Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

FS Numbers Matching 1972 Hurst Olds >>>>>

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2007, 07:39 AM

FS Numbers Matching 1972 Hurst Olds >>>>>

I hate to use the word rare. Of all the Cutlass Supremes, this one is of the absolute lowest production numbers. One of only 279 hardtops built in 1972. Please correct me if Im wrong on this.

The car has its original numbers matching 455 and the Original numbers matching TH400 Transmission. It has its original Hurst Dual gate shifter, rear end, and all trim pieces. The car was being prepared for paint when I got it so it is primer gray. The trunk lid needs some work at the lower lip before the car can be shot. A once over and some block sanding should do the trick.

The car has everything it came originally with Including the OAI Breather base and the correct factory ram air hood. I had toyed with putting the time and money into this car and getting a truly desirable show car but i don't have the time, the storage or the extra money. I need to get no less than 10,000.00 for this car the way it sits.

Anyone who has the means and the time will be stoked to get this car. It is not a rust bucket. The floor pans are in excellent condition, the trunk is in excellent condition. It has the front and rear sway bars. A/C, PS, Duel exhaust with cut out bumper, W & Z exhaust manifolds, tilt column etc... Everything the car came with originally.

This is not a cream puff. The rear bumper will need straightened and rechromed. The front bumper will need rechromed. The interior will need restored.

What this is, is the perfect restoration project with all numbers matching w45 cowl tag U code 1972 Hurst Olds.

I live in San Marcos CA so you can come by and take a look upon appointment anytime after the weekend of the 12/13 of May.

The car is drivable but it hasn't hit the street running for some time so you would be safe to trailer her. The tranny has all new gaskets as of yesterday. We ran the car for 2 hours or so and the rear main does leak so you will have get into the engine gaskets at the very minimum.

Anyhow, it is what it is and anyone who want a Hurst Olds from 1972 is gonna get a hell of a deal on this one. It comes with many extra parts.

Email me for any detailed photos of the car.
Cheers!
Justin
ddusty1@gmail.com
Old May 15th, 2007, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by ddusty1
I hate to use the word rare. Of all the Cutlass Supremes, this one is of the absolute lowest production numbers. One of only 279 hardtops built in 1972. Please correct me if Im wrong on this.

The car has its original numbers matching 455 and the Original numbers matching TH400 Transmission. It has its original Hurst Dual gate shifter, rear end, and all trim pieces. The car was being prepared for paint when I got it so it is primer gray. The trunk lid needs some work at the lower lip before the car can be shot. A once over and some block sanding should do the trick.

The car has everything it came originally with Including the OAI Breather base and the correct factory ram air hood. I had toyed with putting the time and money into this car and getting a truly desirable show car but i don't have the time, the storage or the extra money. I need to get no less than 10,000.00 for this car the way it sits.

Anyone who has the means and the time will be stoked to get this car. It is not a rust bucket. The floor pans are in excellent condition, the trunk is in excellent condition. It has the front and rear sway bars. A/C, PS, Duel exhaust with cut out bumper, W & Z exhaust manifolds, tilt column etc... Everything the car came with originally.

This is not a cream puff. The rear bumper will need straightened and rechromed. The front bumper will need rechromed. The interior will need restored.

What this is, is the perfect restoration project with all numbers matching w45 cowl tag U code 1972 Hurst Olds.

I live in San Marcos CA so you can come by and take a look upon appointment anytime after the weekend of the 12/13 of May.

The car is drivable but it hasn't hit the street running for some time so you would be safe to trailer her. The tranny has all new gaskets as of yesterday. We ran the car for 2 hours or so and the rear main does leak so you will have get into the engine gaskets at the very minimum.

Anyhow, it is what it is and anyone who want a Hurst Olds from 1972 is gonna get a hell of a deal on this one. It comes with many extra parts.

Email me for any detailed photos of the car.
Cheers!
Justin
ddusty1@gmail.com
Decided to sell the hood and the breather base with the car so car is complete.
Old May 15th, 2007, 04:35 PM

Photos of the 72

Here are quite a few good photos of her.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ddusty1/...ey=1IYG8JipULA