The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Huh! Maybe all hybrid drivers aren’t arrogant stuckup a$$holes!!

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2021, 07:47 AM

Huh! Maybe all hybrid drivers aren’t arrogant stuckup a$$holes!!

It’s a gorgeous day in central Indiana, I decided to drive the Olds for a few errands this morning.

I arrived at my first stop, got out of the car and started walking to the door. Someone says “excuse me sir!” I turn around to see a lady with her kids sitting in a small car (no idea what the car is). I automatically brace for the “why are driving that environmental dinosaur?!” lecture, I’m relieved when she compliments me on my pride and joy.

I miss the days when you don’t have to always be expecting the worse in people. And I REALLY hate it that expecting the worse is the first response in today’s world. Know what I mean?
Old May 1st, 2021, 09:09 AM

That's cool that she was friendly.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 03:36 PM
Banned

People can definitely surprise sometimes. Thanks for bringing it up.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 04:13 PM

Here near SF, not exactly conservative country, I might get a little ribbing here & there from people with more efficient cars, but never disgust, not in decades. The smarter ones among them realize that our old cars have never been recycled, we’ve been conserving them.

Old people remember, little kids smile and ask their parents what those weird looking cars are.

I even get the occasional thumbs up from Tesla & Prius drivers.

Olds content: took the 98 convertible out today to test my fresh 180F thermostat. Even after the first drive I like it better than the 160F I’ve run for decades. Saw a bunch of classics - ‘69 Vette, some kind of TR3-A, VW bug convertible from the 60’s. Feels like the fun cars are coming out again as COVID recedes.

cf
Old May 2nd, 2021, 04:37 PM

While nobody has ever said anything to me while driving my Olds, I have occasionally had snide comments when I drive my Ram.

I have seen confrontations people have uploaded to YouTube. I suppose it’s only a matter of time before it happens.