Anyone had floor pans redone?

Search this Thread

Old April 26th, 2009, 03:21 PM

Anyone had floor pans redone?

I just stripped the carpet out of my car and discovered a fist sized hole on the drivers side. The rest of the metal around it isn't to great either so i wouldnt try and put a patch over it or anything. Im thinking about a sectional replacement like the one year one has item number BN148LH. Im not going to try and install it myself so id like to know what to expect when i go to the body shop.

Has anyone had this done? How many hours did it take? How much sound i expect to spend assuming my body man charges $60 an hr? Should i just spend the extra money and have a full floor pan put in since the floor surrounding the hole has mild surface rust and will require sanding etc?
Old April 26th, 2009, 03:46 PM
olds..older..oldest

floo replacement

Just had my driver's side pan done front to back.I think if you've got "fist-sized holes" and rust,ya gotta do the hole pan.The shop here that did mine[Ontario] took 3 days,and I know they worked on it pretty steady,'cause I dropped in twice unannounced to check on progress.They did a near- seamless job and as I'm 6'5",also moved back my seat bases/bolts and welded in new console brackets for my 4-spd.The interior was primed and the exterior was undercoated...final cost $1000.00. Make sure they support the car on proper jigs to prevent frame flex and problems with door and window tolerances when they set it back down.I'll be posting pics on the 442 forum when my daughter shows me how! Derek
Old April 26th, 2009, 04:01 PM

thanks. Did you provide them with the parts or was it 1000 for parts and labor. That doesn't sound bad at all considering body work can cost a lot more than that. It never even occurred to me that i could have the seat bolts moved back which is just what i need since im 6'2, thats a pretty good idea.