The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Cars and coffee with two cars today

Search this Thread

Old July 7th, 2018, 01:29 PM

Cars and coffee with two cars today

I'm getting ambidextrous in car speak lately. Today my neighbor wanted to go to the Cars and Coffee show with me so I had him take my Miata while I took the 55, parked them side by side.The Old's guys speak one language the Miata guys speak another. My neighbor speaks nether, he is a custom pickup guy.

The Old's always draws a crowd but at this show today there was the Miata Club of Chico and a Sacramento Miata contingency there so lots of interest in the Miata today. My neighbor who is a car guy hadn't a clue what was being said most of the time and asked questions all day long. Fun for both of us.

I got a few friendly jabs on who belongs to the red ricer car from from a couple guys who know I swing both ways on classics and ricer sports cars Others wanted to know who brought the red boat (miata clubbers). I'm glad I feel at home with both. The most fun I have had at a show in a long time. I might do this again if the opportunity allows. Old guys can learn new tricks... Tedd..
Old July 7th, 2018, 07:20 PM
same but different

That says a lot about getting out of ones comfort zone. Besides, you never know what you'll learn or who you might meet.
What it comes down to, is car folks getting together sharing the independence the automobile gives us.
Old July 8th, 2018, 06:13 AM

It's all about the friendships you make and learning something new. I don't do the bars or clubs much anymore so car shows are my social outlet. I hope I don't tire of them because life could get pretty boring.... Tedd
Old July 8th, 2018, 07:48 AM
'87 Delta 88 Royale

Car guys read the same book, maybe not the same pages, or even the same chapter, but life would be very dull if we all thought in exactly the same way.

Roger.