The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Growing up in the 60's

Search this Thread

Old November 27th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Cutlass Lover

I miss Blue and Redgoat too. Don't know why he dropped off of here. I could sure use a dose of his humor.
Old June 19th, 2012, 04:26 PM

growin up in the 60's

like the comedian said, If "you remember the 60's" ..you weren't there!

FNG here. Nam gun ship pilot with 72 CS 445 tri carbs / 69 TA Olds 455/ 02 TA Ram Air LS6.

Between here and LS1Tech I don't go anywhere else!

Great people!!
Old July 1st, 2012, 11:09 AM

1964... Made $1.25 an hour.... Gas was 39 cents a gallon
======================
Hmmmm.... 18 yr olds' wages was about 3 gallons an hour... today, let's see, I know a 21 yr old who is working for $10/hr... that's right about 3 gallons an hour also.

Life was simple in a lot of ways but Vietnam was aways on our minds.
================
Aye, I was too young for the draft but a lot of folks just a little older than me were subject to that. Unlike the previous generation, who kicked *** and took names in WWII, for a perceived good cause, the Vietnam war was for what? and obviously going nowhere. I think he hippies were right on that score, the big companies needed the war going to keep the business of making ordnance and padded gov't contracts going. Never mind the cost to the kids asked to serve. Here we are doing the same thing all over again.

Oil embargo and gas price doubled just before I got my driver's license. I'd take that 70c a gallon gas now though! I remember when gas prices could not be displayed correctly... because there was NO "1" for $1.xx prices, then again a few years later when the signs said "$1[unchangeable].xx[changed] but there was no option for "$2.xx" or [imagine that?!] 3.xx or higher! Thank goodness we have yet to hit the problem of "$1x.xx" per gallon signs.

Oh, and THIS is "In the Still of the Night":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBT3oDMCWpI