The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Guess the hair color

Search this Thread

Old December 2nd, 2009, 04:58 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Guess the hair color

Many years ago when I was still dating my soon to be wife, we were at a party. Somehow the topic of personalized license plates came up. Well, my future Mrs is sitting right beside me (lookin as purty as a princess) and I blurt out: "Hey, did you hear the one about the blonde who wanted a personalized license plate?". Everyone looks at me waiting for the answer.... so I finished it off with: "she had her name legally changed to LRX912".

Well we all thought that was a gut buster until the future Mrs nudged me and said in a voice that everyone heard: "Honey, isn't that my license plate number?". We all lost it. The drive home wasn't as funny. Apparently the cold silent treatment is standard at about 2 days or until you buy a nice expensive present that rhymes with "faffire", "Memorold" or "Rew Bress n shus"

Yup, we're still married but I know when to stop now.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 06:10 PM

OK I got "fafire" and "Memorold", but what in the world is "Rew Bress n shus"?!?!??

oh wiat....new dress and shoes.....DUH!!!
Old December 2nd, 2009, 06:33 PM

Ah yes, to be married to a fair skinned blue eyed blond.

Was married less than two years, maybe even less than that. Stationed at RAF Mildenhall, working 3pm til 11pm. I get a call from the wife at work (no cells back then, it was the shop phone), and she wanted to bake cookies... wanted to know how to work the British stove. Fair question as its all marked in celsius. She didn't want to burn the goods. About 30 minutes later I'm elbows deep in a project and she called the shop. I yelled across the shop for the guy that got the phone to take a message.

I hear a smirk, a chuckle and the guys yells back "She wants to know if tub butter is the same as stick butter"

Ah, the memories....

John
Old December 2nd, 2009, 07:05 PM
71 & 72,now I want a 68

I too was blinded by the light and married a blonde,only my little lady does not care for the blonde jokes.

I'm only 4 years older than her,one time she asked me if TV had been around when I was a kid.

The first and only time she cleaned my car for me she used armor all on the steering wheel.

There was one time I come home from work,she tells me her sister tells her that her turn signal in front isn't working,she tells me "we have 60 and 100 watt light bulbs","will these be to bright for use in the turn signal?"

Her first car with a CD player,she wanted to know if she could listen to the CD and radio at the same time thru different speakers.

Old December 2nd, 2009, 07:20 PM

My blond wife is pretty smart but she has her moments. We were driving across Canada in 1987 to Montreal, (my home town). My wife (at the time girlfriend) had never been east so while we were driving (the 442) she mentioned that we should stop to get some money at her bank (Bank of Montreal). All of a sudden she says, "Oh my God, I never thought to ask you, do they have a Bank of Montreal in Mon...tre...al." She knew what she said just as she was finishing the sentence. I had to pull over I started laughing so hard.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 07:40 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by w-30dreamin
The first and only time she cleaned my car for me she used armor all on the steering wheel....
Good one!
Ever since I met my wife, she has never put gas in her car or washed it. She would go over to visit her Mom and Dad. He would take her car and wash it at least once a month. She never put gas in it. Always to a full service gas bar. Good luck finding one of those nowadays.

Anyway, the job of maintenance is on me now. So every week I check the oil, coolant, washer fluid, transmission, lights etc and go put gas in it. Then I swing by the car wash and pressure wash it down, vacuum and clean the glass, mirrors and dry it off. You can't stay in there long in the winter cause everybodys waiting, but when it's slow, I also armor all the wheels (not the steering one mind you) and make it look purdy. Then I take it back home. Usually she asks where I've been. My smart alek reply is usually: I had to put gas in the car, so while i was out, I also got it painted". She usually goes to see if I'm kidding. I don't remember if she's ever said thankyou, but it sort of goes with the territory. I would never want her to be stranded. She's too adorable.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 07:47 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by svnt442
OK I got "fafire" and "Memorold", but what in the world is "Rew Bress n shus"?!?!??

oh wiat....new dress and shoes.....DUH!!!
Uhhhh, what color is your hair?......
Old December 2nd, 2009, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Good one!
Ever since I met my wife, she has never put gas in her car or washed it. She would go over to visit her Mom and Dad. He would take her car and wash it at least once a month. She never put gas in it. Always to a full service gas bar. Good luck finding one of those nowadays.

