Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Cars For Sale WTF

Search this Thread

Old July 26th, 2021, 05:45 PM
MOTORHEAD

Cars For Sale WTF

Hey if you own a car and would like to advertise in cars 4 sale
AWESOME

If you want to post every "OLDS" for sale / sold auction result EBAY BS POS
WHY post in cars for sale
And then the commentary bicker banter
LoL
I hope this gets under control soon son

I went on vacation and came home to bitching on my phone about this and members
Please gibve me a f King break
I am not a moderator and never want to be one
GOD Bless those folks

Good Bye and Good Luck
brian
Old July 27th, 2021, 06:51 AM

apologize for my posts on auction results.. was trying to help others see what the current market is if they are trying to sell something similar.
Old July 27th, 2021, 08:40 AM
69 Cutlass S

I enjoy people posting others cars for sale. Must have missed where we were being forced to open them.
Old July 27th, 2021, 08:55 AM
1972 Cutlass Town Sedan

You cant make everyone happy in this world, opinions are like @SSholes, we have one. Just be glad we still have that, Genz have gotten alot of things canceled this year so we don't need anymore of that, so lets hope the moderators don't do anything.
Old July 27th, 2021, 06:39 PM

...everyone has one and they all stick.

Old July 28th, 2021, 12:24 AM
Rocket Renegade!

Originally Posted by Kensey
...everyone has one and they all stick.
Open or shut?
Old July 28th, 2021, 04:31 PM

Is this where I post my ex wife's uncles grandkids Geo Storm? Dammit 11971/Brian why aren't you handling this. You need to stop being so damn lazy.
Old August 2nd, 2021, 11:45 AM

I think the o/p was stating, there is a general discussion and a club house area of this site to post the ebay auction sales, or auction sales, That are After the fact (sold) vehicles.
The classified area should be for things that are avail to buy.
not a classic olds price guild.
I just scroll past those threads, but he has a point.
Old August 2nd, 2021, 03:56 PM

GEEEZ Louise, I'm glad I have more important things to consider..over and out..
Old August 2nd, 2021, 03:59 PM
MOTORHEAD

HO

Last edited by 11971four4two; August 2nd, 2021 at 04:08 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2021, 04:11 PM

Yes sir!!!
Old August 3rd, 2021, 08:53 AM
Jeff

I've been holding off on asking this question to the moderators / admins. People posting "NOT MINE" in the For Sale section need to stop. Those posts don't belong here, the intent of this part of the forum is supposed to be members selling their own cars.
Old August 3rd, 2021, 09:13 AM
MOTORHEAD

Originally Posted by 'S'tuff1979
Is this where I post my ex wife's uncles grandkids Geo Storm? Dammit 11971/Brian why aren't you handling this. You need to stop being so damn lazy.
Just being myself in my canoe
aint got the time

Old August 3rd, 2021, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Weezer
I've been holding off on asking this question to the moderators / admins. People posting "NOT MINE" in the For Sale section need to stop. Those posts don't belong here, the intent of this part of the forum is supposed to be members selling their own cars.
I feel the "NOT MINE" posts are helpful, in many cases because it's impossible for most CO shoppers to scour the whole country. The "NOT MINE" posts direct attention to desirable Olds cars CO shoppers would not know about. I agree it is not the intent of the category but I do not object to the posts.
Old August 3rd, 2021, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by dragline
I feel the "NOT MINE" posts are helpful, in many cases because it's impossible for most CO shoppers to scour the whole country. The "NOT MINE" posts direct attention to desirable Olds cars CO shoppers would not know about. I agree it is not the intent of the category but I do not object to the posts.
Agreed.

​​​​​​……..
Old August 3rd, 2021, 11:26 AM

Maybe as a compromise we could have two categories for Oldsmobiles for sale. One would be for sale by owner, & one not for sale by owner.
Old August 3rd, 2021, 12:10 PM
Old School Olds

This one is mine. It's a beautiful 1966 442 convertible. I want $28.000 for it. Thanks and buy it please. I need to finish up my 70 442.

