The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Depressed??

Search this Thread

Old September 10th, 2009, 12:39 PM

Depressed??

I was so depressed last night thinking about the economy, health care, government health insurance, the wars, global warming, my savings, Social Security, my credit card debt.....

I called Lifeline.

Got a freakin' call center in Pakistan . I told them I was suicidal.

They got all excited and asked if I could drive a truck.....
Old September 10th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Cutlass Lover

OMG! That's funny right there & I don't care who you are!! It's also sad to think it could happen! Look Ma, No Hands... I love this Americaaann Ride...
Old September 10th, 2009, 01:17 PM

Old September 10th, 2009, 01:23 PM

Whats really funny, is it could happen.
Old September 10th, 2009, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by bulldog
Whats really funny, is it could happen.
Probably already has
Old September 10th, 2009, 07:53 PM
car guy

BAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Old September 10th, 2009, 08:13 PM

Stop watching/listening to the news for two months. None of it is any good...hide your money in a mattress and/or invest it in classic cars and have some fun!
Old September 11th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Cutlass Lover

Yeah, what he said!!
Old September 11th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Registered

Keep on Truckin' Infidels!

They probably really need truck driver's, the Pakistani truck driver's are all here.
I see those guys wearing white long sleeved dress shirts buttoned to the top, shiny black slacks and ultra-pointy black wing tipped Stetsons driving trucks all over the place.
Dressed like that could they be greasers?, or more the more affectionate term "greaseballs"?
You have to be old enough to remember, the fights at school between them and the hippies were epic, pretty one sided too.

Pakistani truck driving greasers? I shudder at the thought.

To wind down and get away I just get in the Vista, start her up and push in an old Sly and the Family Stone eight-track.
I go driving endlessly and I'm in blissfully ignorant la-la land just like way back when, and it's legal man!
Old September 11th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Cutlass Lover

As the song goes... " I've got the radio blastin... I got the windows rolled down... and I'm cruisin' these backroads on the outskirts of town... Well I can hear the wind blowin... hear the big engines' whine... When I'm cruisin' these backroads, all my troubles are behind..."
Aaahhh... Ricky Van... music for the soul!! A kinder, gentlier time......
Old September 15th, 2009, 05:45 AM
Captain of my ship

Originally Posted by Bluevista
They probably really need truck driver's, the Pakistani truck driver's are all here.
I see those guys wearing white long sleeved dress shirts buttoned to the top, shiny black slacks and ultra-pointy black wing tipped Stetsons driving trucks all over the place.
Dressed like that could they be greasers?, or more the more affectionate term "greaseballs"?
You have to be old enough to remember, the fights at school between them and the hippies were epic, pretty one sided too.

Pakistani truck driving greasers? I shudder at the thought.

To wind down and get away I just get in the Vista, start her up and push in an old Sly and the Family Stone eight-track.
I go driving endlessly and I'm in blissfully ignorant la-la land just like way back when, and it's legal man!
Sounds like you must have been one of those greaseballs.They are still around today but now they are called skinheads and run around with swaztikas tattoos
Old September 15th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Alb

depressed

According to the gov. The recession is over. Don't worry about health care that willbe free if you can't afford it. Don't know what to say about the wars or SS. There is no global warming, it is now called climate change. And just don't pay your credit cards. That too willbe taken care of.
Alb
P.S. What is a savings account ?