The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

A magnet for morons...

Search this Thread

Old December 5th, 2009, 02:11 PM

A magnet for morons...

This would be Alice, my ladyfriend. Moron drivers are attracted to her like bosses to meetings and moths to a porch light...

So far her car has been hit by 3 people in separate incidents, 2 weeks apart, for a month.
I am about livid righ now, but I still think it is very bizzare - a really rotten train of luck.

One month ago, on a Friday, a moron b*tch in an suv backed up into the side of Alice's parked car - the moron claimed she did not see it.
Well, you have to look BEHIND when backing up! Luckily Alice was just walking out and saw what happened and got her info before she ran off.
Surprisingly, she had insurance, and they had to pay for fixing 2 mangled doors, some paint, and for a rental car.

She took the car to the dealer to fix the doors - smart move.
She screwed up by taking the car to a cheap korean place for paint. I was on vacation at the time this happened, so i had no idea or say in it.
It turned out to be a nightmare for her as it was a crappy job and they tried charging more than quoted. Luckily, she finally got HER way.
It took them 3 weeks to do it. Shoulda called Maaco...

Now two weeks after that first hit (again on Friday night), two stupid kids tried to swerve around her when she was slowing to turn and hit the rental car! She chased them down, they stopped, and got their insurance to fix the rental car. Those dolts said she swerved into her lane. WHY can't people just admit - "I screwed up and hit your car?" Geez.......

And just last night (yep, another Friday), 2 weeks after the rental car was hit, her freshly repainted car was hit again!!
A repeat of the rental car incident, a moron was trying to swerve from her as she was slowing down to turn right. This time, the idiot, ran away fast. He ran a yellow light turning to red, but Alice did not want to run the red as there were too many other cars around. Good choice for her safety, but she could not get the plate #. Chances are he / she was uninsured.
Plano cop came, looked at her smashed plastic bumper and asked "Somebody hit your car?" I wish i was there to tell him that Galants come from the factory like that. He needed a stupid sign.

SO, luckily her uninsured motorists insurance should cover it, but her idiot agent said her rental reimbursement would not apply. WTF??? She is with a cheapo company, so maybe that is why. My company would cover it.

--- So every two weeks for a month she was hit by a moron - all incidents were clearly not her fault. The first two were from across the TX border - I bet the last one was also, but illegal without insurance.

Can anyone else top an accident record like this??
Geez...

Last edited by Lady72nRob71; December 5th, 2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old December 5th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Registered

Sounds like you got them "Ladyfriend's car hit too much by #$%&@*% morons in a short time span" blues Rob.

Maybe that car is just bad luck??
Doesn't explain the rental car deal though??
Some people are accident prone but how could a car sitting parked and getting hit know your accident prone?

What color is the car???
Old December 5th, 2009, 03:08 PM
GM Enthusiast

Geeez, sorry to hear that. Just tell her that bad luck runs in 3's, so she should be in the clear now.
Old December 5th, 2009, 06:14 PM
I bleed Oldsmobile

Ouch.........At least she wasnt hurt in any of them!
Old December 5th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
This would be Alice, my ladyfriend. Moron drivers are attracted to her like bosses to meetings and moths to a porch light.............So far her car has been hit by 3 people in separate incidents, 2 weeks apart, for a month. I am about livid righ now, but I still think it is very bizzare - a really rotten train of luck.

Can anyone else top an accident record like this?? Geez...
Rob, I feel your pain. No offence but there's no way in hell I would be even thinking of ways to top that. Hmmmmmm, maybe take away her driving priveleges on Friday???
Plano cops are that good at determining damage huh? Keep a supply of them signs handy, sounds like you might need them. Now, the most important lesson of the day......
breath in, breath out. Repeat until calmed down. Now have a beer, it's good for you. Kills off any weak brain cells and makes you feel a whole lot smarter
Old December 5th, 2009, 08:31 PM

