'70 442 Springs - factory ride height. Who makes them ??

Old May 5th, 2019, 04:40 AM

'70 442 Springs - factory ride height. Who makes them ??

When restoring the chassis & drive line on my '70 W30 I replaced the front & rear springs as the originals had sagged. I bought MOOG's after spending an hour trying to work out what was the correct ones for the car to match OEM ride height - as their range of options was quite significant. The result is I've clearly selected the wrong ones and now with the drive train together & body on its exactly 2 inches too heigh. Yes, the suspension wasn't tightened up until all the weight was on.
I have seen posts on Facebook previously on this topic where there were comments that the ILT springs deliver the right ride height so before I order another set I'm keen to hear if anyone has used the ILT springs or knows who else does make them. Factory ride height is what I'm looking for. Appreciate your thoughts. Thanks

Old May 5th, 2019, 05:12 AM

Eaton Springs advertises stock ride height for both front and rear along with lower and higher options.
Im looking to order some myself and was looking for advice, recommendations or experiences with this also.
Old May 5th, 2019, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by scrappie View Post
Eaton Springs advertises stock ride height for both front and rear along with lower and higher options.
Im looking to order some myself and was looking for advice, recommendations or experiences with this also.
Good timing for us both. I just looked at the ILT catalog and they list the rears but don't seem to have the front's. I'll look into the Eaton springs. Thanks for the tip.
Old May 5th, 2019, 07:25 AM

Forget about MOOG absolute trash!!! I have not had a good experience with a moog spring in years if not decades. Eaton Or UMI Performance both have the factory specs for exactly what you need and both manufacture there own products. UMI is a little cheaper to purchase. I have used both.
Old May 5th, 2019, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by 68442 View Post
Forget about MOOG absolute trash!!! I have not had a good experience with a moog spring in years if not decades. Eaton Or UMI Performance both have the factory specs for exactly what you need and both manufacture there own products. UMI is a little cheaper to purchase. I have used both.
Thanks so much for your feedback 68442. I'll get onto their websites and make contact. My car went to the panel shop today for surgery on the fenders so I'll have a month by it gets back here to get things sorted and new springs ordered. Changing them over will be a good task for winter here in Australia. Cheers Rohan