , but my original and complete '68 Fisher manual goes in depth into the power seat wiring and troubleshooting. It shows all the wiring and shows the switch connection and what terminals to jump to test things with the switch disconnected and all that good stuff.

For the seat transmission and other moving parts it says to use Lubriplate or equivalent/white lithium grease. You use that on speedo cables so I would guess you would lube those seat cables with it too.

Do you wear surgical gloves when you do greased pig chasing at the dance hall and when you enter greased flagpole climbing contests too Don?
How about when you go bacon grease slathered midget bikini bimbo wrestling??

Redgoat don't get no respect.
Old January 27th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by Bluevista
Your '65 Fisher Body manual doesn't show all that?
My '71 reprint version is missing half the pages in the seat section so I don't know if that would have it , but my original and complete '68 Fisher manual goes in depth into the power seat wiring and troubleshooting. It shows all the wiring and shows the switch connection and what terminals to jump to test things with the switch disconnected and all that good stuff.
I have the 1965 Chassis and Body Factory books and shows not much about seat wiring. I would sure like anything you have. Even the 1968 will help as things didn't change very fast in this department!
For the seat transmission and other moving parts it says to use Lubriplate or equivalent/white lithium grease. You use that on speedo cables so I would guess you would lube those seat cables with it too.
Sounds good to me....
Do you wear surgical gloves when you do greased pig chasing at the dance hall and when you enter greased flagpole climbing contests too Don?
I actually use golf gloves for these sports!

--Don
Old January 27th, 2011, 07:40 PM
GM Enthusiast

It's snowing big flakes out here and in the 20's. Poor people on the East coast got slammed again. I know I've had my fill already. What a winter!
You're not kidding Sandy! We've had over 50" already this year and another fresh 14" last night. My arms and back are tired! I like the snow but this is crazy. I think we had less snow when I lived in upstate NY.
Old January 27th, 2011, 10:13 PM

Sorry to hear about all the new snowfall and sub zero weather. Maybe this is the time of year to go on vacation to a warmer climate. I just got back from shooting 18 holes of golf and it was a balmy 68 when we teed off at 8am
We walked the course with our Thai women caddies and had a beer at the turn. Total cost of the outing was $20US including the caddy's tip. A nice 4 star hotel in town only costs about $45 a day including breakfast. Always room for another couple of golfers. We play Tuesdays and Fridays.
B
Old January 27th, 2011, 10:26 PM

Sorry to hear about all the new snowfall and sub zero weather. Maybe this is the time of year to go on vacation to a warmer climate. I just got back from shooting 18 holes of golf and it was a balmy 68 when we teed off at 8am
We walked the course with our Thai women caddies and had a beer at the turn. Total cost of the outing was $20US including the caddy's tip. A nice 4 star hotel in town only costs about $45 a day including breakfast. Always room for another couple of golfers. We play Tuesdays and Fridays.
B
I've heard about Thai women. I know some Brits and Americans that go there just for that. They say if you meet a nice Thai girl, you won't come back. Heard the same about Venezuelan woman. Go there single, come back married.
Old January 27th, 2011, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by 442much
I've heard about Thai women. I know some Brits and Americans that go there just for that. They say if you meet a nice Thai girl, you won't come back. Heard the same about Venezuelan woman. Go there single, come back married.
Ken,
That's exactly what happened to me. Came over single and now married 3 years Jan. 16th. Best thing I ever did. She's almost perfect.....the only thing wrong is she squeezes the toothpast from the middle and I can live with that.
Here's the happy couple.

Attachment 184298
Old January 28th, 2011, 05:19 AM

Mawn'in all

Hum,

I think I shall skip the discussion about women since my experience with Miss "Love you long time" is but a distant memory.

And since I don't know squat 'bout lectic seats, I'll skip that discussion also.

Thanks fer de kind words. Ralph [The wonder dog] seems to be improving.
His red blood count was low and he was getting dangerously anemic.

