aftermarket body parts for 83 delta 88

Search this Thread

Old October 19th, 2008, 04:46 PM

aftermarket body parts for 83 delta 88

i plan to restore my 83 delta 88 back to original body wise in the future and have a few questions about some parts.

are the outer door window felts (belt mouldings) the same as the caprice in that year for the 4 door models? the ones on mine are literally shot and are rotting the bottoms of the doors out.

what doors will interchange for that year? i heard from a friend that the 77-85 impala and the 80-90 caprice should fit. would buy new ones from gmpartsdirect but they are a little out of my price range lol.

if anyone knows of any other places other than gmpartsdirect or jc whitney to get good restoration parts for my car its greatly appreciated. im looking for mainly body and interior parts.

thanks for the help.
Old October 19th, 2008, 05:30 PM

found some of the stuff i needed at newgmparts.com

mostly exterior metal parts like the doors,trunk lid and rear 1/4 panels is what im after.

Last edited by mjc79; October 19th, 2008 at 05:32 PM.
Old October 19th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Old(s) Fart

The B-body cars are not that popular so the aftermarket has not tooled up for much in the way of replacement parts. Good used sheetmetal is your best bet. A few things to be aware of. The 77-79 cars are different from the firewall forward from the 80-85 cars. Also, Custom Cruiser fenders and doors of any year will not fit sedans. All B-body wagons use the Chevrolet doors, which do not have the Olds feature line that runs about 3" down from the fender peak. The Custom Cruiser front fenders are unique to those wagons. The hood, grilles, and front bumper will fit the corresponding year sedans, however.

Weatherstripping and other rubber products are still available from GM in some cases, or you can get most of it from www.steelerubber.com. Most of the rubber parts will interchange with the same year Caprice parts, though be aware that Olds had an optional wide stainless trim at the window beltline. Those window rubber parts are not the same on the Chevies.
Old October 19th, 2008, 06:17 PM

thanks for that site. so basically if i cant find exterior metal cheap new, i should look for the 80-85 model delta 88 just to be on the safe side incase i go used?
Old October 19th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

You have to make your own patch panels or cut them from another.

I do believe you can make custom cruiser front fenders work. The only differences to my knowledge are the body swoop across the top of the fender, and the fender flares. I like the Custom Cruiser fenders better. Shame they didn't put them on 80-85 deltas and 98s.
Old October 19th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Thumbs up

Joe, If you know of more differences, please elaborate.

Also, I believe the 80-85 buick Lesabre doors will all interchange. The difference on those is only the lock cylinder trim from what I remember.
Old October 20th, 2008, 04:14 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by J-(Chicago)
You have to make your own patch panels or cut them from another.

I do believe you can make custom cruiser front fenders work. The only differences to my knowledge are the body swoop across the top of the fender, and the fender flares. I like the Custom Cruiser fenders better. Shame they didn't put them on 80-85 deltas and 98s.
The Custom Cruiser front fenders will bolt up to a Delta, but they will not match the contour of the door. That's not exactly "working" in my book. Around here, that vintage Custom Cruiser is getting hard to find. I bought an entire parts car to get the front fenders.
Old October 20th, 2008, 06:12 AM

B bodies are cool.
Old October 20th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
Around here, that vintage Custom Cruiser is getting hard to find. I bought an entire parts car to get the front fenders.
They are getting few and far between around here as well. I just saw a real nice one in a White Castle drive thru 2 weeks ago, and was in shock that it was even there. They're just not hip anymore I guess.
Out of style like big afro haircuts and bell bottoms.
Old October 20th, 2008, 07:54 AM
car guy

I am about to crush a 84 Model Delta 88 with lots of good sheet metal. No motor or interior $150.00 you can come get it or $250.00 I will remove the doors and what ever you want and throw on a pallet. You pay the freight cost.

-Richard
Old October 20th, 2008, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by gearheads78
I am about to crush a 84 Model Delta 88 with lots of good sheet metal. No motor or interior $150.00 you can come get it or $250.00 I will remove the doors and what ever you want and throw on a pallet. You pay the freight cost.

-Richard

man too bad it wasnt tax season, i'd take the whole car off your hands lol.

trying to buy the lot next to me so i can build a nice sized shop for all my car parts.
Old January 28th, 2010, 11:11 PM

Lightbulb Re:aftermarket body parts for 83 delta 88

Online stores for aftermarket auto parts are gaining popularity owing to the ease of shopping and competitive pricing they offer. You will find various online stores selling restoration parts for your Oldsmobile Delta 88. In fact, I came across 1aauto.com while looking for Oldsmobile Aftermarket Auto Body Parts and was mighty impressed with their large inventory. They seem to have aftermarket auto body parts for cars of almost all makes and models and offer great services like free, same day shipping; technical support; hassle-free returns; etc. They also claim that their prices are often as low as 1/3rd of dealer prices. I think it should be worth your while to check out their Oldsmobile aftermarket parts inventory.