Old August 3rd, 2021, 05:16 PM
Banned

I guess I am missing something. Why is it wrong to post cars for sale in case someone might want this or that and not run across them? I like looking at all the ads and seeing what is out there and for how much.

Last edited by no1oldsfan; August 4th, 2021 at 12:16 AM.
Old August 3rd, 2021, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by no1oldsfan
I guess I am missing something. Why is wrong to post cars for sale in case someone might want this or that and not run across them? I like looking at all the ads and seeing what is out there and for how much.
Agree 100% on this.

If there is someone that is not interested in a thread or a particular post, then just move on.
Old August 3rd, 2021, 06:14 PM

I think the point is this is a "Car for Sale" Section and not a this car sold at Auction Section. If it sold at auction it is obviously not for sale and should not be posted here.
Old August 3rd, 2021, 07:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 442NV
Agree 100% on this.

If there is someone that is not interested in a thread or a particular post, then just move on.
Careful. Common sense isn't looked upon these days.
Old August 3rd, 2021, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by jharsh
I think the point is this is a "Car for Sale" Section and not a this car sold at Auction Section. If it sold at auction it is obviously not for sale and should not be posted here.
This.
Old August 3rd, 2021, 10:39 PM
Banned

I can't think of one post that was after a car had sold. I have seen nothing but cars for sale. If I am wrong please show me the thread. Maybe it happened and I didn't see it.
Old August 3rd, 2021, 10:44 PM
Banned

Maybe it was from this douchebag.

I sure appreciated his offer. I know he already had pictures on his phone from sending them to others. Civil and be nice first after you offer a Glamour shot. Class act. Thanks....

Oh wait. That's You!!! 🥳🤣😂
Old August 4th, 2021, 04:36 AM

In case you missed it.

I can't think of one post that was after a car had sold. I have seen nothing but cars for sale. If I am wrong please show me the thread. Maybe it happened and I didn't see it.
How about Here: https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...ne-63k-157237/
and
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...ne-39k-157239/
and
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...ne-20k-157240/
and
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...ne-45k-157238/

Should I keep going?

Old August 4th, 2021, 06:35 AM
69 Cutlass S

Originally Posted by jharsh
That is your opinion. Many apparently disagree. The site can make a rule banning it, but more would miss it than are complaining, I would bet. Start a poll, let’s find out.
I am much more bothered by the vulgar initial post than by these listings . Most well run sites ban shorthand vulgarity.
Old August 4th, 2021, 06:44 AM

The member that posted the auction results did apologize & I can't say I've seen any recent auction results except for the posts he made. As I mentioned before, maybe as a compromise we could have two categories for Oldsmobiles for sale. One would be for sale by owner, & one not for sale by owner(ebay etc.)
Old August 4th, 2021, 07:12 AM

I am guilty of having posted cars for sale that I clearly marked as "not mine." I did so because as stated previously folks on here may not see vehicles posted outside their "home" area. I never had the impression that the Classifieds section here on C.O. was only for members' cars - I guess I glossed over that directive. Many times new folks sign up here specifically looking for cars of a particular nature. I hope I am being helpful in their search
Old August 4th, 2021, 02:07 PM

Being the Devils advocate here...

Say I see an ad on Wedensday for a car that might be something I'm interested in a couple hours away from me posted in a local Craigslist, or even paper magazine...
I call the person and make arrangements to come see it Saturday morning.
At this point, it's likely it has only local exposure.
Someone else finds it, but is not interested in buying it, but shares it here...
Next thing you know, the seller has 20 other calls or emails about it...
A few things can happen.
A. Someone without a day job, or who is retired, or who deals cars for a living swoops in and grabs it up.
B. Seller is wondering if his price is too low with all the sudden interest, and removes the ad, to repost it at a higher price.
C. Seller decides to "take highest offer"

Would be interested to know if any of the "Heads up" given here have directly lead to a sale.
And on the flip side... Has a "heads up" given here caused anyone to miss out on a sale?
Old August 4th, 2021, 04:13 PM