Did ya'll see dat garage roof colapse on de news from de snow? I jes don't know when Global warming is gonna stop.

Pat,

I'm glad you're stay'in busy. Make lots of money, I need to borry sum.Gotta make hay while de sun shines [unless of course ya got lights on your tractor.]

Ken,

Tanks fer de PM. I see a trip to the Frozen north in my near future. Or ya could bring it to me on your next trip to the Red Neck Riviera. Ya do go to the Flordia panhandle every year like a good Canadian snow bird-right?

I gotta go to de sto and get me sum bar oil and sum mix oil. I've been burn'in a ton of wood dis winter. I dug up 4 fat lighter stumps de utter day and got dem dry'in out.

Ya'll have a good day and stay warm.
Old January 28th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

My God, if I don't see some sun pretty soon, I'm gonna go postal, lol! It's still gray and cloudy - no snow yet, and in the 20's. I need sun........

Well we get to see what another member looks like, lol! It's nice to meet you Rdrokit! Nice picture!!

Darrell.... I was thinking of you in all that snow! What a horrible winter this has been so far. I just hope we have an early spring and a nice hot summer!!

Citcapp!! Welcome back, if only for a short time! Nice to hear from you. We missed you!

Jamesbo...... you make me laugh! The red neck riviera, lol! Glad Ralph the wonder dog is doing better! So what's on the menu this weekend? I think I'm going to make the baked tater soup and try it.

I'm thinking about giving the Intrigue to Nicole, since there seems to be no decent cars out here that we can afford without over 175,000 miles on them, and getting myself a little used 4 wheel drive something. Maybe a Rav4 or something like that. Don't want anything big. I don't know. Just tossing it around. At least I know the history of the Intrigue.

Well have a good Friday all!
Old January 28th, 2011, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal

I'm thinking about giving the Intrigue to Nicole, !
HURRAY

I won the pool.

Sandy,

Sorry gal but we alll had a [secret from you] pool bet going as to when your "Tuff Love" would crash and burn. Haul'in Nicole around in the snow didn't last long.

And I won.

Ok guys pay up.
Old January 28th, 2011, 06:58 AM

Ken,
That's exactly what happened to me. Came over single and now married 3 years Jan. 16th. Best thing I ever did. She's almost perfect.....the only thing wrong is she squeezes the toothpast from the middle and I can live with that.
Here's the happy couple.
Congrats! Looks like you got lucky, although squeezing the toothpaste from the middle...don't know how you put up with that!
Old January 28th, 2011, 07:02 AM

Hum,

I think I shall skip the discussion about women since my experience with Miss "Love you long time" is but a distant memory.

And since I don't know squat 'bout lectic seats, I'll skip that discussion also.

Thanks fer de kind words. Ralph [The wonder dog] seems to be improving.
His red blood count was low and he was getting dangerously anemic.

Did ya'll see dat garage roof colapse on de news from de snow? I jes don't know when Global warming is gonna stop.

Pat,

I'm glad you're stay'in busy. Make lots of money, I need to borry sum.Gotta make hay while de sun shines [unless of course ya got lights on your tractor.]

Ken,

Tanks fer de PM. I see a trip to the Frozen north in my near future. Or ya could bring it to me on your next trip to the Red Neck Riviera. Ya do go to the Flordia panhandle every year like a good Canadian snow bird-right?

I gotta go to de sto and get me sum bar oil and sum mix oil. I've been burn'in a ton of wood dis winter. I dug up 4 fat lighter stumps de utter day and got dem dry'in out.

Ya'll have a good day and stay warm.
Hi Jamesbo, I'm in the west, so it California-Arizona-Nevada for snowbirds here. Ontario-Quebec birds go to FL. The frozen north, at least here is thawing out. Roads are dry and the snow is melting like butter in a hot skillet. I'll check back in at lunch and see what's going on. Back to work.
Old January 28th, 2011, 07:10 AM

Yea, I guess you're right!Ya, know, Jamesbo, my Trophy Wife for years has wanted me to get into the rental property bidness. I have resisted for many years and your tale 'o woe has re-affirmed my inclination to NEVER DO RENTAL PROPERTY!