To top it, no. But a tie at least... My moms car... Some were her fault, most weren't... It's not so much the grouping of accidents, as it is the # of them... She had a 93 lumina from new until this past june til the motor finally popped. She's not good on cars, typical 3.1 oil leak turned into worst case senario. Anyway, back to my point.
Incidences when not moving (some in parking spots some in traffic) in no particulair order: she was backed into and the mirror knocked off; backed into up the bumper into the grill and hood; backed into right rear 1/4 panel; backed into left front fender; backed into left front fender again also knocking out corner light; rearended while parellel parked lightly by garbage truck pushed bumper in ~1/4-1/2".
While moving: backed into pulling through parking lot; slid on ice and hit a car parked in a firezone -had they not been there she would have hit nothing; backed into in another parking lot...
These are only the ones I remember. I was young in the early years (born the year the car was made )Most of them happened after the first 5 years or so. So in 10 years all this happened, maybe more. I can only remember so much.
Old December 5th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Cutlass Lover

Poor Alice! That's just terrible! I believe things are meant to be, and there is a reason... we just don't know what it is, or why it happens.

Maybe it's Friday that is not a good day. Back in 2003, my nephews wife Chrissy was killed in a car accident the Friday after Thanksgiving. The following week, on Friday, my sister Jean's husband, Bob, was killed in a car accident. Chrissy was her daughter-in-law. My nephew lost his wife and his dad in a week of each other. Matter of fact, today is the 6th anniversary of Bob getting killed.

Thank God, we didn't have a third! We were waiting because everything is supposed to happen in threes! I am still paranoid driving on Friday's in the winter... we all are. We call each other on Thursday nights and say Be Careful tomorrow!! None of us are really over it yet. Tell Alice to be careful on Friday!!!

There are a lot of morons out there... makes you wonder how they ever get a drivers license.
Old December 6th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Captain of my ship

As far as having bad luck with people running into me , nope. But if you would consider single car incidents then my son would win that hands down this past summer. He managed to destroy 2 cars doing things like hitting a tree , twice , going in the ditch 3 times , getting stuck in a field twice , rolling one once and going to a party where all the guys decided to see who could punch the biggest dent in the car
Old December 6th, 2009, 08:37 AM

Sorry

Sorry to hear about Alice's run of bad luck. No I can't top it.But hopefully the chain of 3's is over.

I've heard bikers say, "Drive like you're invisible."

I know in Hotlanta there are some intersections I check 4 times before crossing regardless of the color of the light.

I'm glad she's Ok. Have a tall one, give her a kiss and count your blessings.
Old December 6th, 2009, 08:39 AM

She's not alone. A few years ago I had a jeep Grand Cherokee 2001 model. The second year I owned I was rear ended on the freeway three times in one month. The car was never right after that. When I traded it in the car salesman got in it to check it out before negotiating the trade, hit the drivers window button and when the window started to roll down it just fell out, needless to say I was on the short end of that deal. I feel her pain. Sometimes its better just to move on
Old December 6th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by marcar1993
To top it, no. But a tie at least... My moms car... Some were her fault, most weren't... It's not so much the grouping of accidents, as it is the # of them... She had a 93 lumina from new until this past june til the motor finally popped. She's not good on cars, typical 3.1 oil leak turned into worst case senario. Anyway, back to my point.
Incidences when not moving (some in parking spots some in traffic) in no particulair order: she was backed into and the mirror knocked off; backed into up the bumper into the grill and hood; backed into right rear 1/4 panel; backed into left front fender; backed into left front fender again also knocking out corner light; rearended while parellel parked lightly by garbage truck pushed bumper in ~1/4-1/2".
While moving: backed into pulling through parking lot; slid on ice and hit a car parked in a firezone -had they not been there she would have hit nothing; backed into in another parking lot...
These are only the ones I remember. I was young in the early years (born the year the car was made )Most of them happened after the first 5 years or so. So in 10 years all this happened, maybe more. I can only remember so much.
Wow! Thats an incredible story. Maybe she needs a car with proximity alarms to tell her when she's too close. That wasn't an option in the days those issues occured. I'm sure she felt absolutely horrible each time something happened. None of us take the car out with intentions of seeing how many dings or bumps we can put on it. Hope she is doing well. What is she driving now? (Just so I know where not to park) Glad none of it was serious.
Old December 6th, 2009, 01:22 PM

Thanks for the encouragement... Oddly enough, she is taking it a lot better and easier than she is.
I have seen a lot of driving drama on weekends around here and many times I wonder how I get home without being tagged.

