The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

I'm so sad!

Search this Thread

Old June 27th, 2021, 04:21 AM

I'm so sad!

Lost my cat "Spaz" last week & I can't believe how much I miss him! He was almost 18 yrs old so at least he was with me for a long time! His name fit him when he was little, he was a handful!!. He was a feral kitten born in a barn on my wife's ex's property. Thank god he mellowed out with age! He was the friendliest cat I've ever seen, he never hissed or put his razor sharp claws out, never trashed the furniture. He came when called, he would "talk" to me. He loved everyone, he was more like a dog than a cat. He was a big boy(18 lbs) & he loved hunting chipmunks! Goodbye buddy!!

Old June 27th, 2021, 06:34 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

It is tough when we lose pets especially when we have had them a long time. They become a member of the family and are always there for you. RIP Spaz.
Old June 27th, 2021, 06:44 AM

Yes, its hard to say goodbye when they've been part of the family for so long. RIP Spaz
Old June 27th, 2021, 06:47 AM

Sorry for your loss. It's really not fair that our furry loved ones don't live longer.........
Old June 27th, 2021, 06:47 AM
72 Olds CS

We had our last cat for 18 years as well. We still miss her, even tho our current cat has been w us more than a decade! Sorry for your loss. Spaz looks like a nice furry friend.
Old June 27th, 2021, 06:52 AM

It is tough to loose our little buddies. Seems as though they have a way of knowing what they can do to give us some happiness in a sometimes **** situation, just kinda always there for us, and we are there for them unconditional.
RIP Spaz (Get some of them chipmunks for the big guy)
Old June 27th, 2021, 08:55 AM

Condolences. I don't like loosing them either. No more pets for me. I'm just glad I never had to make the call to put one down because I couldn't do it.
Old June 27th, 2021, 10:45 AM
Banned

Boy so sorry to hear it. Sounds like a cool cat. Non cat people may not open their minds enough to understand. Always hurts losing a pet. My favorite helping next move has always to bring another one in.
Old June 27th, 2021, 11:00 AM

It's amazing what a big presence in our lives these small bundles of fur have, and the hole they leave when they pass. We've been through that loss recently too and can totally empathize with you. Condolences...
Old June 27th, 2021, 11:45 AM

So sorry for your loss
Old June 27th, 2021, 12:16 PM
69 Cutlass S

Condolences, it is amazing how much it hurts. We lost our 13y/o redbone coonhound this winter. I felt true depression for the first time. Was shocked, have lost many pets before.
As we get older I think it hurts more.
The good news is we felt better in a week, time does heal all things.
Old June 27th, 2021, 12:18 PM

Rob, sorry to hear about Spaz. Cats are a wonderful friend. Hard to refill there presence.

Wayne
Old June 27th, 2021, 12:20 PM

Sorry for your loss. I know how it feels to lose a cat. I had 2 kittens that was born in the backyard of a mechanic shop. I took one and the other mechanic took the other. I dont know what happen to the other cat but my cat lived his life to the fullest until he had a virus and passed away peacefully.
Old June 27th, 2021, 12:40 PM
Lansing built

Sorry for your loss! I know how it is! Lost a good dog that was not even mine! Belonged to an ex GF of mine that stayed with me many times when she went on vacation. I am not sure who misses who more. Cried for 3 days when she went!

Pat
Old June 27th, 2021, 02:30 PM

I'm sorry for your loss.
Old June 27th, 2021, 03:40 PM

Condolences for the loss of your cat. We had to put our 19 year old cat down five years ago. There were tears aplenty that day.
Old June 27th, 2021, 04:45 PM

This sucks!!!

It’s not fair out furry friends have such short lives. It’s never easy putting one down, it’s never easy when the time comes naturally or accidental.

A lot of people don’t like cats, I enjoy them. Especially if they are playful, ours is pretty vocal. She will meow continuously until you acknowledge her.

My deepest condolences. Life is too short. Time heals the pain, remember the good times.
Old June 27th, 2021, 07:33 PM

Robb, I can relate. Your feelings and emotions are normal. We get attached to our pets. They give us unconditional love, they don't care if we are fat or skinny, rich or poor, money or no money. They want our love and food, and in exchange they give us unconditional love. For instance, I never had a cat hurt me emotionally.
I found a little black cat as I was passing a construction site going to the NJ beach. The workers, wearing steel tipped work boots, lured her with canned tuna and kicked the **** out of her each time she tried eating. I picked her up, took her in my convertible to a veterinarian, top down, and she checked out fine. I took her from Philly to my beach house in NJ every weekend, every summer, with my top down.
I named her Blackjack, and called her Jackie for short.
The kids in the neighborhood would stop by to see her, and she would share her affection. Jackie and I hung out together, until age eighteen. She got sick and passed on my pillow next to me. I was sad, depressed,and I too, cried and cried. I swore, no more.
A friend called me from the beach a couple of months after Jackie passed. She found a one pound kitten, abandoned by his mother and asked me to take him. I resisted and she persisted. She even offered to take the kitten back if I decided not to keep him. It's almost four years, and the little guy has a good home
Although I still miss Jackie, I love the new guy. It's different, but I gave another stray a second chance.
I feel your pain. I understand your depression and sadness.
Think about giving another stray a good home. You will rescue each other.
​​​​​​​

Last edited by twilightblue28A; June 27th, 2021 at 07:45 PM.
Old June 28th, 2021, 04:14 AM

Thanks for the kind words everyone! When I retire next year I'll probably get another. We have a nice cat rescue place (Kitten Krazy) in town. I took all Spaz's left over food & litter there to help them out & that'll be the first place I go when I'm ready! They had some beautiful kittys there!! The pic I put up of him I uploaded to that Fracture place that's always advertised on TV. They print your pic on glass & did a beautiful job & I had it in 3 days!
Old June 28th, 2021, 04:39 AM
Bfg

I thought cats have nine lives?
Old June 28th, 2021, 06:37 AM

Clearly you are a GREAT pet owner!

And there are SO MANY that need homes. You can't replace your friend, but you can totally start a new journey with another!
Old June 28th, 2021, 07:46 AM

The best advice here was, "remember the good times". You provided this pet with a good life. Cheers.
Old June 28th, 2021, 08:33 AM

Echoing the sentiments of everyone else man. Sorry to hear the news, and clearly you were a great pet owner based solely on how much it has effected you. Remember the fun, the personality, because when the initial grief passes by it sounds like you had quite the companion to remember.
Old June 28th, 2021, 10:24 AM

Good looking fuzzball. Our family cat waited to see me one last time before sneaking off to die. This was a few years ago. I grew up in FL, our pets were outside pets. I don't want an inside pet, and I don't want to abuse a pet by leaving them outside here in Indiana in the winter, so I have none. Once I retire, I may get a dog.
Old June 30th, 2021, 01:58 AM
GCH

I'm sorry for your loss. We have also an cat here , my wife and I was working in the garden
2010 and suddenly we heard a sound behind us and there stood the little cat looking at us .
Nobody in the neighborhood knew were this cat came from and we still donīt know.
But she stayed with us and have never scratched any things in the house and we love her a lot.

Old June 30th, 2021, 04:40 AM

Hi,

Sorry for your loss, it's amazing how pets can become family members, recently had to put down a cat we picked up, on a road trip last fall. He wasn't old, but had a heart defect that caused him to throw a clot and paralyzed his back legs, vet gave him a 10% chance of recovering, but unsure if it would reoccur, tough decision, but didn't want him to suffer.

Still miss the little ****...

Regards,
Jim