The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

And how many of my tax dollars go to ACORN

Search this Thread

Old September 11th, 2009, 09:50 AM
car guy

And how many of my tax dollars go to ACORN

You think they can get me a hook up on a 15YO ElSavadorian female exchange student.

http://biggovernment.com/tag/baltimore-acorn/
Old September 11th, 2009, 10:17 AM
71 cutlass convertible

Even 1$ is to much.
Old September 11th, 2009, 12:00 PM

Too many of my tax dollars go to a corn(nut)...
Old September 11th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

And to think obama wants acorn to take the 2010 census? Scary ain't it.
Old September 11th, 2009, 05:22 PM
car guy

breaking news.....ACORN is fired from 2010 Census

I'm jumping for joy right now

http://biggovernment.com/2009/09/11/...es-with-acorn/
Old September 11th, 2009, 05:34 PM

now we just need to get all there funding cut off.
Old September 12th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Senior Moment Member

Don't get partisan or political. Keep it objective. This is not a political site. The Mods may turn you off. Some people here like Obama.
Old September 12th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Richard, you made my day and then I read it in the paper this morning.
Old September 12th, 2009, 12:46 PM

where was obama mentioned? thin skinned maybe?
Old September 12th, 2009, 06:03 PM

Something Fox never mentioned:

The had to go to at least four separate ACORN offices before they found one with employees dumb enough to talk with them. And, ACORN fired the two employees immediately.

On the other hand, a FOX news producer was busted with kiddie ****,

a FOX news staffer rammed a bicyclist and dragged him for four blocks on the hood of his SUV,

and Glenn Beck is so unhinged he actually makes O'Reilly look sane these days...

Somehow, these incidents never seem to be worthy of 24 hour coverage by the noble fellows of the Rupert Murdoch empire -- and all but one is still working for FOX.
Old September 12th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

I am just gonig to drop this since this is not a place to get into pizzing contest. Glenn Beck should be ashamed for what he did to Van Jones. Sure he should. Nuff said.
Old September 12th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Senior Moment Member

My above post was posted in jest. The truth is coming out and it WILL set us free. Fox news is the only mainstream media to actually investigate and report on the misdeeds of this administration. All others are silent. Shame. Same with redoldsman, I think he is practicing satire, I hope.

Last edited by z11375ss; September 12th, 2009 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Obotomy
Old September 12th, 2009, 11:17 PM
car guy

Originally Posted by Erinyes
Something Fox never mentioned:

The had to go to at least four separate ACORN offices before they found one with employees dumb enough to talk with them. And, ACORN fired the two employees immediately.
There is already a second tape released of them doing it at the DC office. They fired those two ladies too and with in hours ACORN was stripped of the Census. Oh what about all the ones arrested the other day over the voter registration fraud. Now if Congress will just get the ***** to strip the Billions of stimulus money headed for them.

Old main steam media is dead. They have played their hand. You will see a revolution of new media just like what has happened here. WE THE PEOPLE are sick the traditional media turning a blind eye to what is in process. You can look at the ratings.

Just today I see someone on of the cable news stations say there were a few thousand show up for the 9-12 rally on Washington DC . I have seen the time elapsed footage of the march. There had to be at least a 100K if not more.

I personally was at a 9-12 Rally today in Ft Worth TX. My best estimate was 7000-8000 yet the local news mentioned 100's of protesters showed up. These non reporters are going to wake up soon enough wondering why they are unemployed.
Old September 13th, 2009, 03:25 AM

........a FOX news producer was busted with kiddie ****,,,,,,,,

The poor guy was assigned to the Hillary Clinton Campaign!!!...no wonder his head got twisted!!!

........a FOX news staffer rammed a bicyclist........

Is there any reason that this story is only on Gawker? - isn't that the internet equivalent to the National Enquirer?? - does this Dan Broderick guy even exist?? - if he does, I can't find him - if you read the whole story, the bicyclist actually came after him first and there are no details on the "dragging" - like the bicyclist might have been hanging onto the vehicle because he wanted to beat the drivers a*s?? - and one more observation - the founder/owner of Gawker, Nick Denton, is openly gay - does it get any more liberal than that??

