Rear suspension control arm bushings

Search this Thread

Old October 31st, 2015, 09:03 AM
Captain Starfire

Rear suspension control arm bushings

Does anybody know if the rear bushings in '64 full-size cars would interchange with anything else, like maybe a full-size Chevvy of the same year?

I planned to replace all of the rear C/A bushings, but the ones I can find must be made out of gold, as they average around $75 apiece. Also, I'm not sure whether it's only one part number for all 8 holes: up & down arms prolly take different bushings. But I've seen a source that says that fore and aft on the same C/A are different.

I can always wait 'til I pull 'em to measure, but it would be nice to have 'em in advance.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; October 31st, 2015 at 09:06 AM.
Old November 1st, 2015, 09:23 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Bee-Oh-Pee
Does anybody know if the rear bushings in '64 full-size cars would interchange with anything else, like maybe a full-size Chevvy of the same year?

I planned to replace all of the rear C/A bushings, but the ones I can find must be made out of gold, as they average around $75 apiece. Also, I'm not sure whether it's only one part number for all 8 holes: up & down arms prolly take different bushings. But I've seen a source that says that fore and aft on the same C/A are different.

I can always wait 'til I pull 'em to measure, but it would be nice to have 'em in advance.
The rear control arm bushings are unique to the 1963-64 Olds full size cars. Chevy only uses a three link rear suspension in those years. That's why they are expensive - there is a small market for replacement parts and little demand. Welcome to the world of non-mainstream cars. Also, all eight bushings should be the same.
Old November 1st, 2015, 09:42 AM
Captain Starfire

Thanks very much, Joe. There's some good news there too, as I wasn't really expecting a positive answer to the first part.