Mission accomplished!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old April 6th, 2012, 02:49 PM

Mission accomplished!!!!!!

Whats up fellas
What a Good Friday its been! After six hours of work today she is finally done! Only had the drivers side CAs, spring, sway bar, and end links left. It went pretty quick next thing i knew i was lubing the joints and torquing. Havent took her for a spin yet cleaning up the garage so both cars can get in. Got one question though........how do i torque the UCA bushing nut on drivers side rear thats the last man standing?

Im already super satisfied with the new height, looks 100% better and i know i wont bottom out anymore so cant wait to turn some corners!

Thanks to all who helped me make it through this it was quite fun and frustrating but well worth it. Beers and shots all around.

Now of to the rest of the little things........see you guys around the site

Have a great weekend!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_20120406_163329.jpg (76.4 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_20120406_163413.jpg (51.8 KB, 44 views)
Old April 6th, 2012, 06:48 PM
72 Olds CS

looks good leroy

"its finally done"

you forgot to put the "for now" after that LOL
Old April 6th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by leroycjr
Whats up fellas
What a Good Friday its been! After six hours of work today she is finally done! Only had the drivers side CAs, spring, sway bar, and end links left. It went pretty quick next thing i knew i was lubing the joints and torquing. Havent took her for a spin yet cleaning up the garage so both cars can get in. Got one question though........how do i torque the UCA bushing nut on drivers side rear thats the last man standing?
Good stuff! My car still has the inner liners out, so doing the CA's was easier. For you though, I'd suggest using a universal joint on your socket extension. Probably easier to get it there with the master cylinder in the way like that.

Before you go ripping around the corners though, You need to get the wheel alignment done. The car looks like it's got the right stance.
Old April 6th, 2012, 08:42 PM

Allen - Yeah the stance is great I couldn't stop looking at it from a distance. I got at least 2.5 inches on the front. To get that bolt I just went to sears and picked up a 15/16 stubby on it. Going to try to get a alignment in the morning.

Ranger - yeah I'm already putting my head in the CM for the next project lol!
Old April 7th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Once Olds Always Olds

Cool Leroy, you are so far ahead of me. I'm down at least for 8 weeks. Steering box and pump rebuild. Out of curiousity, what does it measure from the ground to the center of wheel well crome?
Old April 7th, 2012, 10:34 AM

Troy i measured from ground thru center cap to chrome on wheel well and that's 26 inches. I went from being only able to put my hand in the well horizontal and still bending some. To now putting hand in vertical and touch even on tire and well chrome. Its a great stance!
Old April 7th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Troys Toy 70
Cool Leroy, you are so far ahead of me. I'm down at least for 8 weeks. Steering box and pump rebuild. Out of curiousity, what does it measure from the ground to the center of wheel well crome?
Troy, can I suggest that you also look at the 70 Assembly Manual? It also has ride heights listed on page 27. http://wildaboutcarsonline.com/membe...8/70_Sec_0.pdf
Old April 7th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Once Olds Always Olds

Originally Posted by leroycjr
Troy i measured from ground thru center cap to chrome on wheel well and that's 26 inches. I went from being only able to put my hand in the well horizontal and still bending some. To now putting hand in vertical and touch even on tire and well chrome. Its a great stance!
That sounds good. I'm looking forward to hearing how you like the ride. I'll probably order my parts first of the week (I think I just tell RA that I just the the "Rob Suspension Package", maybe save some time instead of clicking all the parts.) Congrads... Keep smilin and keep working.
Old April 7th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Once Olds Always Olds

Originally Posted by Allan R
Troy, can I suggest that you also look at the 70 Assembly Manual? It also has ride heights listed on page 27. http://wildaboutcarsonline.com/membe...8/70_Sec_0.pdf
Absolutely you can suggest. I joined the Wild About Cars sight (from one of your posts on another thread.) been reviewing the CSM, but haven't looked at the assembly mannual. I think everyone here is great, and it has helped me a lot. Heck, you might as well jump on my front end thread. Rob is about 42 MAW's ahead of you. Thanks.
Old April 8th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Troys Toy 70
Absolutely you can suggest. I joined the Wild About Cars sight (from one of your posts on another thread.) been reviewing the CSM, but haven't looked at the assembly mannual. I think everyone here is great, and it has helped me a lot. Heck, you might as well jump on my front end thread. Rob is about 42 MAW's ahead of you. Thanks.
Yeah, I get that! He 'inspired' me a lot last year with his helpful suggestions.. It's like a disease I've caught, now I do the same thing to others. When you get around to reviewing the AM, you will probably be able to relate more to the way the car goes together. It has mostly pics of OLDS design sheets showing a huge amount of intricate detail. There's an index at the front that shows where to look, and best of all, the e-file will let you zoom in to see the details up close with real clarity. You can print just the page you want, or the whole section. Front end rebuild I found was a bit intimidating AT FIRST, but then it got more comfortable.