WTB- 62 F85 Convertible.

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2019, 08:03 PM

WTB- 62 F85 Convertible.

I'm looking for a '62 and '62 only F85 convertible in excellent condition. I don't care if it's a Cutlass or Sport. I don't really want a Jetfire. What I DO really want, is a manual transmission in it. The ultimate being a 4 speed, but a 3 speed might do. I know, almost a unicorn.

What I do want-
  • Nice condition in and out and ready to drive. It doesn't have to be a show winner, but presentable at an informal car show.
  • Manual transmission. I might consider an automatic if the price was right and it was really nice.
  • The more stock the better. 100% stock and 100% complete being the ultimate goal.
What I don't want-
  • A rusty heap that is "ready for restoration".
  • Somebody's partially completed project.
  • A cut up hotrod, or significantly modified "resto mod" as they seem to call it today.
  • A Craigslist special. Runs, not really a parts car, but needs a lot of help.
To explain my wants, I am no stranger to vintage cars. In my past I have done restorations and revived junk cars to life. I know what's involved. I've done the hard work and I learned a lot.

However I'm at a stage in my life where I'm willing to pay for others to have done the heavy lifting, or to have done the amazing job of preservation. I'm not against some work remaining and of course as anyone who has dealt with vintage cars knows, they need continual repair and upkeep. I will be doing all this work myself. For about 15 years I drove nothing but vintage cars from the '50s and '60s as my daily driver and my only transportation. At some point I moved on.

I now want to get back to my vintage roots, but in baby steps.