Anyway, the job of maintenance is on me now. So every week I check the oil, coolant, washer fluid, transmission, lights etc and go put gas in it. Then I swing by the car wash and pressure wash it down, vacuum and clean the glass, mirrors and dry it off. You can't stay in there long in the winter cause everybodys waiting, but when it's slow, I also armor all the wheels (not the steering one mind you) and make it look purdy. Then I take it back home. Usually she asks where I've been. My smart alek reply is usually: I had to put gas in the car, so while i was out, I also got it painted". She usually goes to see if I'm kidding. I don't remember if she's ever said thankyou, but it sort of goes with the territory. I would never want her to be stranded. She's too adorable.
I hear you man. She must shop at the same store as my wife...."Princesses Are Us"
Old December 3rd, 2009, 04:29 AM

I can home to one of the Ex-"If the shoe fits buy it." one day and it was pouring down rain. When I drove in the drive, I noticed the sprinkler was on. I went to the hose bib and saw that the handle was completely distroyed. So I got a pair of pliers and turned off the sprinkler. When I went inside and ask "Madame Nu" [her nickname that will only be appreciated by us old pharts] why the sprinkler was on. She said, " I couldn't turn it off. I tired and I tried and it wouldn't turn, so I got a hammer to try to turn it off and it still wouldn't turn"

So I asked her, "Did it ever occur to you that just maybe, you were trying to turn it in the wrong direction?"

And she said, "No"
Old December 3rd, 2009, 05:00 AM
Registered

At least she noticed it was raining and didn't look up and drown before she got out the BFH Jamesbo.

My wife likes to start grease fires, once she took the flaming pan off the stove and set it on the linoleum kitchen floor and as it was melting through to the basement she was running around it in circles screaming "I got a fire!".
Nothing can compare to the mouse running up her pants leg though.

My wife is a blue eyed blond and so are both my daughters but I don't think hair color has anything to do with it.

Take long dark haired "710" Sandy for example.......

Dead man walking.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 05:11 AM

[HTML][Dead man walking./HTML]

Speaking of Blondes, This forum is the only place in the world void of Tiger Woods Jokes.

We need to fix that

Tiger Woods is so rich that he owns lots of expensive cars. Now he has a hole-in-one.

What's the difference between a car and a golf ball? Tiger can drive a ball 400 yards……...

What were Tiger Woods and his wife doing out at 2.30 in the morning? They went clubbing

Tiger Woods crashed into a fire hydrant and a tree. He couldn’t decide between a wood and an iron

Apparently, the only person who can beat Tiger Woods with a golf club is his wife

Tiger Woods should change his name to Cheetah.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 05:55 AM
Captain of my ship

Originally Posted by Bluevista
My wife is a blue eyed blond and so are both my daughters but I don't think hair color has anything to do with it.

Dead man walking.

Talk about playing with fire
Old December 3rd, 2009, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Tiger Woods should change his name to Cheetah.
Thanks for this info...
A buddy of mine here at work just popped this question on me and i knew just the answer to tell him...

I see slews more of kitty jokes a comin...

------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, so not blonde related, but just as bad:

WHAT is that red light on the dash? Hmmm.... Car still runs, so no prob...
<20 minutes later>
Engine is making strange noises... Could that be related to that red light? No - it still runs, I'll keep going.
<10 minutes later> <Smoke coming out from under car>
What is this? Hmmm... could be bad. Car is still moving. Hmmm.... I seem to be slowing down.
<KERCHUNK!>
Uh oh - car died. What happened? Key makes just a click. Is this the result of the red light? Nooone ever taught me what these lights are for - they cannot be that important...
Or are they???

This is my transscript of what was going through a friend's head a couple years ago.
Apparently the manual never came to mind.
After 3K for a new engine, she learned that loosing coolant is a BAD thing...
It was an import car, so no loss.

Last edited by Lady72nRob71; December 3rd, 2009 at 06:26 AM.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 06:36 AM
Cutlass Lover

Quote:

Dead man walking.

