Fiberglass hood manufacturers

Search this Thread

Old December 4th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Busted Knuckles

Fiberglass hood manufacturers

Hoping somebody know the manufacturer of the g body hoods with the 70's style W-30ish hood scoops and turn lock pins. I have seen a few photos on the net of cutlass & 442 with these hoods but cant seem to track a manufacturer. If I did this correctly I have attached two photos I found online to show what I am looking for.

Last edited by Ducman; December 4th, 2007 at 08:01 PM.
Old December 5th, 2007, 02:59 AM
Michigan frostbyte

Talking Cutlass hood

I purchased one of these hoods for my cutlass and was very happy with it. Mine uses standard car hinges and the lock down style pins. I actually bought the hood on ebay from a seller by the name of TAMRAZ and here is alink to one of his hoods just like I bought http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-...QQcmdZViewItem there are a few more sellers of these hoods on ebay like the parts place just do a search in classic car parts in ebay motors and type in cutlass hood in the search field. The hood I have was actually manufactured by Fibertech and ia all fiberglass "no steel frame" but if you have a 1970 cutlass there are aftermarket hoods that have fiberglass over steel and tamraz sells them as well as the lockdown pins. This guy has it all and his prices are pretty good. I did a lot of shopping before I found him on ebay and no I don't work for him, I just found he had a lot of stuff I needed.
Hope this helps
Old December 5th, 2007, 06:56 AM
Busted Knuckles

Dang, I left out the important part ! Its for a 86 442 not a 70's model. like this one:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...&tbnw=111&prev=