Occasionally I will post a Not Mine, but its because its something pretty rare, like a 66 W30, 64 442, or something unusual like a B body stick car.... I can't see an issue with this....
Old August 4th, 2021, 07:45 PM
Banned

I have and will keep posting cars for sale. I actually might want to connect an Olds person with said car. I don't put money first. I think connecting Oldsmobile people with Oldsmobile cars and parts is a cool process. How many fools just want to make a buck? So So So many. That is lame. To get pissed that you didn't get a chance to screw the honest seller? Taking advantage of people is so unethical.

Look at V8 Buick. Members cars for sale. Internet Leads etc section. Maybe try
that to please the whoever's.

Still blows me away that turning Oldsmobile people onto Oldsmobile cars is wrong?
Old August 4th, 2021, 08:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Oldsmaniac
Occasionally I will post a Not Mine, but its because its something pretty rare, like a 66 W30, 64 442, or something unusual like a B body stick car.... I can't see an issue with this....
You are so ok and perfect doing that. The bull shirt of deflection here is WOW. We as Oldsmobile people need to give a something about each other. Look out for each other. Weird huh?

Wait .... I need to make money off this .. 🤔😂🥳🖕
Where is your core?
Old August 4th, 2021, 10:09 PM

I have and will keep posting cars for sale. I actually might want to connect an Olds person with said car. I don't put money first. I think connecting Oldsmobile people with Oldsmobile cars and parts is a cool process. How many fools just want to make a buck? So So So many. That is lame. To get pissed that you didn't get a chance to screw the honest seller? Taking advantage of people is so unethical.

Look at V8 Buick. Members cars for sale. Internet Leads etc section. Maybe try
that to please the whoever's.

Still blows me away that turning Oldsmobile people onto Oldsmobile cars is wrong?
It isn't, (at least for me) the xx year , 442 for sale (not mine) threads with a link to the vehicle in question.
It is the xxx year 442 sold at BJ auction, and a link to that lot number (car) and it already crossed the auction block, and is sold.
These are not helping those looking to buy a classic Olds, and looking. As they are already sold.

Classified car ad's are vehicles avail. for sale. not threads of sold vehicles. That sold long before the thread was started.
It is a Classified forum area, not a classic olds value guide.
Only reason to push those type threads in a classified area, is to try to push the sales of other cars deal higher than they normally would.
As now Joe blow thinks his xxxx year 422 is worth the same type coin. nothing wrong with threads on what an olds sold for on flee bay, or an auction, but They don't belong in the classified forum area.
You can't post threads of parts or cars for sale in other forum areas. They will get deleted or moved to the classified forum area. They do this to keep all the ad's in one area, and not clutter up the other forum areas with ads for parts, cars, or your c/d collection of elvis.
Same should happen in the classified forum area, if it isn't a product that is avil to buy. it should not be in that area, and ebay sales and auction block sales that already happened are not product that are avail, to buy.
Links to a vehicle, or parts not sold yet, that someone finds while on ebay, fb market place or an auction web site. I see no problem there, but things that already sold before the thread started, NO.
N
Old August 4th, 2021, 10:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Grayghost
It isn't, (at least for me) the xx year , 442 for sale (not mine) threads with a link to the vehicle in question.
It is the xxx year 442 sold at BJ auction, and a link to that lot number (car) and it already crossed the auction block, and is sold.
These are not helping those looking to buy a classic Olds, and looking. As they are already sold.

