The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

ePay - Girdle ad gone

Search this Thread

Old November 18th, 2013, 06:21 PM

ePay - Girdle ad gone

I had great fun with the faux poster board "main girdle" ad on FeePay.

They bitch about the ad not having any sales in 16 months, how about you revise the ad?

SO, I revise the ad.

The arssles then proceed to kill the ad.

It had 1000's of views and dozens of sill questions asked and answered.

I hope they read my reply.
==================================

Hello *the*rocketscientist,
After reviewing your eBay account, it appears that you have violated eBay's Direct Sales policy. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Violating listings have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

Offering additional items for sale outside of eBay isn't allowed. It is also not allowed to require purchases in addition to the item you are offering.

These practices are considered a way of avoiding eBay fees. Listings that try to avoid fees put sellers who pay their fees at a disadvantage. Also, they can create a poor buying experience. Buyers may mistakenly think that they are covered by eBay's buyer protection and feedback services when making these additional purchases.

To learn more about our avoiding eBay fees policy, please go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...umventing.html

You included this in your listing, " Make an offer if you think it's too pricey!.. " while not using a "Make an Offer" feature, this may invite members to buy on a direct transaction.

Please be advised that it is not permitted to sell directly to buyers through eBay, given that item details being handled away from the eBay site will no longer be covered by our trading services.

The eBay listing page is to be used to sell items through the eBay site. Sellers are not permitted to advertise their own off-eBay businesses in their listings, nor are they permitted to list an item on the site and seek to sell it, or more quantities of it, off eBay.

Also, please be advised that we don't permit links to outside sites--they create opportunities to purchase elsewhere, and so detract from eBay's overall efficiency and effectiveness. Also, once a user leaves eBay, we cannot guarantee the safety or quality of their experience. RocketScience442[at]hotmail[dot]com

You may revise your item provided that you will no longer offer it directly in a way that circumvents eBay listing and final value fees.

If you have more questions, contact our policy experts:
http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusr?que...main=email1254

Please be sure your future listings follow these guidelines. If they don't, they may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including restrictions of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.

Here are the listings that were removed:
150646769737 - Oldsmobile MAIN GIRDLE for Small Block 350 403 &c. Finest Chinesium!

We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.
Old November 30th, 2013, 10:44 AM

I was able to find the ad intact and re-list it for amusement.

Just FYI as far as what FeePay costs- they like to pretend that the buyers do not pay, as you know, and they hide well the costs from the seller- it just took me about 10 minutes to find my way to the page detailing what my balance is and exactly where those costs came from.

Sold a small item last week.
Disregarding shipping, which I only get from buyer and give to shipper:
114.73 Total

paypal fees 4.06
epay fees 12.97
Total fees 17.03 = 14.8% of the item price.

Just the facts, ma'am.
Old November 30th, 2013, 11:19 AM

East India Company and Parliament all in one huh?