My point is, just as gearhead78 has pointed out, we have been getting mind f*cked by the media long enough and are sick of it - we are also sick of what is going on in this country right now and these Tea Parties are just the beginning - we have to make these politicians be accountable TO US and the constitution - if there is a whole population out there that feels otherwise, lets let them have California, New York, and a few other states - they can seperate from the Union and live anyway they please and stay the h*ll out of our way!!!
Old September 13th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

z11375ss, I was indeed practicing satire. It is interesting to see the number of people protesting obamacare in this country. Not only are they protesting obamacare, they are protesting this administration and the other bozos in Washington and what they are trying to do to this country. It reminds me of the civil rights protest of the sixties. Tax paying law abiding citizens are fed up and are taking a stand. It will continue to gain momentum. The elections next year should be very interesting.
Old September 13th, 2009, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by redoldsman
z11375ss, I was indeed practicing satire. It is interesting to see the number of people protesting obamacare in this country. Not only are they protesting obamacare, they are protesting this administration and the other bozos in Washington and what they are trying to do to this country. It reminds me of the civil rights protest of the sixties. Tax paying law abiding citizens are fed up and are taking a stand. It will continue to gain momentum. The elections next year should be very interesting.
indeed! and they are not just protesting the left side. i have always ben on the right but i am voting against many of the current republicans in the next primary. we need CHANGE that will have to come from people that are not in there now, on both sides. i have never ben so excited for an election to come.
Old September 13th, 2009, 05:05 PM

hey z11375ss, didn't catch the jest. sorry 'bout that!
Old September 13th, 2009, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by jensenracing77
indeed! and they are not just protesting the left side. i have always ben on the right but i am voting against many of the current republicans in the next primary. we need CHANGE that will have to come from people that are not in there now, on both sides. i have never ben so excited for an election to come.
sounds like a vote for term limits to me
Old September 13th, 2009, 06:15 PM

I'm for it but the people that would vote for it would be voting themselves out of a job, so i doubt that it will ever happen.
Old September 13th, 2009, 07:13 PM
car guy

We have to get people in there that will vote themselves term limits. We have to get rid of the lobbiests running everything.
A site that is starting to draw some real steam. www.Blowoutcongress.com blue or red they all gotta go. The good ones can reapply if they want to come back.
Old September 13th, 2009, 09:14 PM
67 heavy metal

[quote=
my point is, just as gearhead78 has pointed out, we have been getting mind f*cked by the media long enough and are sick of it - we are also sick of what is going on in this country right now and these Tea Parties are just the beginning - we have to make these politicians be accountable TO US and the constitution - if there is a whole population out there that feels otherwise, lets let them have California, New York, and a few other states - they can seperate from the Union and live anyway they please and stay the h*ll out of our way!!! [/quote]

I see much of your point but at the moment I am stuck in NY so don't go cutting off this piece of the iceberg yet.I am tired of ny and the stupidity but I am unable to move out of the state fincialy yet.NY would do much better if NYC wasn't draining the rest of the state.

Originally Posted by gearheads78
We have to get people in there that will vote themselves term limits. We have to get rid of the lobbiests running everything.
A site that is starting to draw some real steam. www.Blowoutcongress.com blue or red they all gotta go. The good ones can reapply if they want to come back.
I wonder what is the problem with the oddball insted of the donky or elefant try somthing different for a change.So hard fought over ideals and many are flawed.
Old September 13th, 2009, 10:02 PM
is Fast Enough ...

Originally Posted by z11375ss
Don't get partisan or political. Keep it objective. This is not a political site. The Mods may turn you off. Some people here like Obama.
I can puff legally so can many others ...

I hate to say it but he saved the average joe a huge chunk of change ,,,
Old September 13th, 2009, 10:14 PM
is Fast Enough ...

Let's see last "liberal" government left the country with a surpluss ...

Last "conservative" government spent down everything + ...

I think California or NY could do all right on their own ...

San Diego/Orange counties in So.Ca. are so very uber conservative ...
Old September 14th, 2009, 02:20 AM

the American people have ben a sleeping giant. and they have awaken us. just like the Japanese man said after pearl harbor.