The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Happy Birthday Bluevista!

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Cutlass Lover

Happy Birthday Bluevista!

It's after midnight, so it's now officially Bluevista's birthday! And here is a lovely card we can all sign! I hope he can get on the site so he knows we're all sending him Happy Birthday thoughts!!

moreflowers015.jpg

moreflowers013.jpg
Old May 7th, 2010, 09:22 PM

LOL can't help but notice you reuse the card with sticky notes . Leaky sure looks happy.

Happy birthday Blue Vista. Day after mine. Well, actually, out in Ohio, I reckon it's the 8th. Mine was on the 6th. Anyhow, enjoy!

--Ryan
Old May 7th, 2010, 09:47 PM

[quote=yzzerdd;173146]LOL can't help but notice you reuse the card with sticky notes . It's the thought that counts! Happy B-Day Blusvista.
Old May 7th, 2010, 10:15 PM

Happy Birthday Blue Vista!!! Which of the seven do you most resemble???

John
Old May 7th, 2010, 10:43 PM
Grown Azz Kid

Blue....Happy B-Day....!!
Old May 8th, 2010, 04:03 AM
Registered

Thanks all! Happy belated birthday Ryan.

Thanks for the card Sandy, re-carding? I'm in tears, you spelled my name right!. My sister stopped by today and gave me a similar deal, something about how somebody as old as me and the band AC/DC are both over the hill. The band and me still rock...sometimes.
I can relate to all those guys on the card but it don't stop me.
What about forgetful dwarf who doesn't remember the switch on the back doors is for the windows and not the power locks and tears the car apart to see why it doesn't work?
I almost put my roof rack on backwards too.
The Vista is coming along just nicely, I tried a test section of woodgrain, it takes a certain touch, Tuesday morning a pro will be here to do it.
Ever see the the comedy routines with the flypaper???
The Three Stooges as paperhangers???

My PC is still acting up so I grabbed the Spongebob slime notebook, it's older party girl daughter's but she's still at the bar with her cousin watching the Cavs game. She's with her 6'4 250 pound rookie cop cousin with a baditude so it's okay, her mini-cop boyfriend had to work at the theater guarding movies.
My college daughter's ordered her fellow nerd brainiac high school friend to come over and fix my PC today.

Streetsyltucky flea market food court here I come, I would put in my teeth for vittles like the regulars but I still have all mine. I can buy some vintage candles and day old unclaimed cake from the vendors and make it a real birthday feast.
I've been hinting about the Elvis as a toreador fighting the mighty bull on black velvet painting, full size too, I can only hope and dream.
Redgoat wants to take me out to the Crazy Horse tonight.
Old May 8th, 2010, 04:07 AM

Happy b-day !!!!
Old May 8th, 2010, 05:10 AM
Registered Luser

I didn't know you still kept track! Happy 99th Allan....
Old May 8th, 2010, 05:22 AM

Happy Berfday Blue

You're catch'in up fast wit me and Pat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
depends.jpg (3.8 KB, 19 views)
Old May 8th, 2010, 06:27 AM

Have a happy blue b-day, Blue!!
Wait - that does not sound right...

Now you are a year older, are you more than a second smarter? I question that every time my day comes around and I refuse to think about it.

Easy on the beer now, unless the depends are handy...
Old May 8th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Cutlass Lover

Nope... No re-carding for me!! That's a never been used before card!I have a bunch of funny birthday cards I keep around. I like to buy "old" b-day cards for my family members, as I am the youngest of them, and I usually buy 4 or 5 cards at a time cause I always see such funny ones. I keep them on a shelf in the closet - you never know when you're gonna need one! I find putting the sticky note inside works well for posting on-line!! Personalized wishes.

Don't let Redgoat take you to the Crazy Horse!! No.... No... No!!! Just go to the Flea and have a gourmet meal and go home and have cake and ice cream. You're too old now for the Crazy Horse, LOL!! I'd hate to see you have a heart attack or something! Laura probably wouldn't like it either.

Anyhow, I hope you have a great birthday - hope the weather clears up and the sun shines for you today (like it was earlier)!!!
Old May 8th, 2010, 08:05 AM

What the heck is Crazy Horse? The shoe show?

Can I come along?
Old May 8th, 2010, 08:59 AM

Happy birthday Blue

A year older and a year wiser right! Did you learn anything since you last birthday? You have now joined Jamsbo and I in the "Old Farts Club" you can be the offical greater just like walmart. Party on dude
Old May 8th, 2010, 10:53 AM
71 & 72,now I want a 68

A very happy birthday wish for you!
Old May 8th, 2010, 04:44 PM

Happy Birthday Blue.
Old May 9th, 2010, 02:57 AM
Registered

Thanks again all, 99th Erik??

I would wear a tux and would have to approve of you for me to unhook the velvet rope to allow entrance if I were a greeter at THE Wal-Mart.

Had a good birthday, no drama, my big sister on top of the mountain actually called me and sang Happy Birthday, even invited me to visit.
She's handling my dad's estate and I found out I'm actually inheriting a few bucks.
I thought he took it all with him, enough to help with another year of college, had dreams of a new project for a fleeting moment.
The Vista or the goat were in real danger of being sold, if somebody offers me too much (over 20K) for the Vista I'll sell it right now...maybe, almost finished, no fun anymore.

My wife's present to me was that she ordered me a new Dustop car cover for the Vista, not sure who gets to pay for it? She always waits until the last minute so it will be a week or two, Omar the Tentmaker said it takes longer to make with the roof rack and spoiler.
I also Got a nicel Oldsmobile T-shirt from #1 daughter, #2 daughter won a 50 buck Auto Zone gift card at a raffle and gave it to me, good deal, she only entered the raffle to try and get the card for me, I got good kids.
They both gave me a 3x5 bright yellow flag with a black snake and writing on it. It's going up the flagpole out front, the inaugural flagraising ceremony is at sunrise, mmm...mmm...mmm.
Old May 9th, 2010, 08:01 AM

I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday! Consider yourself twice blessed, good kids and a wife who tolerates your car hobby

I've got a bright yellow T-shirt with a snake on it, fly it proudly!!!
Old May 9th, 2010, 07:03 PM
70 hulk

happy b-day from marysville, ohio
Old May 9th, 2010, 07:50 PM

Thanks for the good wishes Allan. Sounds like a pleasant birthday.

--Ryan
Old May 9th, 2010, 07:57 PM
GM Enthusiast

Hope you had a great birthday Allan!
Old May 9th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Cutlass Lover

Happy belated birthday, Ryan! Hope you had a good one!
Old May 9th, 2010, 09:23 PM

Thankyou Sandy. Oh, it was pretty good. Put a cat-back on my car. Not very loud, but sounds just as I wanted it to. Quiet when idling, quiet at cruise, good mellow roar when I romp on it. Replaced rear drum brakes, springs, wheel cylinders, and bled the brakes. Been a good birthday and weekend off. Made my famous chocolate mousse and had a small bowl.

Back to work tomorrow

--Ryan
Old May 10th, 2010, 03:01 AM
...should get a life....

Happy belated birthdays Allan & Ryan. Sound like you had great days & I hope there's many more to come.
Speaking of t-shirts, my Olds sweatshirt arrived in the post from Lansing today. It's so big I could use it as a sleeping bag. I hope the guy agrees to exchange it....it's not just a case of jumping in the car and taking it back. By the time a replacement arrives it'll be around birthday time.....November