69 442 Fender Emblem placement

Search this Thread

Old April 22nd, 2008, 10:33 AM

69 442 Fender Emblem placement

I'm new to the Olds family, although I have worked on many cars. This is my first Olds. I bought a 69 442 needing a total restoration. My first phase was disassemby, and then getting the body panels in shape. In that process, I did a very supid thing. I know better and feel real stupid, but I guess I had a senior moment (I'm approaching 60). The front fenders were rusted as usual and had some creases, so I purchased 2 very good replacements. I knew these were from a Cutlass and not a 442, but in my haste I discarded the old fenders prior to making a template for the 442 emblems. I knew I screwed up as soon as they were gone, but it was too late. I hope this post is not too long and I will take the heat, if someone in the forum can tell me the location of the emblems, or has a template available. I have all the manuals (service, body, and Assembly) but they do not have exact locations.
Old April 27th, 2008, 09:34 PM

1969 Emblem Locations

If you keep striking out let me know, with your help I may be able to make a template for you. John
Old April 29th, 2008, 07:25 PM

69 Emblem location

John, thanks for the reply. I live in central Texas (near Waco) and have been trying to find some help locally, but there are only a few Olds guys around and I can't find a 69 442 to use as a guide. I'm still trying, but any help you could give me would be greatrly appreciated. On most of my other fender replacements I have made templates (heavy paper) from the old fender. I still can't believe I tossed the old fenders on the 442!!!. I do what I would call very nice driver restorations for myself and I sure don't want the emblems in the wrong place. Again any help would be great, template, drawing with dimensions, or ???. I know you are doing this to help out a new Olds restorer, but I would insist on covering any cost you might have. I am new to Olds, and I am amazed at how much better the build and construction quality is compared to other makes I have worked on. I'm enjoying getting started. Ross
Old October 22nd, 2008, 07:14 PM

69 442 Fender Emblem template

I am posting this reply to let the forum know that thanks to '2blu442' (John), I now have part of an original 69 442 fender that can be used as a templete for emblem location. John was willing to take the time to help a fellow Olds guy out and didn't really want anything in return. I only know him thru this forum, but I would trust anything he said. He is an honest, truly nice fellow. He did want me to let the forum know that this fender is available to any other forum member that might have a need for it.

I know that 2blu442 sells parts, and I would say that you should feel completely safe in buying from him.