Wtb 1968 442

Search this Thread

Old July 7th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Runner

Wtb 1968 442

This is the first time I've sold one of my Oldsmobiles without having another one lined up. I definitely feel the void. With having a couple different ones I'm ready to find my favorite year/model; 1968 442. I'm not in a rush, but want to see what may be out there in my budget. I am looking for something that is currently mechanically sound and can enjoy from day one and has little to no rust. My last car was a 68 442 convertible and I definitely know rust is not something I can handle. I have a budget of up to 15k depending on the car. If anyone has something available or come across any leads, please PM or email me. Obviously, it not something that has to be cosmetically perfect, I just want one I can enjoy anytime.

Thanks

Last edited by Joffroi; July 17th, 2014 at 07:08 AM.
Old July 8th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Administrator

That's going to be tough in that price range, good luck in your quest.
Old July 17th, 2014, 07:10 AM
Runner

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
That's going to be tough in that price range, good luck in your quest.
Yup, not the easiest. Actually found one fairly close. Spoke with the owner and he seems like a great guy. However (hopefully I don't get stoned and banned for saying this), I'm actually looking for an automatic .
Old July 17th, 2014, 07:31 AM
Administrator

Nothing wrong with an automatic, at least now you know what to look for to keep your new endeavor within your budget and skill level.
Old August 10th, 2014, 12:07 PM

pm sent
Old August 10th, 2014, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Joffroi
However (hopefully I don't get stoned and banned for saying this), I'm actually looking for an automatic .
No worries, I converted a 4 speed Rallye 350 to an automatic because I like automatics better.
Old August 10th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Runner

Update: Found exactly what I'm looking for from another great member here and just waiting for it to get picked up and shipped to my garage! Trying to not go crazy in the meantime.... :-)
Old August 29th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Lance

Update: Found exactly what I'm looking for from another great member here and just waiting for it to get picked up and shipped to my garage! Trying to not go crazy in the meantime.... :-)
Got any photos to share with us yet???
Old August 29th, 2014, 01:06 PM

I know it's just a wild *** guess, but maybe you can see quite a few pictures in this thread: ;-)
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...8-442-a-6.html

Last edited by dancutlass; August 29th, 2014 at 01:10 PM.
Old August 29th, 2014, 03:32 PM
morgan

Yup, not the easiest. Actually found one fairly close. Spoke with the owner and he seems like a great guy. However (hopefully I don't get stoned and banned for saying this), I'm actually looking for an automatic .
damn right there's nothing wrong with an automatic
Old August 29th, 2014, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by dancutlass
I know it's just a wild *** guess, but maybe you can see quite a few pictures in this thread: ;-)

I was thinking he might have made a deal with Chad:

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...-matching.html
Old August 30th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Runner

Originally Posted by dancutlass
Looks like we got some detectives over here! Dancutlass is the winner though. I got incredibly lucky and was able to work a deal to own Sammy's saved 68 442. He did an incredible job on the car and I still can't believe its in my garage. I definitely want to say Sammy (Ted) was absolutely great to work with it. Buying a car in another country was completely new to me and he definitely did more then a seller should to help it get to my house.

The car actually got to my house yesterday. The worst part... I wasn't there ! Bad luck with timing and an already planned family vacation made me miss the arrival. Another Oldsmobile friend of mine was able to put it in my garage and he says its more beautiful then expected. Needless to say, I'm very excited to get home. I'll have pictures as soon as I get some time with it.

The only other unfortunate thing was that somewhere in transit the brakes started failing but I can't image it being a big issue since everything was essentially redone. Its killing me not being able to look into it now! (may make thread about it once I get more details)

Regardless, its just great to have an Oldsmobile in the garage again. My favorite year, model, color, and with some great options and cool history....its like a dream come true. Unlike the convertible I had to part with, the condition is perfect for me. :-). I can definitely see this one being a fun bonding experience with my kids.

Again, I definitely want to give a shout out to Ted for being a fantastic seller and doing excellent work in restoration. I wish him the best of luck in his addiction of restoring these beautiful classics.
Attached Images
Old September 1st, 2014, 02:35 PM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Thanks Joffroi,
I am thrilled the car went to a good home

Ted