The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

I was hit hard

Search this Thread

Old October 28th, 2012, 09:45 AM

I was hit hard

I was hit hard on Friday,was diagnosed with breast cancer.I was in tears and luckily my fiance Jason was beside me.Gave me a hug and told me that he was going to love me through this with his support.My family was hit hard a second time,my mother was diagnosed too with this.I am very lucky,was caught in the early stages.Looks like I won't do much,first is surgery and then the treatments through the surgery.At least my mother and I have the support that is needed.See the doctor on Monday to schedule the surgery and discuss the options.
Old October 28th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Administrator

I know words from a complete stranger don't amount to much, especially coming from a person who has never been through a crisis such as yours. You have my sincerest wish that everything works out.
Old October 28th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Oldsdruid

Look at it this way. It was diagnosed early and that greatly improves your chances of recovery. Hang tough- there are a lot of folks wearing pink for you!
Old October 28th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis and best wishes for whatever has to happen next. Follow through on what the Dr. says; you have a 56 to finish up
Old October 28th, 2012, 10:15 AM

I have a friend that I worked with who was diagnosed while we working working on a construction project. Most of us (including her) were all working 5 to 8 hours from home. She didn't have a lot of family at home so she decided to go through the treatments at the local hospital and continue working. It was rough but she's still cancer free after four years. She caught it early too.

Find a good Hospital that specializes in it. My friend did all her stuff through Brigham and Women's in Boston and the local hospital treated her following B&W's guidance.

Last edited by allyolds68; October 28th, 2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old October 28th, 2012, 10:57 AM

Glad is was caught early, very glad to here you have a good support system. It will help a lot. Good luck
Old October 28th, 2012, 11:33 AM

My wife is a 10 year Breast Cancer Survivor!! Her's was caught fairly early, and there were no complications. You will do great!
Old October 28th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

My a wife went through that in 2009. She caught it very early through her mamogram. She had a lumpectomy and six weeks of radiation. So far she is fine and I know she will continue to be. Bless you and your Mother. That is more than you should have to go through. Prayers are with you and your family.
Old October 28th, 2012, 12:04 PM

My fiance shows his support,has the pink ribbon in his truck and a couple of his friends thought it was a joke.Said it was not a joke,supporting my mother and I for what we are going to go through.Doctor said if caught very early,have a much better quick recovery.I felt a lump in my left breast on
Monday and seen the doctor on Wendsday.
Old October 28th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Cutlass Lover

I'll keep you in my thoughts and say a prayer for you. A lot of women go through this unfortunate thing. There is power in prayer, so have faith!!!!!
Old October 28th, 2012, 01:44 PM
71 cutlass convertible

Good luck and will keep you in my prayers. My grandmother was a surviver back in the late 70's.

Larry
Old October 28th, 2012, 06:27 PM
GM Enthusiast

Sorry to hear about that. But it is good that they caught it early.

My mom got diagnosed early and treated in 2010 for an aggressive form of breast cancer. (Lumpectomy, Kemo, and Radiation) It happened to be the same type her mother had and she is a 20 year survivor. Mom is doing fine so far, without any issues. Hang tough and be positive, our prayers are with you.
Old October 28th, 2012, 06:56 PM

Stay Strong - Hang Tuff!

angelica: I'm pulling for you woman! Stay strong angelica! You must know that, all of us here on the Classic Oldsmobile Forum are in your conrner!
Old October 28th, 2012, 08:23 PM

From one cancer fighter to another...you're gonna be fine. Keep thinking positively and you will get through this just like any other challenge. Cherish the good news, don't worry about the bad, and before long, it'll all be over. Treatment is hard, but it sounds like you've got the right attitude and support around you. I'll be praying for you to recover quickly and kick Cancer's ***!

Steve

Desmoid Fibromatosis - Diagnosed 2007
Surgery Jan. 2008
Chemotherapy Sep. 2010 - March 2011
Radiation Apr. 2012 - June 2012
Still not gone, but STILL FIGHTING!
Old October 28th, 2012, 08:25 PM

My kids are doing much better,the support from them too.I know what it feels to have cancer,I have been through it once and won.Had the early stages of ovarian cancer a year ago.I always listen to the doctors.My mother's sister/my Aunt Belle was diagnosed with early stages of breast cancer 2 years ago and survived,my mother and I told her this today.She was stunned,breast cancer runs in my mother's side of the family.My cousins Stacie and Vicky already decided to get tested if they have the gene for breast cancer.Talking having my nieces tested when they get older.
Old October 29th, 2012, 09:45 AM

Nip it in the bud, excellent plan.

I wish you and your mother a speedy recovery and a cancer-free future.
Old October 29th, 2012, 05:32 PM

Surgery date is November 5th and my mother's is on the 6th.Doctor plans on removing the lump including the tissue around the lump.Then it is the radation treatments for 6 to 8 weeks.
Old October 29th, 2012, 06:28 PM
71 & 72,now I want a 68

My prayers for you and your Mother.
Old October 29th, 2012, 07:03 PM

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.