--Don
I've been in the house rental business for 30 years, so I can feel Jamesbo's pain. It is amazing what renters will do. After all this time I still get suprises. I had a friend decide he wanted to get into the business, after 2 years it was sell the houses or get a divorce. It really can be a difficult business but for some reason I've enjoyed it. It is that 10% of renters that cause all the problems.
Old January 28th, 2011, 07:15 AM

Let's Play stupidest thing a renter ever did.

I once saw sum morons with lawn chairs sitting on a roof of a house I rented to them. After I told them to get the F^%% off.

I went back one day and saw where they had painted their names on the roof and [believe it or not ] THE DATE.
And yes the date was after I had told them to stop putting lawn chairs on the roof.
TOP that one.
Old January 28th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Cutlass Lover

Jamesbo..... Glad you won the bet!! But my tough love hasn't crashed. I am tired of putting miles on my car lugging her around. I don't really mind since it's for work and money though. I need money! And she's been paying me without me reminding her. She hasn't asked once to use the car to do anything on her own. I offered it to her to go to the hair place one day. She said she was really scared to be driving again, lol. She only worked Monday of this week - the place slowed down and didn't need people. They're supposed to go back this coming Monday though, I think.

She knows she had it made and she blew it big time. She'll be the first one to tell you! She whines more about not having the internet than anything else. Gotta get them where it hurts, lol!

Can't top you on your renter painting on the roof, lol! Luckily we haven't had that done yet. The worse thing Homey (Larry's drinking buddy tenant) did was to leave deer blood and crap all over the garage floor when he moved out. Guess he skinned a few in there, and Larry had to clean that up. He was mad...... told him that you shouldn't make your tenant a drinking buddy - keep it business like. But what do I know??
Old January 28th, 2011, 07:56 AM

Hmmm, thats a good one Jamesbo. Lets see, I had one set his BBQ next to the house and melted a square of vinyl siding, that was just being stupid. The best one was a house that had a single car detached garage with wood doors, he wanted the door wider so he could park his Cadillac easier, so he cut the doorway a foot wider on each side.
Old January 28th, 2011, 08:03 AM

Morning all,
Took a few days to deal with some issues. First I get a call from a close friends wife telling me he has Liver cancer. He asked me to sell off his car stuff (Mopar guy).It was a bad day for him when I listed his 1967 GTX.He is the original owner.Lots of calls already.
Then my dad was rushed to the hospital with phemonia.(I'm sure thats spelled wrong).He doing better right now.
Jamesbo, I can top your renter story as a few years back I to was a landlord.
My tenants took out a load bearing wall without my knowledge,when I asked why the F*#K they would do such a thing they said that they had done me a favour, Because I could get more money for a modern open concept house as soon as I fixed the hardwood floors.You see they couldn't match the wood. T his is when I decided being a landlord wasn't for me.
Old January 28th, 2011, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by bulldog
Morning all,
Took a few days to deal with some issues. First I get a call from a close friends wife telling me he has Liver cancer. He asked me to sell off his car stuff (Mopar guy).It was a bad day for him when I listed his 1967 GTX.He is the original owner.Lots of calls already.
Then my dad was rushed to the hospital with phemonia.(I'm sure thats spelled wrong).He doing better right now.
Jamesbo, I can top your renter story as a few years back I to was a landlord.
My tenants took out a load bearing wall without my knowledge,when I asked why the F*#K they would do such a thing they said that they had done me a favour, Because I could get more money for a modern open concept house as soon as I fixed the hardwood floors.You see they couldn't match the wood. T his is when I decided being a landlord wasn't for me.
Did you bury them in the backyard or basement?