Yeah... What Wolfman said.

Did that tin foil hat you were wearin yesterday do something to your brain? I'm gonna assume that's your evil twin doin the talkin!!!
Old December 3rd, 2009, 07:59 AM

I am married to a blue eyed blond as well, have three blue eyed blond sons as well. I have brown eyes and gray (used to be red hair). Dumb blond jokes are a no no at my house.

Oldest son after graduating from high school went to disneyland with a couple of friends in his volkswagon rabbit. On the way back outside of Bakersfield CA. he noticed that when he went around a corner the oil light would come on thought nothing of it until he hit grants pass and the light stayed on all of the time, thought the light was bad, you guessed it froze the engine. My vacation that year was to go get the car and tow it home on a trailer install a new engine in time for him to go off to college. Still doesn't know a damn thing about cars, just buys another when the present one dies.

I also do the gas, wash the car, clean the car for my wife, to do otherwise would be a sin
Old December 3rd, 2009, 08:22 AM

"Hello Mister Woods, this is the On Star operator, we have detected
that an angry person has put a golf club through your window, we are
contacting Nike for a replacement club."
Old December 3rd, 2009, 08:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Quote:

Dead man walking.

Yeah... What Wolfman said.

Did that tin foil hat you were wearin yesterday do something to your brain? I'm gonna assume that's your evil twin doin the talkin!!!
ROTFL!

Don't look at me, he did it.

Poor old toofless Tiger, I really feel sorry for him.
He lied like a tiger rug.
It just goes to show money doesn't buy happiness...yeah right.

Chester Cheetah may not want to be associated with him.
Tiger's no cool dude in a loose mood now.

I wouldn't touch the yelling fore, wood, ball washer, "The Different Strokes" TV series, kitties, the back nine or "Can I play through?" jokes with a ten foot pole.
I'm in enough trouble already.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 09:28 AM
olds..older..oldest

Really!!

Married over 20 years to my 5'10" gorgeous,blonde,Dutch wife.This gal has 3 university degrees,speaks 5 languages,and is an accomplished artist,BUT...when it comes to vehicles,her brain just goes on strike. Event #1 : I come home and find our Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd. with the driver's side view mirror hanging off the door by it's "entrails"! The garage door woode trim is shattered,and the garage door metal guide is twisted and ripped from the wall. Ever so tactfully,I ask if .." she had any troubles with the vehicle?" "None at all" she replied sweetly.I took her gently to the garage to show her the carnage,where she was GENUINELY surprised at the "handiwork" before us. She gave me a peck on the cheek and said " you can fix it all,right?" Event #2 : Went out to get in my BMW540 a few years back,and noticed the rear passenger side tire flat and shredded on less-than-round BBS rims. I asked her if she had noted " any roughness in the ride back from the ski resort"[ 4 miles away]? "Yeah, maybe a bit on the corners" was her reply..."why do you ask?" When she saw the tire,she told me "I thought I might have a flat, but it was too cold to get out and check,and home was pretty close"!! Still married,and waiting for the next great escapade ...luckily,she doesn't drive my 442!
Old December 3rd, 2009, 09:37 AM
Cutlass Lover

Bluevista... You are funny!

I'm tired of the Tiger jokes already. He got busted - waaaaah - he shouldn't have done it in the first place!!!! But he's not the first one, and he won't be the last. Sometimes smart people don't act very smart! Cheetah is a good name for him!

Last edited by cutlassgal; December 3rd, 2009 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Redgoat made me
Old December 3rd, 2009, 09:39 AM

One more

He blamed it on his Caddy [Escalade]
Old December 3rd, 2009, 11:47 AM

He blamed it on his Caddy [Escalade]

I heard on the radio that he's half black and half Asian. The black half picked the wheels on the Escalade, the Asian half was driving.......
Old December 3rd, 2009, 12:22 PM
Cutlass Lover

Old December 3rd, 2009, 01:05 PM
71 cutlass convertible

The first and only time she cleaned my car for me she used armor all on the steering wheel.

[/quote]

My non blonde wife used armor all on the vinyl rear seats in our 68.

