The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Annual All Olds Show in Alliance

Search this Thread

Old August 16th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Cutlass Lover

Annual All Olds Show in Alliance

Well, I spent all Saturday evening, until 1:00 this morning sweating my ??? off polishing chrome and detailing "the prettiest one" for the show today. Once again, no trophy. It was a nice show and I'm glad I went! I do have a nice dash plaque and a good sunburn to show for it! It was nice to be surrounded by all those Oldsmobiles! There were some real beautiful ones there, and a lot of parts! My big purchase today was a hat that says "Real women drive Oldsmobiles" Anyone else go today?
Old August 17th, 2009, 05:53 AM
Past Administrator

Didn't go but understand your disappointment with the results after all that work. But look at it this way, you are really doing it for yourself anyway so congratulate yourself on a job well done.
Old August 17th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Trying to remember member

I went, great show as usual. But I think the 90 deg heat kept attendance down some. Nice cars, great people.
Sorry I didn't run into you, cutlassgal.
Did meet lots of old friends. And did meet ColdWar, and found we had mutual friends, which is not uncommon in our relatively small Oldsmobile community.
Old August 17th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Registered

I was there. I saw your car (very nice) Cutlassgal but there wasn't anybody around the car every time I went by it, or were you sitting under the shade of the 5 massive saplings.
You will get trophies, it is a lot of work and can get really frustrating when you know your car is nicer than the winner/s, but your persistence will pay off.
My wife couldn't take the heat with her problems so I had to split the show sooner than expected or I would of stuck around longer and caught you guys.
I have no idea who anybody was so it may have been a problem catching you, need Classic Olds swag stuff like T-shirts, coffee mugs, dog sweaters, carburetor cozies would be very stylish.
Classic Coke has swag stuff, just put a piece of duct tape with Oldsmobile scrawled on it with magic marker over the Coke lettering.

I had my Homer Simpson "I'm here for the Beer" t-shirt on at the show that I said I would so I wasn't "incognitOlds".

3830042136_39ce396514.jpg

3830041692_7138fe31ea.jpg

3829242673_380295ac01.jpg

3829242189_6394678c0f.jpg

3830039174_065d75120d.jpg
Old August 17th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Cutlass Lover

Hey Bluevista! Nice pictures! I took a lot, but will have to talk my daughter in to putting them on here for me! So you liked my car?? She needs some work, but I'm proud! She can hold her own with the best of them Did you see the beautiful brown one to the left of mine? Well there were brown ones on both sides of me, but the one to the left only had 8000 miles on it. The chrome was perfect.... I was sooo jealous! God it was pretty. Surrounded by such beauty.....
I had my chair and stuff up under the pine trees to the right of where I was parked - there were people laying on blankets around. I walked around pretty much the whole time. I had on my white tank top with the picture of the Cutlass on it, and my hair put up in a clip. There were so many guys walking around - I probably passed you several times and didn't know it! I am really glad I went.
On the 24th is Olds, Pontiac and Buick night in Cuyahoga Falls at the Riverfront cruise in. I'm going to be there. Hopefully I can have Don Sitts dealership put on my parts by then, but I don't know. Don is a big sponser of the cruise in's and he's really nice. I'm looking forward to it
Old August 18th, 2009, 01:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Hey Bluevista! Nice pictures! I took a lot, but will have to talk my daughter in to putting them on here for me! So you liked my car?? She needs some work, but I'm proud! She can hold her own with the best of them Did you see the beautiful brown one to the left of mine? Well there were brown ones on both sides of me, but the one to the left only had 8000 miles on it. The chrome was perfect.... I was sooo jealous! God it was pretty. Surrounded by such beauty.....
I had my chair and stuff up under the pine trees to the right of where I was parked - there were people laying on blankets around. I walked around pretty much the whole time. I had on my white tank top with the picture of the Cutlass on it, and my hair put up in a clip. There were so many guys walking around - I probably passed you several times and didn't know it! I am really glad I went.
On the 24th is Olds, Pontiac and Buick night in Cuyahoga Falls at the Riverfront cruise in. I'm going to be there. Hopefully I can have Don Sitts dealership put on my parts by then, but I don't know. Don is a big sponser of the cruise in's and he's really nice. I'm looking forward to it