Originally Posted by OLD SKL 69
Geeez, sorry to hear that. Just tell her that bad luck runs in 3's, so she should be in the clear now.
I sure hope that's right - I will tell her!

Originally Posted by Bluevista
Maybe that car is just bad luck??
Doesn't explain the rental car deal though??
Some people are accident prone but how could a car sitting parked and getting hit know your accident prone?
What color is the car???
Her car is green. Not eco - weeco, but color green - forest green. Nothing but concrete here so it was not camoflaged with trees.
The rent car was white and was an suv. Guess they could not see that one...

Originally Posted by Allan R
Hmmmmmm, maybe take away her driving priveleges on Friday???
... Now have a beer, it's good for you. Kills off any weak brain cells and makes you feel a whole lot smarter
I told her to limit driving on Friday and she said it could help. Dallas is a 'party' city, so Friday and Saurday nights are the worst times to be out. I see it all the time. In fact last night when we went to dinner, I could not go 2 miles without having to use the horn!

Originally Posted by marcar1993
To top it, no. But a tie at least... My moms car... ... So in 10 years all this happened, maybe more. I can only remember so much.
Wow - thats a heck of a record, but at least it was spread out a bit. I hope my mom does not get like that.

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I've heard bikers say, "Drive like you're invisible."
I live by that saying also. It seems like Alice makes her car invisible before driving.
Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Have a tall one, give her a kiss and count your blessings.
I did just that last night. Her spirits are still up.

Originally Posted by citcapp
She's not alone. A few years ago I had a jeep Grand Cherokee 2001 model. The second year I owned I was rear ended on the freeway three times in one month.
Sounds like you tied Alice!! Her car may fall apart like that too.

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Maybe it's Friday that is not a good day. Back in 2003, my nephews wife Chrissy was killed in a car accident the Friday after Thanksgiving. The following week, on Friday, my sister Jean's husband, Bob, was killed in a car accident.
Darn, sorry to hear about this. Car damage is the least of the worries. I will start worrying more when she is out, especially on Friday nights.

There are a lot of morons out there... makes you wonder how they ever get a drivers license.
A lot of them do not, but drive anyway.
An IQ test should be part of the driving test also. One's IQ must exceed his/her hat size.
Old December 6th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Registered

Her car is green. Not eco - weeco, but color green - forest green. Nothing but concrete here so it was not camoflaged with trees.
The rent car was white and was an suv. Guess they could not see that one...
I had a good idea it was going to be green, that's the reason I asked.
I know it's hard to believe but I'm dead serious, I knew I should of just asked if it was green.

I'm not some sort of superstitious enlightened new-age nut either.
I can give you personal examples of problems and have predicted ones with witnesses to back me up but I'll be typing for hours.

http://snopes.com/autos/cursed/green.asp

I know a majority of people have no problems just by the numbers and odds but it's weird.
When they do have strange things happen to the car and they just keep happening nine out of ten times you can tell them the car is or was green and they think you're a mind reader or it was some sort of magic trick.
Old December 6th, 2009, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Bluevista
I had a good idea it was going to be green, that's the reason I asked.
I know it's hard to believe but I'm dead serious, I knew I should of just asked if it was green.
Oh, Geez...
Now this is interesting!

Last summer it lost all coolant andshe blew the engine. The replacement motor ticks and sounds strange. It sounds like an old Singer sewing machine my mom has......

