The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Cars are mostly called her because.......

Search this Thread

Old October 7th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Cutlass Lover

I'll have to do that!! Bluevista was telling me I need to add the list of Olds' I've had to my signature too. Being technologically challenged, I have to wait for my daughter to have time to help me! She gets soooo frustrated with me!
Old October 7th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Cutlass Lover

Lady probably WAS jealous.... we tend to get like that once in a while... meeooowww...hisshiss....
Old October 7th, 2009, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Lady probably WAS jealous.... we tend to get like that once in a while... meeooowww...hisshiss....
Yep... Lady #2 has been getting all the attention lately.
However, they BOTH have been enjoying the recent photo shoots together!
Double dating is not a bad thing...
Old October 7th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Cutlass Lover

As long as Lady #2 understands the time and attention Lady #1 needs, all should be well!! You should post a pic of your ladies!!
Old October 7th, 2009, 10:54 AM

The Golden Girls...

As long as Lady #2 understands the time and attention Lady #1 needs, all should be well!!
This might be an issue - I will find out when serious work begins this winter...

You should post a pic of your ladies!!
A couple are below - the first shows how they both glow in a late fall sunset...
While not Linda Vaughn (Miss Hurst Golden Shifter), Lady #2's colors are very similar!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_7080b.jpg (46.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_7088.jpg (48.1 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by Lady72nRob71; October 7th, 2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old October 7th, 2009, 11:20 AM

Just tell your two ladies no fighting now be good. That should work don't you think

Like that works at my house.
Old October 7th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Cutlass Lover

Yeah...Right... Sure!! Very lovely pictures Rob!! Thanks for posting them! She looks like the understanding type to me... but always remember, "when mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy...."
Old October 7th, 2009, 12:19 PM

I think her watch or braclelet scratched your ladies mirror. That's how cat fights begin.

Ya better get her down off the back seat before dark and the bugs come out. Or she's gonna look like a happy biker [bugs on her teeth]
Old October 7th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Cutlass Lover

I think her watch or braclelet scratched your ladies mirror. That's how cat fights begin.

Those are fightin words right there!!! My husband tells everyone -"she won't let me within 3 feet of the friggin car, and I bought it for her"!! Another of his favorites - "yea, she took down our wedding picture, and replaced it with a picture of the Cutlass"!! And my daughter has nerve enough to say, "Mom, it's just a CAR"...
No no, she's not just a car... she is a 72 Cutlass beautiful work of art!!!!!
Old October 7th, 2009, 05:35 PM

Those are fightin words right there!!! My husband tells everyone -"she won't let me within 3 feet of the friggin car, and I bought it for her"!! Another of his favorites - "yea, she took down our wedding picture, and replaced it with a picture of the Cutlass"!! And my daughter has nerve enough to say, "Mom, it's just a CAR"...
No no, she's not just a car... she is a 72 Cutlass beautiful work of art!!!!!

Gotta love the passion, another reason why we call them "She"
Old October 7th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Cutlass Lover

Yeah what he said!!! I am VERY VERY passionate about my car!!! If that guy changin her oil the other night would have even THOUGHT about leaning into those new grilles, I'd have had the tire iron out.... hell hath no fury....
Old October 7th, 2009, 07:03 PM

Because...if it's got **** or tires, it's going to cost you money... Most languages have masculine and feminine words. Some also have masculine, feminin and neutral...as in the boys are playing (Mas)...the girls are playing (fem) or the children are playing (Neu).

With that being said.....I have no frickin' idea why we call a car "she". Probably because as males we like to take care of things, and are expected to take care of our women, our cars, our house, our lawn etc. Women probably call a car "she" because it has become acceptable. Anyway right now I'll go turn on the big screen and sit down in front of HER and watch the hockey game.
Old October 7th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Cutlass Lover

LOL!
Old October 8th, 2009, 05:08 AM

Very lovely pictures Rob!! Thanks for posting them! She looks like the understanding type to me... but always remember, "when mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy...."
Many thanks... We had to do those quickly as the sun was setting faster than I had hoped. She wants to do more this weekend, so maybe we can get some better ones in more sunlight.

Not sure if she is understanding yet, but I will find out later (usually the hard way)...

The common phrase to the new grooms: "If she ain't happy, YOU ain't happy. And if she's not happy long enough, you won't be happy with only half of your stuff..."

BTW - great job on the sig pictures!

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
She should have bit the other one then - not the hand that restores her...

Last edited by Lady72nRob71; October 8th, 2009 at 05:10 AM.
Old October 8th, 2009, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
And if she's not happy long enough, you won't be happy with only half of your stuff..."

Well put Rob, But, ya know why divorce is so expensive?

BECAUSE IT'S WORTH IT.

"THANK GOD AND GREYHOUNDS SHE'S GONE".

Finally got me a keeper.
Old October 8th, 2009, 05:31 AM
Cutlass Lover

You guys crack me up!!!!! There are a few of us good ones out there!!!!!
Old October 8th, 2009, 06:23 AM

There are a few of us good ones out there!!!!!
Just VERY HARD to find! Dallas is the one of the worst places to look - and the years of trial and error really suk. Therefore I never tried the marriage thing. (I prefer to keep my $$...)

Good vintage cars are much easier for me to find... And if they were not exactly what I wanted, I could at least shape them into what I want! And if I no longer want them, I could just place a free ad on craigslist!

I can see in the future that TX may create drive-through divorse parlors, using the old fast food joints that have gone vacant...
Old October 8th, 2009, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
Just VERY HARD to find! Dallas is the one of the worst places to look - and the years of trial and error really suk. Therefore I never tried the marriage thing. (I prefer to keep my $$...)

Good vintage cars are much easier for me to find... And if they were not exactly what I wanted, I could at least shape them into what I want! And if I no longer want them, I could just place a free ad on craigslist!

I can see in the future that TX may create drive-through divorse parlors, using the old fast food joints that have gone vacant...
Since the majority of Texans have guns, wouldn't they call them "drive-by" divorce parlors
Old October 8th, 2009, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by 442much
Since the majority of Texans have guns, wouldn't they call them "drive-by" divorce parlors
Yep - cheaper and quicker, too! Sadly, I see it in the news about one case a day... And in most of those cases, they don't even need to drive!
Old October 8th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Cutlass Lover

Good one Rob! I have a few of those trial and error events under my belt too! My husband and daughter get so jealous of my car... and the cat... but I can talk to them, vent to them, talk about them, cry on them, etc.. and I don't have to worry about hurting their feelings, pizzing them off... sometimes easier to get along with than humans!! They don't talk back, or yell, though sometimes the cat will turn around and sit there with his back to me - full of CATITUDE! shut up and feed me lady.....
Old October 8th, 2009, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Ya better get her down off the back seat before dark and the bugs come out. Or she's gonna look like a happy biker [bugs on her teeth]
Given the way she strips chicken bones CLEAN to the hard bone, I do not think she would notice bugs (or even mind!)
Me - "Watch out for the toothpick in that hamburger."
Her - "What toothpick?" <having downed most in three bites..>

CATITUDE! shut up and feed me lady.....
Hehe... Most pets are like that...

Last edited by Lady72nRob71; October 8th, 2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old October 8th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Cutlass Lover

Old October 8th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Just A BaBy {:

well mine is just out of this world so ill just call it my little alien {:
Old October 8th, 2009, 02:00 PM

About 30 years ago I had a '66 GTO that I referred to as a "she", the girl that I was dating at the time asked why I did that, to which I replied "cuz if she gives me any trouble, I'll get rid of her". There was a sudden chill in the air.