Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

72 Olds Cutlass S hardtop 4sale - $3500 US obo

Search this Thread

Old May 26th, 2006, 07:49 PM

72 Olds Cutlass S hardtop 4sale - $3500 US obo

I am listing this car for a friend and I will try and list all the good and the bad. I have quite a few pictures so email me if you want more pictures so that you can see the true condition of the car yourself.

This is a very nice running 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass S, 2 door hard top, numbers matching vehicle. It still has the original motor & transmission with approximately 120,000 miles and running strong! It has the 350 Rocket / 2 Barrel Carb. PLEASE NOTE: Car was converted to propane from gas (I guess someone wanted to save money on fuel ?!?). The vehicle has a 3 Speed Automatic (floor console), power steering and power brakes. The car originally came with air conditioning but the compressor is missing. There is some rust in the trunk and the car will need a little sheet metal repair just in the trunk. The front driver side floor shows a little surface rust and I saw a very small hole on the drivers side but the rest of the floor and in the rear seats is solid ! There is surface rust around rears wheels but no holes. There is a small dent in the passenger door & rear quarter panel. The front windshield has a 6 inch crack and there is also a small crack in the dash. Both front seats have solid frames and the cushions are good just as the rear seats but the covers are starting to split at the seams. They can easily be repaired or recovered. The driver side outside mirror was broken off and is missing. The original AM Radio is also missing.

Though the vehicle has been converted to propane, I was told by a mechanic that it can very easily be converted back to gas and all you would only need is a carburetor & gas tank and new fuel line. Overall, the car body is pretty straight with some minor spots of rust. The trunk area is the one area that needs to be repaired in order to recertify the vehicle for the road.

Overall, this car can be used as is with a few fixes (trunk pan fixed and replace the driver side mirror) or it can be an excellent candidate for a full restoration back into a true collector's muscle car !! This is a running car and NOT a "project car" or "parts car". The engine runs strong and the brakes work ! Exhaust is good and overall the car can be put back on the road right away with very little work.

Car is located in Toronto, Ontario. I can assist in shipping by delivering the car to a local shipping depot for you. Seller is asking $3500US obo. Please contact me at favourite_one@hotmail.com if you are interested or would like some more information or pics.

thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Frontview_smaller.jpg (28.6 KB, 60 views)