Don Sitts sponsors a lot at the Solon cruise, never dealt with him but seems to have a real good reputation and knows cars. He gave me the sponsors choice award a couple of years ago at Solon so he must know something.
Tell him you expect to be treated accordingly when he's giving out stuff at
the next show he sponsors, whatever it takes.

I checked out that brown car and it was really nice. They were judging your car when I was over there so I didn't want to get too close.
I was talking to one judge and the guy was wasted, had a few before the show I think.

I've heard that Riverfront Mall is a nice cruise, BOP night?
My GTO should make it that far.
Old August 18th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Cutlass Lover

Originally Posted by Bluevista
Don Sitts sponsors a lot at the Solon cruise, never dealt with him but seems to have a real good reputation and knows cars. He gave me the sponsors choice award a couple of years ago at Solon so he must know something.
Tell him you expect to be treated accordingly when he's giving out stuff at
the next show he sponsors, whatever it takes.

I checked out that brown car and it was really nice. They were judging your car when I was over there so I didn't want to get too close.
I was talking to one judge and the guy was wasted, had a few before the show I think.

I've heard that Riverfront Mall is a nice cruise, BOP night?
My GTO should make it that far.
Yes, Riverfront is nice. Crowded - a lot of people and lot of cars! I've only been there once and it was after 6pm and they only had 2 parking spaces left! Get there early!! I'm taking a half day off work on the 24th so I can get there early. It's kinda confusing getting in there. I talked to Don when I was there and told him I was ordering parts and he told me to call and talk to him when they came in, so I need to do that. They do nice detailing work too. You should come over on the 24th
Old August 18th, 2009, 12:14 PM

I was there for about 90 min's. around noon. I had a birthday party to go to. My Brother turned 62. Time goes by fast when your having fun! I saw CutlassGirl's Cutlass, nice car. I have a 72 Supreme I did years ago and never drove it buried in one of my buildings. I drove my 71 Royale conv. but didn't show it, I parked by Dunhams near the show. It seems something else is always going on when that Olds show is. I looked for a 1965 Jetstar I but didn't see it. They had a nice turn out. To bad I didn't meet anyone. We'll have to try to meet-up sometime. Ken
Old August 18th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Cutlass Lover

Thanks for the compliment, Kennybill! I think I took a picture of your car - parked out by herself???
Old August 18th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Yes, Riverfront is nice. Crowded - a lot of people and lot of cars! I've only been there once and it was after 6pm and they only had 2 parking spaces left! Get there early!! I'm taking a half day off work on the 24th so I can get there early. It's kinda confusing getting in there. I talked to Don when I was there and told him I was ordering parts and he told me to call and talk to him when they came in, so I need to do that. They do nice detailing work too. You should come over on the 24th
Confusing getting in? I'm scared now.

How do you get in? I literally get lost going around the block so make it good.
PM me if you want, I hate not knowing the directions I tell my my wife to tell me to go.
I'm not working that day so I can get there early if I can find it, is there a too early?

Taking Monday off to recuperate. I'm leaving early Thurday to take my baby girl to her first year of college in Illinois, way west on the banks of the Mississippi. Moving her in and then parent stuff and a parent-kid dinner on Friday.
It's a small school and very friendly, bunch of brothers wearing sandals everywhere, the type with brown robes on...Robin Hood Friar Tuck types. I head back later Saturday and be will be home early Sunday morning.
My goat has been out of action for a bit, probably spend later Sunday detailing her.
All depends on if I get the parts and the Vista Cruiser back together tomorrow so I can get the GTO out. I detailed the fuel tank straps and hardware and did a fuel tank installation dry run after I got home today.