Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1972 CUTLASS SUPREME - ready to drive away!

Search this Thread

Old June 4th, 2013, 02:23 PM

1972 CUTLASS SUPREME - ready to drive away!

72 Cutlass Supreme - original Oldsmobile Rocket 350/TH350 column shift. Bamboo Yellow with black interior split bench with armrest. Very original, good tires, SSIII rims. 122K original miles, clear title. LOTS of recent work (less than 300 miles) - all receipts in hand - drives like a dream. New KYB shocks F/R, new hd sway bars F/R, brake line/hoses, fresh rebuilt carb/perfect choke, new AC Delco fuel pump, all new rear lower control arm bushings, all new upper front control arm bushings, all new lower front control arm bushings, full alignment, McGuard lugs & locks, K&N air filter, all new AC Delco plugs/PCV, cap & rotor, Moroso 8mm wires, timing. Runs & drives great - starts right up, shifts perfect, handles great. I've had these cars for years and learned what parts to put on them to make them run/handle. Some exhaust leaks/needs minor interior tweaking. A real "eye catcher" - be prepared to be social w this car! Extra parts as well: original "T3" headlights, rear pedestal spoiler, passenger's side mirror w/gasket. Motivated seller - $4000 or best offer

Link to craigslist ad - http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...978719121.html

Having problems uploading all photos to this site but the referenced ad has them. I will be re-listing the ad when it expires on Craigslist so search for "1972 CUTLASS SUPREME - READY TO DRIVE AWAY!" if the above link does not work. I do have more photos upon request. Car is located in Los Angeles for pick up. Thanks for looking - get in touch if you're interested!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_1440.jpg (62.3 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by Scooby; August 12th, 2013 at 12:56 AM. Reason: trying to add photo
Old June 4th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Should be a nice project for someone, good luck.
Old June 4th, 2013, 03:34 PM

I like the way the Sun tach was inset in the dash where the clock would be.
Old June 4th, 2013, 05:15 PM

Thanks, @oldcutlass - it's perfect for that. Solid floorboards/trunk. It's a great driver car right now - fun and smooth. As I said - very original - not all hacked up after 41 years. Yes - it needs some attention...but after 41 years don't we all?

@Olds442redberet - nice eye for detail - that tach has been with me for 30 years from my first street car. It was a chore to get it mounted in the factory cup from a speedometer - did it for my last car, a sweet '71 Cutlass Supreme that I was in the process of buying back when Hurricane Sandy dropped a tree on her. If I was staying in NY I would've bought her back from the insurance company and rebuilt. But this is how the cards fall. I bought this car because I thought you needed a car in LA (nope) and fix all that needed to be fixed only to find out that I really just hate driving in traffic to get places and I like sitting on a bus and letting the driver deal with the mess...
Old June 4th, 2013, 06:50 PM
72 Olds CS

good luck w the sale

I like that suntach in the clock spot too...heres mine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
sunpro tach.jpg (69.2 KB, 63 views)
Old June 5th, 2013, 12:59 AM

Thanks @RetroRanger - I'll take all the well wishes I can get
Old June 27th, 2013, 12:47 PM

Hey fellow Olds nutz - price drop on the car - I've dropped it to a very nice $5500 or best offer. You're getting a lot for your money on this car at this price. Car needs to sell - get in touch if you're interested in a solid car. Thanks
Old August 12th, 2013, 01:04 AM

OK peoples - I need to sell the car. I dropped the price to $4000 (I know the craigslist says $4500) as I want someone to drive this and do what they'd like to it - restore to stock or drop in a nicely built 455 and go tear up the streets. No nonsense - if you're interested please get in touch. This car rides so crazy nice and sits so nice (I personally would get some B.F. Goodrich Radial T/As on it!) in its suspension. Yes - it has been on ebay - this last bidding got closer to what I want but no cigar. I have over $1200 in parts/$2600 labor plus the purchase price from February. I know we don't get out what we put in (ok - rarely the lucky ones do) - realistically I'm looking for half what I have in it. Drop me some questions. Thanks for reading.