Over the summer the left floors filled up with water, no rain around. Some new fancy clothes she had bought were almost ruined as they were on the back floor and the bag leaked.. I looked for the A/C drain and it looked okay. I did nothing. Several weeks later, she said it stopped and it dried out.
There are still high water marks on the inside, pretty nasty.

About 6 weeks ago I was helping her unload groceries. After I got the bags, by arm went across a sharp spot on the door and i lost some blood. I was wondering then WHY this can happen on a new car when safety is such a big thing...

Someone also stole a hubcap off of it 3 months ago. She went to wally world for a replacement, but it was different. She put it on anyway. A few weeks later someone stole that different hubcap off of it! At least she had 3 more in the wally set for spares.

Now she was tagged by other people.

Asians are often supersticious, so she is gonna love this! If she gets too freaked out, I will give her your email address.

Maybe next time she comes over i will sacrifice it during the night with a flamethrower. Too bad we do not have any cliffs in Dallas.

Last edited by Lady72nRob71; December 6th, 2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old December 6th, 2009, 06:45 PM

My mother in law has the same problem. However, technically most are her fault although legally it's the other guy. She feels because legally it's the other guy's fault that she is a good driver. She's not. People are always smacking into her. I've driven with her and I see the mistakes she makes. There are ways to drive that ensure that most of the time people won't hit you. Sure there are always going to be accidents but she has more than her share because she doesn't drive defensively.

For example, tonight I see this guy driving behind me and the roads are icy. So rather than me stopping at the light ahead and letting this yahoo possibly slide into me I start breaking slowly which make him break slowly. We both pull up to the red light crawling at the same time. Light turns green I go because I've already checked that no one else was going to run the red the other way. I always look before I go from a green light. If I don't check and someone hits me, it's not my fault, even though if had looked, there would be no accident.

Turning? I keep my wheels straight. I see so many people stopped ready to turn with their wheels turned in the direction they are going. If someone rear ends them they are going right into oncoming traffic. If someone hits me I'll go straight. There are little things that can be done to avoid an accident.

That being said, you can still get into an accident by being observent. However, by knowing your surroundings and what's going on, you'll get home without incident.

Last edited by 442much; December 6th, 2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old December 6th, 2009, 09:14 PM
...should get a life....

Originally Posted by wolfman98
As far as having bad luck with people running into me , nope. But if you would consider single car incidents then my son would win that hands down this past summer. He managed to destroy 2 cars doing things like hitting a tree , twice , going in the ditch 3 times , getting stuck in a field twice , rolling one once and going to a party where all the guys decided to see who could punch the biggest dent in the car
I've gotta come back to this post Wolfman.
So your son is obviously one helluva driver and a danger to himself and anyone sharing the road with him.
How do you sleep at night? You must be worried sick !
Both my sons have totalled cars and walked away. Since then, touch wood, no other accidents. But you can't keep walking away from crashes like that.
Old December 7th, 2009, 04:23 AM
Captain of my ship

Originally Posted by Col Wickham
I've gotta come back to this post Wolfman.
So your son is obviously one helluva driver and a danger to himself and anyone sharing the road with him.
How do you sleep at night? You must be worried sick !
Both my sons have totalled cars and walked away. Since then, touch wood, no other accidents. But you can't keep walking away from crashes like that.
Yes I am worried about him. So far the incidents that he has had are usually on dirt roads off the beaten path. I guess that's cause him and his buddies are looking for isolated places to party. Last weekend he was a passenger in a car that rolled over after the driver fell asleep at 4:30 in the morning.Kenneth was also asleep and thank god he had his seatbelt on. Right now I am fixing up my Astro van to give him as a graduation , birthday and xmas gift. It is all wheel drive and more robust than the Hyundai that he has been driving but if he does not change driving habits then this wont last. I will be going out driving with him in the van before he gets it and letting him know that now he is 18 (Jan.1 ) he will be responsible for any damage caused by his irresponsibility. That and one of my steel toe boots up his a**.
Old December 7th, 2009, 04:28 AM
Cutlass Lover

Yeah!
Old December 7th, 2009, 04:53 AM
...should get a life....

