The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Lithium jump starter recommendations

Search this Thread

Old January 21st, 2019, 04:38 PM

Lithium jump starter recommendations

Looking to buy one. Anybody have any experiences good or bad? What brand do you have? Not looking to start a Cat bulldozer, just daily driver car or V8 truck.
Thanks
Don W
Old January 21st, 2019, 05:21 PM

A couple guys at work have them. One is a Snap-On and the other is some off brand cheep one. Both of them work really good on their daily drivers. If the car battery is all the way dead to where it offers no help at all then the little jumper may not get it started. The car battery needs to have at least a little something left to it.

Both of these are older ones. Not sure if newer ones would be more powerful.
Old January 21st, 2019, 05:55 PM
Gary

I got second to the smallest NOCO (GB40) for my 1.8L Saturn and a GB150 for the 6.1L Challenger. I was impressed with the safety features (e.g. if you hook it up backwards it won't operate). There is a safety bypass mode for a completely flat battery that will give the battery a surface charge in about a minute and have enough left to crank the engine.

I charge them every 6 months and they are around 75% charged after that time--so the charge life is good as well. These are lithium cell, so they advertise big amp numbers.

The GB150 may be overkill but I got that one first and I was hesitant to believe the tiniest model would start big V8s. It turned out that sizing one up from what they recommend gives you enough capacity.
Old January 22nd, 2019, 03:55 PM

Thanks for your input
Don W