Her 2 blonde friends we took for a ride were less than gracful getting out in their skirts.
Larry
Old December 3rd, 2009, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by lshlsh2

My blond neighbor armor-alled her 4-wheeler seat, right before a ride.
Here are the details on that disaster...
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...html#post70630
Old December 6th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
My blond neighbor armor-alled her 4-wheeler seat, right before a ride.
Here are the details on that disaster...
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...html#post70630
No lie! Had the 72 detailed in 74. The shop either armoralled or put slick zip dressing all over the front seat. This was before seat belt laws and the price of gas was only 28 cents a gallon. Into the car I go, start it up. Sniffffff, smells nice in here, almost like the new car smell. Cooool!

Back out of the stall, ease up the the roadway. Gotta go left. On goes the blinky, check left, right, left - good to go. Just as I'm pulling out, some moron in the parking lane 3 cars down pulls out and boots it. This is looking a lot like a T bone that won't go on a BBQ so I punched the go juice and Josey bolted like a cheap ***** from an empty wallet! Just fine, there I was driving from the passenger side of the seat. Slid all the way across and couldn't stop myself. Good thing I had the steering wheel to hold onto. Went back and gave the shop a blast. They called out the "detailer" and asked what he did. Ran out of leather cleaner, so he used the silicone stuff they condition rubber floor mats with. I wanted to whack him on the back of the head. (ya know, how Gibbs does to Dinoozo all the time, right proby?) So, the owner apologized and gave me back 5 bucks. After that, I started using seatbelts just to be safe against mistakes that I made on my own. Woulda been nice to have bucket seats, but I don't. Also one of the reasons I like cloth seats better.
Old December 7th, 2009, 06:06 AM

Since this has sorta become a male chauvinist pig thread
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
white bride.jpg (27.4 KB, 20 views)
Old December 7th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Cutlass Lover

Jamesbo.... that is not southern gentleman like.... but it is funny!!!
Old December 7th, 2009, 06:47 AM

Man this thread is getting dangerous, No further comment from this corner.
Old December 7th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Registered

Talking You Rang?

The pic text makes perfect sense to me, you can never go wrong with white.
All those avocado, and poppy colored kitchen appliances and wedding dresses from the 70's are really dated now.

I have my mutts to wash the dishes when my wife isn't around.
Usually not many to wash because I just eat over the feeding trough in the kitchen and then all I have to do is wash the crumbs and stuff down the drain.

My friend Arnold "The Pig" Ziffel is the ultimate male chauvinist pig.
Miss Piggy dated him and she burns him so bad for his exploits in her memoirs that the book smells like baby back ribs cookin'.

I'm hungry.
I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today???

Next Tuesday...
Old December 7th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Cutlass Lover

Get out the tin foil hats guys!!!! He's on a roll today!
Old December 7th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Showed this to my wife (cause I like to live dangerously once in a while) and she said nothing at all. She even laughed a little (at me I think).
The she gently reminded me that our appliances are all stainless steel, and that its my job to polish chrome and other sh$%! Other than that, I don't get it. That's definitely not a picture of a dishwasher....I can thnk of much more appropriate things to do that would be more rewarding....

Isn't that why we invented paper plates and plastic cutlery? Free up your time for the "good stuff"?

Jamesbo, whattaya mean it's a male chauvinist pig thread. I had to look that up in pieces
Male - man, boy, masculine
Chauvinst - a type of wine (or is that whine)
pig - law enforcement officer
thread - a wonderful place to share ideas.

Therefore I have to disagree with you. This thread is really is great! I know we have ladies (females) who no doubt enjoy a good glass of - how do you say? Chauvinet wine? and may even be related to or whine about law enforcement officers. Therefore, I contend that this thread is .....
Just an ordinary conversation about things that look really nice to the eye of the beholder....while you may be talking your way out of a ticket for drinking and driving????

Yup, I know. I'm going straight to hell....... been told that b4 2.
Old December 7th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Cutlass Lover

Old December 7th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Registered

This thread is very edumacationable.

I never knew Arnold was a cop too.

Redgoat is getting restless...