[quote=wolfman98;129393] Right now I am fixing up my Astro van to give him as a graduation , birthday and xmas gift.

Always a worry when you live in rural areas. The stretch of road between my place and Silverdale, only 15kms away, has the dubious honour of being the deadliest in Australia. 8 killed in an 18month period a couple of years ago. Youth & Speed responsible for 7. Its a 50mph road.
Five killed in one accident yesterday on a road close to home, the one I use when I drive the Olds down the coast. Country roads and inexperience are a dangerous cocktail.
I hope he wakes up Wolfman. He no doubt will. Maybe a defensive driving course should go with the van.
Meantime I guess we're going through what our parents went through.
Old December 7th, 2009, 11:50 AM

Well I for one am a youth with relatively few accidents. I had the front end of my second vehicle, a 91 S10, hanging off the side of a cliff once. It was very muddy and I was parking in front of the house (in WV, mind you) so I could load some things into the truck. Hit the brakes and the tires locked up, sending the truck sliding off to the cliff(I was parking parallel to the edge, the truck turned in the skid). Luckily the neighbors noticed and pulled the truck out by chaining it up to their Silverado.

Only other incident I have is in my current car (Car #8, the 83 Custom Cruiser). I was pulling in to a driveway in a very narrow allyway. The driveway had fencing on both sides of it for their yard and the neighbors yard. Had to avoid trashcans at the edge of the driveway and cracked 8 fence pickets in half, sliced right through them with the front bumper of the wagon. Was going slightly too fast trying to get such a tight fit. Costed me $1 per picket to replace. Not bad.

No cars have hit me and I've hit no cars, as I drive fairly defensively. I've avoided many accidents that would've been caused by fools on cell phones. Heck, I manuevered the 87 Cutlass Ciera (I still have it, it's parked at grandma's in WV) 10 miles, part of which from the top of a mountain to the bottom, with no brakes (and a fuel filter as a temporary fix to a rubber gas line that some vandals also cut). That sure was fun. Had my grandpa in front of me in a big 'ol Dodge van so that if I had to stop quickly, I could lightly bump on to his bumper, thusly being stopped by his brakes and not damaging either vehicle. Didn't have to do it, but you've got to plan ahead for safety.

--Ryan
Old December 7th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Old(s) Fart

Well, you have to look BEHIND when backing up!
Sadly, this is why most new cars (and especially SUVs and minivans) have those stupid backup sensors on the rear bumper.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 07:48 AM

Well just when I thought she was in the clear, her car got tagged AGAIN in the collage parking lot! Another case of morons who cannot even park. Hit other cars and do not care.
Now her freshly repainted car has a 2 foot-long scrape down the front fender with white paint imbedded in it.
Of course mush of her misfortune comes from the location she lives and visits - overrun by FOTB immigrants who chose to drive, license or not. Most cars around there look like they have fallen off cliffs.

I told her to not even fix it anymore - just wait until there is more serious damage. That will probably happen soon.

Also the starter went out, the A/C leaks water inside the car, and the rear motor mount is probably coming apart as the engine shakes more than it should.
This makes my old cars look so good!

She promises her next car will not be green and will probably be a domestic.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 10:54 AM
Cutlass Lover

That sucks!!!! Did she even make it a month without incident? I can't stand people who just don't care about other people's property. I would never dream of even opening my car door in to someone elses car. I always push my shopping cart back to the cart stand too - I've seen them up against peoples cars. Yep... she shouldn't do any more to the car now, and then just get rid of it!
Old January 22nd, 2010, 04:03 PM
...should get a life....