Classified car ad's are vehicles avail. for sale. not threads of sold vehicles. That sold long before the thread was started.
It is a Classified forum area, not a classic olds value guide.
Only reason to push those type threads in a classified area, is to try to push the sales of other cars deal higher than they normally would.
As now Joe blow thinks his xxxx year 422 is worth the same type coin. nothing wrong with threads on what an olds sold for on flee bay, or an auction, but They don't belong in the classified forum area.
You can't post threads of parts or cars for sale in other forum areas. They will get deleted or moved to the classified forum area. They do this to keep all the ad's in one area, and not clutter up the other forum areas with ads for parts, cars, or your c/d collection of elvis.
Same should happen in the classified forum area, if it isn't a product that is avil to buy. it should not be in that area, and ebay sales and auction block sales that already happened are not product that are avail, to buy.
Links to a vehicle, or parts not sold yet, that someone finds while on ebay, fb market place or an auction web site. I see no problem there, but things that already sold before the thread started, NO.
N
Good call. Maybe the powers that be can make two new forums.

1.) Cars for sale not by a member
2.) Cars that sold and people want to discuss.

Should be simple enough to add.

🤯

I so understand what you are saying. If the ad is current and you want to alert people that want it. Post it.

Car's that have already sold. Dedicate a forum to that as well. Simple fix.

👍

Last edited by no1oldsfan; August 4th, 2021 at 10:30 PM.
Old August 5th, 2021, 12:19 AM

Good call. Maybe the powers that be can make two new forums.

1.) Cars for sale not by a member
2.) Cars that sold and people want to discuss.

Should be simple enough to add.

🤯

I so understand what you are saying. If the ad is current and you want to alert people that want it. Post it.

Car's that have already sold. Dedicate a forum to that as well. Simple fix.

👍
no need for a new forum area, this site has 2, the club house, and general.
But if it isn't avail to buy, already sold. before the o/p starts the thread, it should not be in the classified area.
Find something on ebay/bj/mecum/fb market place, bring a trailer and it is still live. and avail to buy when you start the thread. then sure post it in the classified with a not mine, but title.
As those reading it can buy it if they want.
Old August 5th, 2021, 06:58 AM

How about a price history thread for cars that have sold.
I think most everyone on here recognizes that auctions and dealers are going to be 20% higher than private party. But it at least shows if they are moving in the general public for trend purposes.
no requirement to post but if people see something of interest that sold and want to share it, that’s ok.
Agree that maybe going forward that we only put cars still available in the classified area.

as a ref I hope that NoVa 69 442 was able to make a deal on the 1970 that I posted (not mine)

we have seen some cool things show up on here as not normal members sign in and post cars…
1969 1 owner 442 convertible this spring from here in MN and just recently in TX 1970 442 that just needed to be finished.

I really don’t believe any member has posted a car on here, sold or for sale with a bad intent in mind, just trying to be helpful in their own way.
Old August 5th, 2021, 10:06 AM

I'm just going to add that I actually like seeing on this thread what has sold and for what price. If I am looking into buying a car, seeing what they are selling for helps in determining what I should be offering. Technically, yea....sold vehicles should probably be it's own thread, but like I stated earlier...only takes a few movements of your mouse to move on. Feel like there is more value having sold vehicle information here versus in a new topic. My 2 cents.
Old August 5th, 2021, 07:32 PM

I enjoy seeing all posts about Olds cars for sale, cars that are awesome and cars that are really rough. I appreciate seeing what cars are selling for, not because I am selling my 442, but anything I own, I enjoy understanding the trending value of it (just like when a house sells in my neighborhood, its nice to understand how quickly it sold and for how much) as someday in the this lifetime we or our heirs will sell much of our most valued items. I like seeing what auctions are selling and what they sell for as well. I wish I had bought bitcoin at $1000, but I don't own any, yet still watch the price everyday as its interesting to watch that crazy ride. I agree that possibly some threads are not placed in the correct areas, but somehow I don't lose my mind over it. Maybe because reading the board is and will remain the least stress free part of my busy life.

Last edited by capstoneclub; September 5th, 2021 at 08:55 PM.
Old August 5th, 2021, 08:07 PM
Banned

Amen to everything you just said. Telling Oldsmobile people about Oldsmobile cars etc I think just makes sense. I also like seeing what people ask and what they end up getting. It helps all Olds fans.
Old September 4th, 2021, 10:01 PM

Is that fish for sale? 😁

Quick Reply: Cars For Sale WTF