I think it's this cold weather and the dreaded.... Cabin Fever!
It starts slow, I've seen it before, first the threads start getting weird and then they get weirder.

I'm just sitting here and Redgoat is looking at me like I'm a giant roasted chicken, I hope my wife gets home before Spring with some food.
I would send the flying bush pilot monkeys out for some but the weather has them grounded.
Bigfoot has some batter dipped and deep fried wolverine fingers but doesn't share nothin', the lousy Wookie wannabe.

Any good Flying Monkey recipes Jamesbro???
Old December 7th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Just an Olds Guy

This thread is very edumacationable.......Redgoat is getting restless... I'm just sitting here and Redgoat is looking at me like I'm a giant roasted chicken,.....................
Unleash the hounds, Let Redgoat run, he can't hide. We've got our spycoins tracking him
ah ha haha ha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha haha (pretend with me here, it's supposed to sound "evil", isn't it Scott???? Right #2 ?? Frau, smack him on the head for me willya? .......
Old December 7th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Cutlass Lover

....Redgoat is getting restless...

....I think it's this cold weather and the dreaded.... Cabin Fever!
It starts slow, I've seen it before, first the threads start getting weird and then they get weirder.

Oh dear.... it's gonna be a long winter!!!
Old December 7th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Slapped and chopped

Well here's one for ya. And if I'm lying may a bolt of lightning strike Redgoat dead....

I'm watching Draw 5 of the Roar of the Rings (Pre Olympic championship curling) at Rexall Place - The Oilers are on the road so no local hockey for awhile..... My lovely (blonde - remember the theme of this thread) wife is sitting beside me sharing some pickle/ham sausage/cheese and cracker snacks.

Every second commercial, they show that darn "Slap chop" thing where "Vince" is "getting America skinny again". So it's the 3rd time they've gone to this thing in the last 1/2 hour. As they pan in from the counter filled with stuff the slap chop can chop, my wife turns to me and says, (and I'm not making this up) "Why do they always show him chopping up the same thing over and over. They've got tons of other stuff there that I'd like to see him chop".

I looked over at her, knowing full well it was my decision to marry her and said, "You're kidding, right?" Must have sounded a little sarcastic because she just gave me 'the look' and repeated her question. So I told her it was like playing a DVD. "Oh, ok, but don't you think he should chop up something different so it makes the commerical less boring?" she asked. "Yup, you're right" I said. Partly because I agree and partly because this was like having a no fault accident.

Then out of the blue, she says "Isn't it amazing he can throw that other chopper in the sink without looking every single time? You should talk to your son about aiming when he pees..."

Me??? I'm the weird one - probably like Redgoat and Jamesbo - I like the part where he says "Check out my nuts, you're gonna love my nuts". Boy, was I dissappointed....so was my wife.....how bout you Sandy? check out this link: http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...+my+nuts&hl=en#

HEY!!! Redgoat, I think this guy would be a perfect playmate for ya!!!!
Old December 7th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Cutlass Lover

That's funny!! I think Redgoat could hurt Vince! The prostitute Vince assulted and got in trouble over really..... loved his nuts!!! She pretty much kicked his a$$!!!! LOL!!
Old December 7th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Registered

Linguini Martini Bikini

I just ordered a Slap Chop so I could slap my troubles away.
That Vince is good.

I wasn't disappointed not seeing his nuts that much.
That's okay... seen one you've seen them all.

When I'm working around the yard I have to take my nuts and set them in a wheelbarrow then push them around in front of me when I'm walking because they're so cumbersome and heavy.
The squirrels go after them and it freaks me out but luckily the dogs chase them away.

I have a bunch of Shagbark Hickory trees and I have to pick up tons of those nuts and they're too heavy for sacks so I have to wheel them.
I have a Sycamore tree in the back and I get all those monkeyball things that fall off them too.

On aim...
If it's inside tell him to put just the seat and not the lid down afterwards and blame it on the dog or the cat getting a drink...or any girl.

Outside creativity cannot be stifled.
Old December 7th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Cutlass Lover

You are nuts!!!!
Old December 8th, 2009, 03:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
You are nuts!!!!
Thank you!

We try harder.

Quick Reply: Guess the hair color