Seems like people line up to attack Alice's car every time she ventures out.
She needs a rubber car.
She's not related to the hysterical woman on that plane where all the other passengers lined up to smack some sense into her is she?
Old January 22nd, 2010, 06:08 PM

I worked at a body shop in Reno a few years back. We had one customer who's vehicles werebrought into our shop. One time she parked her mini van in a carport at her daughter's house. She parked well within the lines. She came out and the passenger sliding door had a dent in it with the print of a tennis shoe. Someone kicked her car. Another time she was parked at work and someone hit and ran. Then she was parallel parked downtown and someone backed into her car while it was parked. She walked out to her car and saw her hood in an upside down V. Cost $4500.00 to fix. Then one night her husband was driving home from work, fell asleep and rolled the brand new pick up truck they bought. ETC...

It got to the point where I would get worried if I didn't hear from her for more than 6 months.

Oh did I mention she was a Monk? She would always be so forgiving and say "What goes around comes around".
Old January 22nd, 2010, 06:48 PM
Cutlass Lover

Hey Colonel....... Do you have the car yet, or what's going on with it???
Old January 22nd, 2010, 06:56 PM

The wife of one of my buddies has worked in administration in Nursing homes over the years, and her cars are constanly getting tagged by seniors just can't turn their head enough to see clearly behind them. Another friend had her hip crushed after being pinned between two cars by a senior at a McDonalds, who couldn't see her, and "thought she hit something" but kept backing up ANYWAY!
Old January 22nd, 2010, 07:08 PM
...should get a life....

Hey Colonel....... Do you have the car yet, or what's going on with it???
Hey Sandy.... Just off the phone to North Carolina. Car should be picked up from there on Monday and transported to Wilmington CA by 3rd Feb.
From there it waits until there are 4 cars for a container then it's 17 days at sea and a couple of weeks coming through customs at this end. Probably another 6 weeks before I see it. Friend of mine is buying a 69 Cuda from NY and using the same shipping company so that's 1/2 the cars we need for the container sorted out. Just gotta be patient I guess.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 07:16 PM
Cutlass Lover

Wow... that is a long time to wait! I'm anxious to see more pictures of it!! Keep me posted!!! Thanks, Colonel.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 03:00 PM

That sucks!!!! Did she even make it a month without incident? I can't stand people who just don't care about other people's property. I would never dream of even opening my car door in to someone elses car. I always push my shopping cart back to the cart stand too - I've seen them up against peoples cars. Yep... she shouldn't do any more to the car now, and then just get rid of it!
Seems like people line up to attack Alice's car every time she ventures out.
She needs a rubber car.
I know - this might be her solution. I summon Redgoat with his team of fearless rubbermaids!!

She's not related to the hysterical woman on that plane where all the other passengers lined up to smack some sense into her is she?
No and I am so glad. She is taking this all quite well - MUCH better than I would have. I feel her frustration though.

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Another friend had her hip crushed after being pinned between two cars by a senior at a McDonalds, who couldn't see her, and "thought she hit something" but kept backing up ANYWAY!
Geez... That is what these FOTB people do. In fact I saw one girl do this at work, WHILE I WATCHED! He bumper was a rainbow of different colors.
I put a note on the victim's car (not a special car) about what I saw.
Old January 24th, 2010, 02:32 AM
Captain of my ship

It seems that there are just some people who are prone to accidents even if not their fault. I gave a girlfriend my mustang to drive as she had no car and it seemed like every other week I would find another dent or scratch , as well as pulling the car out of the ditch 3 times. ten years later and she still gets run into all the time?
Old January 24th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Land Yacht Captain

Ever heard of the show "Canada's Worst Driver"???? Might be worth a nomination!!! LOL

Originally Posted by wolfman98
Old January 24th, 2010, 07:21 AM

Well on a positive note, Alice took the car back to the last shop that fixed the hit-n-run damage. They were kind enough to touch up the damage withthe same color paint at no charge to her.
From standing back distance, it is no longer visible unless you look for it.

