The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

4 wheelers!

Search this Thread

Old March 19th, 2009, 04:50 PM

4 wheelers!

does anyone ride 4 wheelers? if so where is the greatest place you ever rode? if anyone needs advice on honda 4 wheelers (expecialy 400EX and 450R) let me know. i have many years experience with rideing racing and freestyle with them. i have worked on them for 23 years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
3369300592_4383e20715.jpg (44.2 KB, 13 views)
Old March 19th, 2009, 06:43 PM

I don't post very much but when I saw the picture of the 4-wheeler going over a tent with the arny logo I couldn't resist. I don't race( too old and out of shape) but my one son raced a couple 400ex's and then went to Yamaha 450's. He is on his second one of those but had to take some time off since he got deployed to Iraq. I miss going with him, he races AWORKs and GNCC usually just around PA and WV. Remember 2nd place is the 1st looser!

Last edited by dhoff; March 19th, 2009 at 06:45 PM. Reason: ADD Quote
Old March 20th, 2009, 02:19 AM

i had a buddy that won pro class in the works series a couple years back. Rob Zimmerman. i am more of an MX guy and large jump guy. trees scare me to much to race woods.
Old March 20th, 2009, 05:06 AM

Sorry

Sorry My Gator has 6 wheels and a dump bed.
Old March 20th, 2009, 06:44 AM

A few years ago I rode my neighbor's Polaris Sportsman 800 around in a new housing development and almost got to jumping the berms. Not bad for a first time... Those top-heavy things sure don't corner like my go-kart though!

My neighbor's wife has a Polaris 650 (I think thats the #) and she can ride well at their deer lease in east TX. HOWEVER, I cringe when I see her riding the street and alley here at home...
Several years ago, on a day I was gone all day, she spent all day cleaning and polishing it up, including armor all everywhere, even on the seat. Apparently she kept sliding forward as she took it for a ride afterwards. In the street right in front of my house on the street, she pushed herself back HARD with her hand braced on the right grip and the gas lever. It launched forward hard and to the left. Luckily she was thrown off when she nailed the curb. She missed my brick mailbox by about a foot... Her 4-wheeler ended upsidedown in a crepe myrtle tree in my front yard! Ironically, there was a cop coming around the corner who helped her, her husband, and some passers by to get the 4-wheeler out of the tree. Even more ironically the cop knew her from the hospital she works at! No tickets were issued because she was on private property. Luckily she was unhurt aside from her ego. The 4-wheeler had a bent rim, broken brake lever, and messed-up steering components. My tree survived with only a few cracks in the trunk and low branches. A small patch of grass died where the gas spilled out. I have not seen her wash that thing since... I wish I could have seen that! I still bring it up from time to time with them for laughs. I think her husband got the biggest laugh. She still does not think it is funny...

Last edited by Lady72nRob71; March 20th, 2009 at 06:50 AM.