The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Bad News for my dog, he needs surgery

Search this Thread

Old October 15th, 2012, 11:54 AM
71 cutlass convertible

Bad News for my dog, he needs surgery

Found out today my 10 year old lab/husky mix Ben, needs surgery on his knee. He blew out his ACL while playing. This wll be his second surgery in 3 months. He had 2 fatty tumours removed. He is in good health otherwise. I guess his dream of a sports career is over. He goes in to the vet on wed. morning. He has been a very sad dog as he cannot climb the stairs to our room at night to sleep. He has been sleeping down stairs.

Larry
Old October 15th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Always room for one more

Best of luck to Ben. He will soon be running and playing and sleeping upstairs.
Old October 15th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

I feel for ya. My best bud tucker astralian shep. lab mix has had a limp ever since he was a puppy from playing rough with a bigger dog . it does not limit his abilities vet say's if he is not in pain leave it alone but i know one day he will need surgery . I just dont wanna know how soon. we sahould start adding pics of our pet friends up here . It's amazing how our pets have a big impact on us . My dogs know when im sad , mad, I also know when they want certain things or when they are hungry etc.

big guy is tucker little guy is diesel.

Last edited by coppercutlass; October 15th, 2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old October 15th, 2012, 01:30 PM

People without pets just don't get it or understand how a dog or even a cat can become a family member. For 10 years your dog has been there with you. A fixture of your household. The first to greet you when you walk in the door. To him, you are the leader, he follows you and your commands and he wants to please you. There is a bond that is special. Some folks just don't get it and others just don't have the ability to understand. There are however people that care and they know and relate to what you're going through.

Chris
Old October 15th, 2012, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by hullinger
People without pets just don't get it or understand how a dog or even a cat can become a family member. For 10 years your dog has been there with you. A fixture of your household. The first to greet you when you walk in the door. To him, you are the leader, he follows you and your commands and he wants to please you. There is a bond that is special. Some folks just don't get it and others just don't have the ability to understand. There are however people that care and they know and relate to what you're going through.

Chris
Yes we do....Tedd
Old October 15th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Always room for one more

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. " -Unknown
Old October 17th, 2012, 11:11 AM
71 cutlass convertible

Good news he is out of surgery and doing well. He will be back home tomorrow. He should make a full recovery.

Larry
Old October 22nd, 2012, 12:43 PM
71 cutlass convertible

More progress, this weekend he has started using his leg again.

Larry