Will this be the end of the string o' dings and matches o' scratches?? Stay tuned!
Old January 24th, 2010, 10:04 AM

Yesterday my wife and I were at Costco getting supplies. This is a membership store and you can buy gas there for 10- 20 cents cheaper then at any local station. While driving through the parking lot in the marked driving lane, bang! the whole can jumped sidways. A women who had been parked (backed into a space) did not see me and hit the back passenger side door. Lots of damage. How she didn't see me as I was 60% past her is beyond me. I can only assume she was looking at her new cell phone she had just bought. Said it was her first accident in 50 years. My wifes new car and she is not happy, thought she would take the women's head off but she was very kind about the whole thing.
Old January 24th, 2010, 12:46 PM

A women who had been parked (backed into a space) did not see me and hit the back passenger side door. Lots of damage. How she didn't see me as I was 60% past her is beyond me. I can only assume she was looking at her new cell phone
How much common sense does one need to have to know to watch BEHIND when backing up? I hope you put the phone up her posterior sideways as a reminder of that...
Screw these stupid little toys - people are so addicted to em that they cannot do the most logical things anymore.
Glad you all handled it well. I would have introduced her little phone to Mr sledge hammer...
Old January 25th, 2010, 02:16 AM

....parked (backed into a space) did not see me and hit the back passenger side door.
@ Rob: Even worse! The dingbat was backed into the parking space! In other words, she pulled out forwards! That REALLY takes talent!

BTW: Yours & Wolfman's stories are really pretty weird, but I'd take Alice's problems over how much I'd be worrying about Wolfie's son! My grandson is 19- had 1 accident. Unfortunately, it was the wife's pristine '92 Z28 Camaro ragtop. Spun out on slightly wet asphalt, messed up the l. rear hub, axle half & both panhard rods. Good thing from a bad thing: he's now much more careful, especially when it's slick!

Ralph
Old January 25th, 2010, 03:50 AM

Yesterday my wife and I were at Costco getting supplies. This is a membership store and you can buy gas there for 10- 20 cents cheaper then at any local station. While driving through the parking lot in the marked driving lane, bang! the whole can jumped sidways. A women who had been parked (backed into a space) did not see me and hit the back passenger side door. Lots of damage. How she didn't see me as I was 60% past her is beyond me. I can only assume she was looking at her new cell phone she had just bought. Said it was her first accident in 50 years. My wifes new car and she is not happy, thought she would take the women's head off but she was very kind about the whole thing.

Ouch,

Glad no one was hurt. Having spent a lifetime in Shopping Center parking lots. I can tell ya they're an accident waiting to happen. In these parts the current craze is to put in more and more landscaping and island So all the ladies driiiving SUV's can have more fun running an obstacle while talking on their cell phones and yelling a kids in the back seat
Old January 25th, 2010, 03:55 AM
Captain of my ship

Originally Posted by 66ninetyeightls
Ever heard of the show "Canada's Worst Driver"???? Might be worth a nomination!!! LOL
Actually he should be on 'stupid human tricks' since him and his buddies do all kinds of dumb things for their film class in school. For some reason they always used his car to do the driving stunts and of course they are not great stunt drivers. I found out that they filmed 2 of the accidents that he had with his car , something along the lines of a couple guys who rob a store then get in a car chase with the cops. When the teacher saw some of the tapes they had done he put a stop to it cause he considered it dangerous. The last accident which killed the car was done on a dirt road behind his house while they were partying. Since he has had the van he has had no accidents , maybe I got through to him a little bit but I know it won't last forever. A couple years would be nice.
Old January 25th, 2010, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by German442
@ Rob: Even worse! The dingbat was backed into the parking space! In other words, she pulled out forwards! That REALLY takes talent!
Oh geez.... I misread. That idiot's phone really needed to be crammed you know where. I wish they were all banned from being used by the driver when the car is in motion.
Pulling out of a parking space is a GREAT time to watch where one is going, but I guess only to good drivers... Hard skill to use I guess....

Around here, some guy was speeding along a curve, was startled by his loud phone going off, he went off the road and ended up submerged in a pond. They said he shot the window out with his gun to get out.
Would this learn him?
Old January 25th, 2010, 06:55 AM
Cutlass Lover

As Ron White would say.... "You can't fix stupid"!!!!!

Quick Reply: A magnet for morons...