The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

NC members

Search this Thread

Old January 25th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Oldsdruid

Possible NC Olds gathering?

Been noticing a lot of North Carolina-based members on here (along with some from SC).

What would y'all think of trying to do an Olds get-together in NC sometime later this year? I know I can't do anything before mid-summer due to work, but that would be prime season anyway.

Y'all think about it, and look for a reasonably central place to meet up. If there's interest, I'll see if I can get some of the original Mid Atlantic Chapter folks to buy in and try to get that chapter up and running on all 8 again. Even if it doesn't, we'll still have an NC Olds group.

Glenn Williamson
Rocketraider

Last edited by rocketraider; January 26th, 2010 at 12:19 PM. Reason: change thread title
Old January 25th, 2010, 09:34 AM

How about somewhere on the Blue Ridge Pky?
Old January 25th, 2010, 04:56 PM

Sounds like a great idea. I feel like a alien over here, Have only seen 2 other oldsmobiles in the area. seems like verybody has chevys, mustangs and imports. So would love to meet up with some others.
Old January 26th, 2010, 04:27 AM

Glenn all the Mid A folks will want to do is eat!! John
Old January 26th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Oldsdruid

Originally Posted by 442oldslawyer
Glenn all the Mid A folks will want to do is eat!! John
I resemble that remark...

Yeah, they do like to eat. Never saw 'em go anywhere that they didn't. We were on the way to Nationals one year and one family had a map that showed every Cracker Barrel between Greensboro and Cincinnati. And damned if I don't think we stopped at half of 'em!

Jamesbo, the Parkway may be a bit farther west than central, though we might could get some of the Smoky Mountain folks involved by doing that. I'd like to see us do another ASE Zone show somewhere- they're a lot of work and I know have gotten expensive to stage, but they're a lot of fun for a weekend.

If we can get a good feel for where everyone is and then try to find somewhere central to all, I think we could have a great time for a day trip. Plus it might prod me to get off me **** and get me Rockets roadworthy again.
Old January 26th, 2010, 09:16 AM

I'm on the crystal coast in Morehead City, Blue Ridge Parkway is about 7 1/2 hr drive.
Old January 26th, 2010, 09:36 AM

Count me in! Not much going on in Raleigh Olds specific so I think it's a great idea! I only know of one club in the area and that's the Tigers Pontiac club. We could have a presence at LMS 2X a year for the show
Old January 26th, 2010, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by bcracing
I'm on the crystal coast in Morehead City, Blue Ridge Parkway is about 7 1/2 hr drive.

I've driven to the Outer Banks many times and its a haul.

Make it conveneint for as many as possible.

Any Place BUT "South of the Border" I don't want cotton candy near my car
Old January 26th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Oldsdruid

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Any Place BUT "South of the Border" I don't want cotton candy near my car

DINGDINGDING! Sounds like we have our location!

bc, realistically Raleighwood is the best place for central, or somewhere on the Greensboro-Raleigh corridor. We might could do somewhere around Charlotte for the SC/GA folks.

Hmm- VIR is right down the road from me and might attract some of the northern VA crowd, if we can afford it. I've ruminated on having a H/O Day there but spring outage season usually knocks me out of planning and participating. I sometimes wonder if they schedule the things around everything I want to do.

Like I said, y'all think about it and see if we can come up with something. I'd like to see another Zone Show or at least an Olds Gathering even if we don't do it under OCA auspices. It WILL take some planning though.
Old January 26th, 2010, 12:32 PM

The Zone shows in Tenn were great. I would go back in a minute and it is a 9 10 hr trip for me. Even the wife liked it because of the mountains. We can go to Charlotte Auto Fair 2 x a year but it ain't the same.
Old January 26th, 2010, 12:46 PM

Sounds good to me. Hopefully through this thread we'll see who is interested and where they are from. From there, pick a location central to the majority, unless, of course, that is South of the Border