The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Accomodations at the 2011 Oldsmobile Homecoming

Search this Thread

Old March 2nd, 2011, 08:07 AM

Post Accomodations at the 2011 Oldsmobile Homecoming

Greetings,

Could anyone please provide some feedback as to the accomodations available near the show at this year's 2011 Homecoming in Lansing, MI ? According to the flyer I received they are offering show guests reduced rates at the Comfort Inn & Suites, the Lansign Lexington Hotel and at the Ramada Inn. I was planning on taking the family down for the show therefore wanted to stay at a nice hotel/motel that had a little ambience. Has anyone statyed at either of these motels/hotels and do you have any recommendations as to which one would be the nicer of the 3 to stay at with the family?

cheers
Old March 3rd, 2011, 07:27 PM

Smile

I haven't stayed at any of the listed spots. I stayed at Fairfield Inn close to where the Lansing Lexington is located. Not much in the way of ambience for any of them, in all likelihood. Just make sure you go into Lansing Downtown and see the RE Olds Transportation Museum.
Old March 4th, 2011, 04:48 AM

Thank you for the feedback CW!
Old March 4th, 2011, 05:04 AM

What's the date this year?
Old March 4th, 2011, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Chesrown 67 OAI
What's the date this year?
Father's day weekend - June 17-19
Old March 10th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Crazy Canuck

My two little sons (6 & 11) and I made the trek last year and we stayed at the Comfort Inn. There were a ton of Olds travelers there as well. It was a nice place with an indoor pool that kept my kids busy. Nice and close to the Homecoming as well.

Wayne
Old March 11th, 2011, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by oldsca
My two little sons (6 & 11) and I made the trek last year and we stayed at the Comfort Inn. There were a ton of Olds travelers there as well. It was a nice place with an indoor pool that kept my kids busy. Nice and close to the Homecoming as well.

Wayne
Great! I've booked the Comfort Inn as it did read decent reviews from some of the travel websites as well!
Old March 11th, 2011, 06:38 PM

If you don't mind hanging out with the Alero guys, we have our pre-homecoming show on Friday. We have our show, Go to the RE Olds Musuem, trying to get a plant tour going, dinner at Hooters and then on Saturday, we make a left out of the hotel's parking lot and it's a 20 Alero convoy to homecoming. The President of our Chapter has a 64 Cutlass and if his father comes, he's got either a 71 or 72 (I can't remember)

I help put on our show and I've been trying to get the word out every year that we have this show. Channel 10 Lansing has been comming out, but they've only been out twice. No reporter, just a camera man.

We stay at the Ramada Inn on Saganaw
Old March 15th, 2011, 04:46 PM

Thumbs up

GOOD Info! I FORGOT about the homecoming this year! I haven't been in so long, i need to TRY and do it this year! Helpful pointers on these Hotels! Thanks!
Old March 22nd, 2011, 02:42 PM

I'm already registered to go to the Homecoming also. This is the first time I ever gone. I hope it's a great turnout! Not sure yet where I will spend Saturday night whether it be down there or in Sarnia.. Are you all driving your cars down?

I want to check out the Olds museum too at some point as that too I have never seen. Are any of you taking part in the Sat. cruise mentioned in the letter to registrants?
Old March 23rd, 2011, 07:18 AM

Smile

Hey 1964CutlassSC!

yes, I am planning on driving one of the Rallye's down. If you or oldsca would like to convey down together, let me know. You'll both be passing by Newmarket on your way down so we can easily meet somewhere on the way (say somewhere off the 400?!). I figure on gettting out by 10am Monday to get down to the hotel by around 4pm (depending on traffic and border crossing). Let me know if you're interested?!
Old March 23rd, 2011, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by rallye350
Hey 1964CutlassSC!

yes, I am planning on driving one of the Rallye's down. If you or oldsca would like to convey down together, let me know. You'll both be passing by Newmarket on your way down so we can easily meet somewhere on the way (say somewhere off the 400?!). I figure on gettting out by 10am Monday to get down to the hotel by around 4pm (depending on traffic and border crossing). Let me know if you're interested?!
Hi there!

I definately would be interested in convoying if we are all going the same day. Did you mean Friday, not Monday? I have an offer to meet up and travel with Dave from the former Olds Club of Canada as he is leaving his place on Saturday from London if I want. I haven't made up my mind yet 100% what my plan is.

Let me know what your plans are! Wayne (OldsCA), you too!

TTYL!
Craig
Old March 23rd, 2011, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by 1964CutlassSC
Hi there!

I definately would be interested in convoying if we are all going the same day. Did you mean Friday, not Monday? I have an offer to meet up and travel with Dave from the former Olds Club of Canada as he is leaving his place on Saturday from London if I want. I haven't made up my mind yet 100% what my plan is.

Let me know what your plans are! Wayne (OldsCA), you too!

TTYL!
Craig
My bad! Yes.. I meant Friday. If either of you gents (or anyone else in the GTA area) plans to head down to the Homecoming show Friday morning, pm and I'll send you my cell number and we'll coordinate!

cheers!
Old March 30th, 2011, 01:49 PM

All booked at the Comfort Inn for Friday and Saturday. Can't wait! It should be a great weekend. Looking forward to you joining us too, Wayne!
Old March 30th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Crazy Canuck

Booked last night. Should be a nice little convoy to Lansing. My boys are already pumped for it.
Cheers,
Wayne
Old March 31st, 2011, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by oldsca
Booked last night. Should be a nice little convoy to Lansing. My boys are already pumped for it.
Cheers,
Wayne
Awesome! My son is too so it should be a good time for all!