The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Firefox

Search this Thread

Old January 8th, 2015 | 06:15 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Firefox

I finally went to Firefox for a browser. Granted it does get rid of the pesky popups but it won't leave me signed in. I have checked all the boxes when I sign in but nothing works. Is this common or am I missing something?

Thanks Guys
Old January 8th, 2015 | 06:54 PM
Administrator

Go to the tools menu, click on options and make sure it's set up correctly for your needs.
Old January 9th, 2015 | 08:42 AM
Runner

You may need to ensure you have cookies enabled. Are you staying signed-in into any sites you go to or is CO the only one that is causing problems?
Old January 9th, 2015 | 09:16 AM

Get Adblock Plus to go with your Firefox and you'll never see the pop ups again.
I use Firefox for about 99% of my browsing and it never asks me to redo the passwords or log in again. I suspect you just have to tweak your settings. Also when logging into CO use the username and password boxes in the upper right. That should make it permanent.
Old January 9th, 2015 | 09:21 AM

Yep, make sure that you don't have Firefox in 'Private Browsing mode' (see Tools>Options). And do not use the 'Clear Recent History to clear the Cookies and the Site Preferences' option/function.
Old January 9th, 2015 | 10:04 AM
Frank Ignachuck

The combination of Firefox and Adblock Plus is fantastic. As FMB42 mentioned, if you use the "Clear Recent History" feature, be sure you only check off what you want to clear. It will remember your choices in the future.

Occasionally I have problems with "unresponsive script". If that happens, you need to reset Firefox and reinstall Adblock Plus.

Frank
Old January 10th, 2015 | 02:17 PM
Just the facts...

also, ff allows you to accept cookies on a per site basis, that is what you need to do for CO.

bill