Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

W31? on Minnesota craigslist

Search this Thread

Old December 23rd, 2017, 07:26 PM

so i wreck my original fully documented w-31.take the engine and all the OAI parts and throw em on a regular cutlass.i can then call IT a w-31!!!
Old December 24th, 2017, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by oldsmobiledave

Further to the original argument, a W Machine without it's original engine is still a W machine regardless of the ridiculous statements to the contrary.

It's OK Joe....I'll let it go now and leave others to evaluate what we have written. I'm comfortable with my posts.
I take issue with your posts in that they come off as condescending and implying that your judgment on the matter is worth more than that of others.
Old December 24th, 2017, 07:23 AM

final thought

Originally Posted by Koda
I take issue with your posts in that they come off as condescending and implying that your judgment on the matter is worth more than that of others.

You are putting your own spin on what is written. They are just words and they have no tone or emotion and consequently you perceive them as condescending even though that is not the intention.

In some instances, and on some subjects, there is right & wrong not just opinion.

Good luck to the seller of the car in the original post. Sorry to have gotten this thread so far off track.
Old December 24th, 2017, 08:08 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by cherokeepeople
so i wreck my original fully documented w-31.take the engine and all the OAI parts and throw em on a regular cutlass.i can then call IT a w-31!!!
There is a difference, installing the W31 powertrain into a Cutlass is a clone. I agree with Dave, a W car will always be born a W car whether it has a its original engine or not. The only thing that changes is the value based on originality of parts and docs.
Old December 24th, 2017, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by oldsmobiledave
You are putting your own spin on what is written. They are just words and they have no tone or emotion and consequently you perceive them as condescending even though that is not the intention.

In some instances, and on some subjects, there is right & wrong not just opinion.

Good luck to the seller of the car in the original post. Sorry to have gotten this thread so far off track.
Dude. You called what I said ridiculous. Own it.

I'm perfectly willing to discuss right and wrong, in fact, I will.
Old December 24th, 2017, 09:07 AM
Maintained

As the O.P. i must admit this post has become exactly what the seller had predicted would happen. I regret posting this here for Olds24 (Randy). My apologies to you Randy.
Instead of this being used to showcase a potential worthy purchase for someone, it has now devolved into a senseless war of words and pitiful opinions.

I would wish you a Merry Christmas, if your spirits would accept that.
Maybe a Happy New Year with resolve would be better.
Old December 24th, 2017, 09:59 AM

Merry Christmas to you too Scott