Rotisserie info

Search this Thread

Old September 13th, 2011, 11:41 AM

Rotisserie info

Well, it's been a while since I've mentioned anything about my car and the progress of my resto. Things got busy with work and the day to day things associated with family and life took precedence.

A little over a year ago I was in the process of removing the interior and cleaning up the inside of the car. The rear floor pans needed attention so I ordered new pans earlier this year and that's where I stopped.

Things are starting to level off (slightly) and I'm slowly picking up where I left off.

That being said...

I've been looking around and comparing the various rotisserie devices on the market and stumbled upon a "New spin on an old concept" - The Roller Hoop rotisserie. Interesting....

I called the company and asked if there was a local shop with one of their products setup for viewing. The young lady informed me they were shipping one of their products to a gentleman in Houston and that was the closest one to me (4 hrs away). I left my contact information and shortly after, I received and email from the Owner/designer of this concept and he's a 30 year veteran in car restorations and feels this is a better and efficient way of detailing your restoration project. In fact, I believe he's a member here (auto doug) and posted info about this product a year or so back.

Not a bad concept...

Anyone with traditional traditional rotisserie experience or this new Roller Hoop, please shed some light on these devices?

Why one over the other (besides the obviou$)?

http://www.rollerhoop.com/index.html

The Derek Weaver shop is down the road from my house so I'll be viewing/inspecting their products soon.

http://www.derekweaver.com/update/W-...uct.aspx?id=63

TIA for the comments, concerns, critiques, and recommendations.