The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Chevy Silverado front brakes

Search this Thread

Old June 4th, 2021, 03:16 PM
Always room for one more

Chevy Silverado front brakes

Hi everyone.

Anyone ever done front brakes on a Silverado? Mine is an 02 2500HD. I assumed they'd be like giant A Body brakes, because they look like they'd be, but I've got myself in a dilemma. Bolts are out of the caliper, caliper moved about 1/2 inch. Now it won't move at all and the bolts of course won't line up. I keep trading up to a bigger hammer and so far nothing. The rotor turns so it's not all bound up.

It all seems obvious, but my question is, did I miss taking something off that is now bent and keeps things from moving back? Is there a pin of some sort or a tab that needs to be released? So far my searching gives me 1/2 ton stuff.

Thanks everyone.

Old June 4th, 2021, 03:27 PM
Administrator

Old June 4th, 2021, 08:33 PM
Always room for one more

Thanks Eric, exactly what I was looking for. I learned that these brakes are nowhere near A Body brakes. The caliper comes off a bracket, so I unbolted the caliper, and started pounding on the bracket. With the bracket still attached to the truck, I was going nowhere fast.

My phone showed that someone else posted here as well, but I see the post hasn't shown up yet. Thanks to that fellow too, I gave up too easily and the both of you came to my rescue and I appreciate it. The Chevy people aren't always this kind.